- Dr. Vivek Vij is currently associated as Director with the Department of Organs Transplantation – Liver Transplant at Fortis Hospital, Noida.
- He has performed more than 510 liver transplants with minimum complications and 2050 liver transplants with cumulative experience with his team.
- Dr. Vivek Vij is a revolutionary liver transplant surgeon credited with developing living donor surgery and standardizing safety protocols to achieve a 100% donor safety profile since the time of its inception in the country.
- A first surgeon from the Indian subcontinent to publish a series of laparoscopic Donor Hepatectomy in ‘Liver Transplantation.
- The doctor is a founder of Liver transplantation and Hepatobiliary Sciences in Fortis group of Hospitals, starting a highly successful liver transplant program initially at its Noida center and then at Mohali.
- He has attained the Lowest Biliary Complication rate (<4%) in Living Donor Liver transplants (LDLT) worldwide.
- Dr. Vivek Vij has performed more than 510 non-transplant liver resections including radical cholecystectomies and segmental liver resections.
- His clinical interests are GI cancers, Pancreaticoduodenectomy, and biliary injuries.
- MBBS, B.J Medical college, Pune
Work Experience Of Dr.Vivek Vij
- Director, Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, 2011
- Liver Transplant, GI cancers, Pancreaticoduodenectomy and Biliary injuries
- Liver Transplant
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MS, FRCS, MD, FRCS
16 years of experience
HOD , Fellowship, MS, MBBS
21 years of experience
New Delhi, India
14 years of experience