- Dr. Vijit is an accomplished Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon with experience of more than 21+ years.
- In Dr. Cherian’s career spanning over two decades, he has performed over 8500 heart surgeries.
- Dr. K Cherian has also offered treatment for Valvular heart disease and Heart Failure.
- Dr. Vijit Cherian is skilled in performing Mitral Valve Repair Surgery, Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, and General Thoracic Surgery and Tracheal surgery.
- Dr. Vijit also takes interest in teaching and has been an Associate Professor and Head of the Department of Cardiology at Christian Medical College Vellore.
- Dr. is a member of several prestigious associations that include: Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS) and Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- After graduating with MBBS from Seth G S Medical College Mumbai, in 1992, Dr. Vijit K Cherian has pursued MS in General Surgery in Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai, in 1995. Thereafter, he did DNB from Tata Memorial Hospital in 1995. Later, he pursued MCh in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery from Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, 1996-98.
- MCh, 1998, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
- DNB, 1995, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- MS, 1995, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- MBBS, 1992, Seth G S Medical College, Mumbai
Work Experience Of Dr. Vijit K Cherian
- Associate Professor, Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Valvular Heart Disease,
- Heart Failure,
- Mitral Valve Repair Surgery,
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery,
- General Thoracic Surgery,
- Tracheal surgery,
- Surgical Ventricular Restoration
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Aortic Valve Repair
- Aortic Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve
- Aortic Valve replacement - Tissue Valve
- Balloon Valvuloplasty - Aortic
- Biventricular Pacing
- Complex congenital heart surgeriesg
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Treatment
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Device Closure- ASD VSD
- ECMO Support
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Mitral Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve
- Mitral Valve replacement - Tissue Valve
- Neonatal and Infant cardiac surgeries
- PDA Device Closure
- PDA Ligation
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Single Chamber
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Single Ventricle Defects Surgery
- TAPVC - Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
Director MBBS, MS, MCh
31 years of experience
New Delhi, India
Director , MCh, MS, MBBS
21 years of experience