Dr. Sharma graduated from AIIMS in New Delhi with an MS in General Surgery and an MCh in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery. He received Ventricular Assist Device training in Berkeley, California. He completed his Paediatric Cardiovascular Surgery residency at Children’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts, and May Ann Knight Hospital for Children in Miami, Florida both in the United States.
Furthermore, since 1991, he has conducted over 20,000 cardiac surgery procedures involving a mix of adult and congenital heart disorders. His research focuses on the surgical treatment of congenital cardiac disorders that are difficult.
Member of Associations
- India Association of Thoracic and Cardio-Vascular Surgery
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- World Society for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
You may also be interested in – Know Everything About Heart Transplant In India
Also, Do watch out a video – Heart Bypass Surgery FAQ | Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting | CABG
- MBBS - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1982
- MCH - Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Surgery - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1988
- Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiovascular Surgery - Harvard Medical School, USA, 1989.
Work Experience Of Dr. Rajesh Sharma
- 2014 - Present Director - Paediatric Cardiac Surgery at the Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Jaypee Hospital.
- 2007-2014 Director & Head Paediatric Cardiac Surgery at the Department of Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre.
- 2001 - 2007 Senior Consultant Cardiac Surgery at Narayana Hrudayalaya
- 1991 - 2001 Additional Profesor at the Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- 1989 - 1991 Fellowship in Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery at Marry-Ann Knight Hospital for Children, Miami, USA.
- 1989 - 1989 Fellowship in Paediatric Cardiovascular Surgery at Children's Hospital (affiliated to Harvard Medical School )
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure
- Balloon Angioplasty
- Closure of defects like ASD VSD
- Congenital Heart Disorder CHD
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Treatment
- CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)
- Heart Bypass - Minimally Invasive CABG
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Heart Double Valve Replacement
- Heart Transplant
- Heart Valve Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Heart Bypass (CABG)
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- PDA Device Closure
- PDA Ligation
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Double Chamber
- PTMC - Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy
- TAPVC Repair Arterial Switch
Consultant , MBBS, MS, DNB, MCh, Fellowship
13 years of experience
Director , MCh, MS, MBBS
21 years of experience
Director , MBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
20 years of experience
New Delhi, India