Brief About Dr. K.K Talwar
Dr. K.K. Talwar is currently connected with Max Super Specialty Hospital in Saket as Chairman – Of cardiology and he is also considered among the top 10 cardiologists in India.
In the year 2000, he was the first person in India to introduce CRT therapy. In 1995, India and also the South Asian region were the first to implant and launch implantable cardioverter and defibrillator (ICD) therapy.
Awards and Honors
- Dr. Talwar has been awarded Padma Bhushan in 2006, India’s Highest Civilian Award.
- He also has received numerous awards from the ICMR and other national societies for contributions to cardiology.
- Dr. K.K Talwar has been Featured in the LIMCA Book of World Records in 1997 for introducing ICD therapy in India & the South Asian region.
Also, Read- Healthy Heart Tips
Also, Check out the FAQ’s video on Heart Bypass Surgery
- MBBS, Punjab University, Patiala
- MD, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- DM, PGIMER, Chandigarh
Work Experience Of Dr. K.K.Talwar
- Chairman, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
- Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Implantable Cardioverter & Defibrillator (ICD) Therapy,
- Radiofrequency Ablation,
- Cardiac Arrhythmia,
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy,
- Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Biventricular Pacing
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Single Chamber
- PTCA-Percutaneous Transluminal
- PTMC - Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy
- Radiofrequency Ablation
15 years of experience