Dr. Krishna S Iyer is one of India’s most renowned paediatric cardiac surgeons. He is well-known in India and other underdeveloped countries for his clinical competence and extensive involvement in cardiac care for youngsters.
In 1995, at Fortis-Escorts Heart Institute in Northern India, Dr. Iyer established the first dedicated paediatric cardiac care programme in the country.
He has conducted over 10,000 juvenile cardiac surgeries for congenital heart problems, including arterial switch procedures, double switch operations, TAPVC repairs, Fontan and Fontan type treatments, tetralogy of Fallot corrections, DORV, Truncus corrections, and more.
Dr. Iyer earned his MBBS, MS (General Surgery), and Mch (Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery) degrees from New Delhi’s prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
He was honoured to be accepted to join the American Association of Thoracic Surgeons as an international member.
Dr. Iyer specialises in the surgical treatment of various types of congenital heart disease in children and adults, as well as complex transpositions, late-presenting CHD, pulmonary hypertension, and difficult neonatal surgery.
Member of Associations
- Active Member of Steering Committee of the World Congress of Paediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
- World Society of Congenital Heart Surgery
- The Asian Society of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons
Also, Do watch out a video – Heart Bypass Surgery FAQ | Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting | CABG
MBBS, All India Institute of Medical Sciences,New Delhi
MS, AIIMS ,New Delhi
MCh, AIIMS, New Delhi
Work Experience Of Dr. Krishna S Iyer
Associate Professor, AIIMS
Senior Consultant, AIIMS
Awarded Institute Gold Medal for Best Graduate of the year at the MBBS examination in Dec.1977. Secured following awards in All India Institute of Medical Sciences between 1973 and 1977 : - Institute Merit Awards for securing highest grades in the following subjects: * Anatomy * Physiology * Biochemistry * Forensic Medicine*General Surgery* Obstetrics & Gynaecology- Sardari Lal Kalra Gold Medal for proficiency in Microbiology in May 1976.- Institute Merit Scholarship.- Sorel Catherine Frieman Prize for proficiency in Pediatrics in Dec.1977. Pfizer Postgraduate Medical award, Gold Medal and Scroll of Honour Hira Lal Gold Medal for being the best postgraduate in General Surgery Awarded the Distinguished Service Award for outstanding contribution in the field of Clinical & Preventive Cardiology in the world by World Congress
- Paediatric Cardiologist
- Complex neonatal cardiac surgery
- Cardiac surgery in malnourished infants and children
- Congenital heart disease
- Cost effective cardiac care
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Closure of defects like ASD VSD
- Congenital Heart Disorder CHD
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty
- CRT- D Implant (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy)
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Heart Implants
- Heart Valve Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Heart Bypass (CABG)
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Nuclear Stress Test
- PDA Device Closure
- Permanent Pacemaker Implant
- PTMC - Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy
- TAPVC - Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
- VSD Closure (Adult) Surgery
Director , MCh, MS, MBBS
21 years of experience
Director , MBBS, MD, DM
31 years of experience