- Prof. Dr. Hakan Korkmaz is a well-known ENT Surgeon & Otorhinolaryngologist with experience of more than 32+ years in the field.
- Dr. Hakan is an active member of the Turkish Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Association (TKBBBBCD), Turkish Rhinology Association, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head Neck Surgery (Corresponding Membership), Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Association, Laryngology Association, Otology and Otoneurology Association, and Asia-Pacific Society of Thyroid Surgery.
- He successfully completed his medical education at Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1988 and later did his specialization in the same faculty in 1989 and successfully passed the ECFMG exams in the United States in 1989.
- He worked as a Clinical Fellowship for two years in the Department of Ear Nose and Throat, USA Michigan Wayne State University in 1998, during which period he participated in approximately 400 head and neck surgery surgeries and gave training to residents.
- Dr. Korkmaz has expertise in the Laryngeal Cancers, Sound Problems, Goiter, Children Ear Nose Throat Diseases, Head and Neck Cancer, Tonsil and Adenoid, Snoring And Sleep Apnea, Facial paralysis, Tonsil Diseases, Nasal Deformity, Adenoid (Nasal Flesh), Salivary Gland Cancer, Nasal Septum Deviation, Nasal Polyp, etc.
- He has been involved in many research projects and has 9 international articles from these studies. In addition, he attended many surgical and medical courses and gave presentations at global conferences.
- Graduation, 1982, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine
- Post Graduation, 1988, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine
- Fellowship, 1998, Department of Ear Nose Throat, USA Michigan Wayne State University
Work Experience Of Prof. Dr. Hakan Korkmaz
Consultant, Ankara Numune Hospital
Chief, Ankara Dışkapı Yıldırım Beyazıt Hospital
Professor, Yıldırım Beyazıt University
- 1998 May: Third place with 76 points in the SB Chief and Assistant Chief Examination
- September 1999: Conference Scholarship of the American Academy of Otolaryngology Annual Meeting of AAO-HNSF, New Orleans-Louisiana USA
- 2000 January: Conference Scholarship from Triologic Society, Triological Society Meeting, Cincinnati-Ohio, USA
- 2000 April ÜDS English exam "100" full score
- 2018 - President of the 13th International Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Congress, 5-7 April 2018 Ankara JW Marriott
- 2019 - 5th Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Cancers Congress Co-Chair, 7-9 March 2019, Antalya Xanadu Hotel.
1 Önerc, M. S. Hoşal., Korkmaz H . “Nasal Osteoma: A Case Report,” J. Oral Maxillofac. Surg. 1993; 51: 423-25.
2. Korkmaz H., Çerezci N., Akmansu H., Dursun E., “A Comparison of Spiral and Conventional Computerized Tomography Methods in Diagnosing Various Laryngeal Lesions,” Eur. Arch. Otorhinolaryngol. 1998; 255 (3): 149-54.
3. Dursun E., Bayız Ü., Korkmaz H., Akmansu H., Uygur K., “Follow-up Results of 415 Patients After Endoscopic Sinus Surgery,” Eur. Arch. Otorhinolaryngol. 1998; 255 (10): 504-10.
4. Korkmaz H., Çaydere M., Dursun E., Samim E., Üstün H., Göçmen H., Özeri C., “Prognostic Importance of Lymphatic Reaction Pattern in Laryngeal Carcinoma,” Am. J. Otolaryngol. 1999; 20 (5): 298-303.
5. Şafak MA, Göçmen H., Korkmaz H., Kılıç R., “Computerized Tomographic Alignment of Silastic Implant in Type I Thyroplasty,” Am. J. Otolaryngol. 1999; 21 (3): 179-183.
6. Yoo GH, Hocwald E., Korkmaz H., Du W, Logani S, Kelly JK, Sakr W, Jacobs JR. Assessment of Carotid Artery Invasion in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer. Laryngoscope 2000; 110: 386-390.
7. Jacobs JR, Korkmaz H., Marks S., Kline R., Berguer R., “One Stage Carotid Artery Resection / Reconstruction in Radiated Head and Neck Carcinoma,” Am. J. Otolaryngol. 2001; 22 (3): 167-171.
8. Hocwald E., Korkmaz H., Yoo G., Adsay V., Shibuya T., Abrams J., Jacobs JR, “Prognostic Factors in Major Salivary Gland Cancers,” Laryngoscope, 2001; 111: 1434-1439.
9. Akmansu H, Eryılmaz A., Dağlı M., Korkmaz H. , “Endoscopic Removal of Paranasal Osteoma: A Case Report”, J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2002; 60 (2): 230-232.
10. Korkmaz H., Adsay V., Jacobs JR, Lucas D., “Lipomatous Pleomorphic Adenoma of Parotid Gland”, Histopathology 2002; 40 (5): 487-488.
11. Korkmaz H. , Yoo G., Du W., Hocwald E., Otero-Garcia J., Adsay V, Shibuya T, Jacobs JR, “Predictors of nodal metastasis in salivary gland cancer” J Surg Oncol 2002; 80 (4): 186-189.
12. Dogru H., Korkmaz H. “External canal cholesteatoma” Otol Neurotol 2002; 23 (2): 241-242.
13. Göçer C, Dursun E, Görgülü O, Çil B, Korkmaz H, Eryılmaz A. ”Intractable epistaxis related to cavernous carotid artery pseudoaneurysm: treatment of a case with covered stent” Aurix Nasus Larynx, 2004; 31 (3): 275-278.
14. Dursun E., Korkmaz H. , Bayız Ü., Kılıç R., Samim E., “Concholit: Case report,” Otolaryngol Head and Neck Surgery 2003; 128 (5): 764-765.
15. Eryilmaz A., Akmansu H., Topic E., Acer A., Korkmaz H. “The role of 70 degrees telescopic examination during the direct laryngoscopic evaluation of laryngeal cancer” Eur Arch of Otorhinol 2004 May; 261 (5): 267-269.
- Laryngeal Cancers
- Sound Problems
- Children Ear Nose Throat Diseases
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Tonsil and Adenoid
- Snoring And Sleep Apnea
- Facial paralysis
- Tonsil Diseases
- Nasal Deformity
- Adenoid (Nasal Flesh)
- Salivary Gland Cancer
- Nasal Septum Deviation
- Nasal Polyp
- Cancer of the tongue
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Balloon Sinuplasty
- Cochlear Implantation
- Endoscopic Septoplasty
- FESS - Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Stapedectomy Surgery