Cancer Treatment in India – What are your options Today?
Indian hospitals usually provide surgical treatments, radiation therapy treatments, chemotherapy treatments, bone marrow transplants, gene therapies, hormone therapies, etc based on the kind and stage of cancer that you or your family member is affected with.
People getting cancer treatment in India from all over the world:
India has the maximum number of cancer patients among developing countries. Various people from neighboring countries like Pakistan, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, etc get their cancer treatment in India. India having superior infrastructure, progressed, and sophisticated treatment therapies attract patients from African countries as well. India has the affordable treatment of cancer and attracts people from all over the world.
The main problem faced by cancer patients:
Because of poor health care infrastructure, all the patients get the same kind of treatment and suggestions from the doctors. A hospital specialized in providing the best chemotherapy attracts all the cancer patients irrespective of the kind of therapy he/she requires. Every Cancer patient requires special and personalized treatment according to their type and stage of cancer.
The consequence of the absence of skill:
Various Indian hospitals lack skilled oncologists and specialized cancer hospitals due to which most of the patients get the poor and wrong treatment. Hospitals offer patients the kind of therapy which benefits them commercially, but not according to the need of the patient.
What is a more significant right hospital or appropriate treatment?
Cancer being a complicated condition needs the joint efforts of specialists from every field of cancer.
Receiving the appropriate treatment is more significant as compared to the right place to get treatment because:
- It is crucial to be familiar with the advantages and threats related to the treatment being obtained.
- It is crucial to realize the possible undesirable side effects of the therapy are taken.
- It is crucial to realize the expected outcomes of the treatment.
- It is important to realize, whether the particular kind of therapy will favor or damage the patient’s present state, or will it lead to more complexities.
Ways to ensure that you are getting the right kind of treatment:
- The qualified doctors can let us know whether a specific treatment will be beneficial or not.
- A patient should get consultations from different experts of oncologists rather than one oncologist with an expert in one field.
- Family members of the patient should search for the best team of doctors to get a combined opinion for the treatment of the patient.
The team of doctors will give the best advice to the patient after a detailed study of the case of the patient and will also review it after every alternate day. Doctors will provide the truly expected outcome in advance to the family members of the patient before the treatment.
The cancer treatment cost in India is less than the value of a patient’s life. Patients should be beware of the doctors whose sole purpose is to fill their pockets with money and provide wrong treatment without any proper knowledge and put the life of the patient at risk.