Heart Bypass Surgery Cost in Medanta Hospital Gurgaon
The Medicity is a multi-specialty medical facility that was established by renowned cardiac surgeon Dr. Naresh Trehan. It contains 45 surgical rooms, and approximately 1250 patient beds, including 350 critical care beds. The 43-acre complex houses 20 different medical disciplines, such as gynecology, internal medicine, and ENT surgery. The hospital provides a wide range of services to patients from other countries, such as help with visas, airport pickup, and drop-off, a business center, translation services, alternatives for aftercare rehabilitation, and international cuisines.
Medanta The Medical City’s Heart Institute is an integrated healthcare facility with a team of highly skilled, experienced, and dedicated heart surgeons, cardiologists, and radiologists working together to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care.
What is a Heart Bypass Surgery?
- Coronary bypass surgery: Heart bypass surgery involves redirecting the flow of blood around a section of the blocked artery to maintain normal blood flow to the heart muscle. A graft from a healthy blood vessel is taken from the leg, arm, or chest and connected to make a bypassed pathway over the blocked artery in the heart.
- Purpose of bypass surgery: Adults most frequently undergo heart bypass surgery, also referred to as CABG. The goal is to lower the risk of death and heart attack. Additionally, it alleviates cardiac symptoms like shortness of breath and chest pain.
- The success rate of bypass surgery: Compared to other heart procedures, heart bypass surgery is typically safer. However, in complex instances, the likelihood of failure rises. Low mortality rates of 2 to 3% are expected. Currently, heart bypass surgery in India is performed safely and without significant complications in more than 95% of patients.
- Heart surgeons, cardiologists, and radiologists are on staff at the integrated healthcare facility at Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon. The cardiac surgery team, clinical cardiologists, and interventional cardiologists collaborate to ensure that the patient receives the best care possible in accordance with the highest standards. The doctors are skilled at using cutting-edge technologies like robotic heart surgery, hybrid operating rooms, and other minimally invasive procedures.
- Location: Medicity is located in Gurgaon, 18 kilometers from the Indira Gandhi International Airport, and has taxis, public transportation, and organized pick-up services.
Medanta Hospital, Renowned Cardiac Surgeons Include:
1. Dr. Naresh Trehan: MBBS, Diploma in Cardiology, Diplomate, American Board of Cardiology, Cardiologist, 51 years of experience overall.
- Founder and the Chairman of Medanta
- Padma Shree and the Padma Bhushan Award
- He was the President of the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)
- He has carried out more than 48,000 successful open-heart operations.
2. Dr. Anil Bhan: Chairman, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon, Cardiac Surgeon, Cardiothoracic Surgeon,41 Years Experience Overall (32 years as a specialist)
- Life Member, Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
- Member Delhi Chapter of CSI
- Member Cardiothoracic Surgical Network (USA)
- Life Member, Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- At the age of 18 months, he performed the world’s youngest bypass with coronary aneurysm repair.
- In the year 2000, India performed the first extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- In India, a harmonic scalpel was used for the first time to harvest radial/internal mammary artery conduits in 1995.
3. Dr. Vijay Kohli: Vice-chairman, MCh – Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, MS – General Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgeon with 41 Years of Experience (30 years as a specialist)
- International Society of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- American Association of Thoracic Surgeons
- American Heart Association
- Asian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Cardiological Society of India
- IACTS (Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons)
- Vascular Society of India
- EP Society of India
Medanta Hospital’s CABG Cost:
The heart bypass surgery cost in Medanta Hospital starts from USD 4000. However, the price may differ depending on the specific circumstances, such as,
- The case’s intricacy
- Any Additional Laboratory or Examination Tests, including an X-ray, an ECG, etc.
- Admission Fee
- Linked with further health issues
- Immuno-deficiency diseases
- Surgeon Fee.
What Are The Benefits of Bypass Surgery?
- Reduced symptoms of CHD
- Increased heart’s capacity to pump
- Decreased danger of cardiac attack
- Less cognitive impairment and memory loss
- Reduced risk of heart damage
- You can start living an active lifestyle again.
What are the Risks of Bypass Surgery?
- Kidney failure
- Lung complications
Alternative to CABG That Does Not Involve Surgery
- Chelation therapy: This works by removing harmful metals and minerals from the body through a chemical process. It entails a bonding process with minerals and heavy metals such as lead, arsenic, cadmium, copper, and iron. To chelate with the heavy metals and facilitate the body’s detoxification, a chemical known as EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) is utilized. EDTA is a water-soluble amino acid. This supports the management of coronary artery disease.
- Balloon angioplasty: This treatment involves passing a tube through the blocked artery, then inflating a tiny balloon to widen the artery. A metal stent is then left in place to maintain the artery dilated after the tube and balloon have been taken out. Read More
- Medicines: When treating coronary heart disease, a variety of medications may be used, including, antiplatelets (to aid in preventing blood clotting and lowering your risk of issues like heart attacks), statins can lower high cholesterol, while beta-blockers and nitrates can treat high blood pressure and avoid angina. These medications can lessen the chance of coronary heart disease worsening and assist in controlling some of the symptoms.