- Chonnam National University Hospital Gwangju South Korea was established in 1910 as Jahye Clinic with a staff strength of just 12 people. It has evolved into the largest multi-hospital system in the world, with 3000 employees, after 110 years. It is also recognized as a top-tier general hospital in Korea and a global hospital.
- It has 38 clinical divisions and 7 Specialised Centres as a multispecialty hospital.
- In 1998, CNUH founded a clinic for foreign patients. With a rise in foreign patients over time, the clinic gradually developed into an International Medical Centre, which was built in 2014. Its aim is to enhance service quality and comfort in order to meet the increasing demands of international patients. The International Medical Centre is on the first floor of the Children’s Hospital.
- For the fifth year in a row, Chonnam National University Hospital Gwangju South Korea was named the best hospital for colorectal cancer surgery. It was named an outstanding emergency medical service hospital and an excellent hospital for gastric cancer for two years in a row in the same year. It also won top marks in the evaluation of hemodialysis’s suitability. In addition, the Regional Cardio-cerebrovascular Center was named the best facility.
- CNUH was named the best hospital in the world for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft in 2016.
- CNUH was rated the best hospital in the country in 2015, out of 316. It was also rated a first-rate hospital by HIRA for the fifth time in a row in the evaluation of effective acute stroke care. By the end of the year, it had secured first place in the evaluation of effective antibiotic usage in infants and children with acute otitis media for the fourth year in a row.
- In 2013, the CNUH Trauma Center was designated as a Regional Trauma Center. In fact, the Ministry of Health and Welfare named it as a serious trauma center in 2010.
- CNUH is fitted with cutting-edge technology and facilities.
- CNUH has agreements with several universities in Europe, America, and Asia to improve its research studies.
- It also offers medical assistance to countries such as Uzbekistan and Malaysia, to name a few.
Team And Specialities
- The Hospital has 7 Specialised Centres namely - the Cardio-Cerebrovascular Centre, Gastrointestinal Center, Trauma Centre, Emergency Medical Centre, Health Promotion Centre, Kidney Centre, and Organ Transplantation Centre.
- CNUH stands strong on an area of 40,844.00 sq. metres with a total floor area of 113,630.45 sq. metres having 1,085 number of beds.
- It consists of 14 buildings. Besides different clinical departments spreading out, it has a Funeral hall, 2 Parking Lots, and the Chonnam National University close by.
- The Hospital has 517 Doctors, 821 Nurses, 28 Pharmacists, 180 Medical Technologists, 111 Administrative staff in addition to 292 other workers.
- Located in the south-western part of Korea, The Chonnam National University Hospital is located in the city of Gwangju.
- The nearest international airport is the Muan International Airport. The Hospital can be also be reached from the Incheon and Gimpo International Airports by taking a connecting flight to the domestic Gwangju Airport or take the Express bus or KTX (Korea Train Express). From the bus or train station, the Hospital can be reached by bus, taxi, or subway.
- There are as many as 6 bus stops around the Hospital.
- Tourist places like Asia Culture Centre, Chungjang-ro, Sajik Park Observatory, Penguin Village, and the Namgwangju Night Train Market are located near the Hospital and can be reached within a 10-minute walk.
Gwangju Gwangju 61469
COMFORT DURING STAY
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Welcome Package
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Fitness centre
- Spa and wellness
- Beauty salon
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance
396, Sector – 46-A, Chandigarh Chandigarh 160047 India
Established in : 1990
Number of Beds :
4/661, Dr Vikram Sarabai Instronic Estate 7th St, Dr. Vasi Estate Chennai 600096 India
Established in : 2019
Number of Beds : 180
Jaypee Hospital, Noida Sector-128 Noida Uttar Pradesh 201304 India
Established in : 2014
Number of Beds : 600