Dr. Nigel P Symss is a well-known neurosurgeon in Chennai. He has a strong experience of 13+ years, many foreign scholarships, and has been a consultant to some of Chennai’s most famous neurosurgery centres. Dr. Symss earned his MBBS at the reputed Bangalore Medical College and his DNB (Neurosurgery) at the prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Neurological Surgery, VHS Medical Centre, Chennai. Furthermore, he was awarded the Oi-Sami Fellowship at Jikei University School of Medicine in Japan, where he did extensive research on hydrocephalus and neuroendoscopy.
In the meanwhile, Watch out for a video of What are Brain Tumor Symptoms | Brain Tumor Symptoms
Dr. Nigel P Symss also completed a one-year spinal fellowship at Flinders Medical Centre in Adelaide, where he received training in difficult spinal surgery, neuron avigation, and micro neurosurgery. Following that, he completed a residency in functional neurosurgery at Adelaide’s Flinders Medical Centre. Furthermore, he has performed over 2610 neurosurgical procedures (both cranial and spinal) in adults and children with success.
He has several articles on hydrocephalus in prestigious international magazines to his name. Additionally, he serves on the continental editorial boards of the International Journal of Hydrocephalus and the Journal of Neuroendoscopy.
His Clinical Interests
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery (DBS)
- Vascular Neurosurgery
- Parkinson’s Treatment
- Seizure Treatment
- Dr. Symss has several hydrocephalus-related articles to his name in international magazines.
- He has 25 articles in Indian and international journals as well as several chapters in three neurosurgical textbooks.
- In the meanwhile, he has presented papers at national and international neurosurgical conferences.
Also, Do read about our Blog – Relevant questions to ask before you go for a NeuroSurgery
MBBS, Bangalore Medical College
Work Experience Of Dr Nigel P Symss
Senior Consultant, Fortis Malar Hospital ,Chennai
- Functional neurosurgery
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Skull base surgery
- Brain tumors
- Spinal surgery
- Alzheimer's disease treatment
- Blood Clot Brain Surgery
- Brain Haemorrhage Treatment
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Cerebral Angioplasty
- Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery
- Craniotomy Surgery
- CyberKnife Treatment
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Endovascular Coiling
- Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Pineal Region Tumors Treatment
- Pituitary Tumor Treatment
- Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spine Decompression Surgery
- Spine Tumour Surgery
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MS, MS
16 years of experience
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MS, MCh, Fellowship
21 years of experience