- Dr. Ali Savas is a Neurosurgeon based in Ankara, Turkey with 28+ years of experience in the field.
- Dr. Savas worked as a member of the EANS Research Committee, “Board of Officers” of EANS, European Board of Neurosurgery, representative of Turkey at the World Federation of Neurosurgery (WFNS); member of the “Board of Directors” at the WSSFN (World Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery, and Executive Committee Member of the European Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (ESSFN).
- He graduated from Ankara University, School of Medicine in 1986, and was enrolled in the neurosurgical training program as a resident at the Department of Neurosurgery at Istanbul University in 1992.
- Later, he completed his doctoral (Ph.D.) study in Neuropharmacology and got further training in Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery at Freiburg University (Germany).
- He is interested in movement disorders surgery (Parkinson’s Disease, tremor), pain surgery (trigeminal neuralgia, cancer pain, neuropathic pain), and brain tumor surgery besides general neurosurgery.
- In 2002 he won the European Research-First Prize and is also a jury member of the “Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD)” scholarships awarded by the German Embassy.
- Dr. Savas has 115 scientific publications, 75 of which are international.
- Graduation, 1986, Ankara University (Turkey), School of Medicine
Work Experience Of Dr. Ali Savas
Senior Resident, Department of Neurosurgery, Istanbul University
Associate Professor, Ankara University
Professor, Munich University (Germany)
Associate Professor, University of Illinois, Chicago (USA)
- Movement disorders - Tremor
- Neurostimulation (brain pacemaker) applications
- Surgical treatment of pain (trigeminal neuralgia, cancer pain, facial pain, lower back and leg pain)
- Surgical treatment of Brain Tumors
- Alzheimer’s Disease Treatment
- Blood Clot Brain Surgery
- Brain Haemorrhage Treatment
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Cerebral Angioplasty
- Craniotomy Surgery
- CyberKnife Treatment
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Endovascular Coiling
- Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Pineal Region Tumors Treatment
- Pituitary Tumor Treatment