Brief About Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Dr. Rajendra Prasad has more than 37 years of experience as a spine surgeon. Over 3100 major brain and spine surgeries, including over 390 spinal instrumentations, have been performed by him. He was also a driving force behind the implementation of cervical and lumbar radiofrequency rhizotomies at his present institution, performing over a hundred of them in less than three years. Furthermore, Dr. Prasad was a finalist in the BMJ Awards for South Asia 2015 and the winner of the BMJ Awards for the First Time in 2014. Registrar in Neurosurgery at Nottingham University Hospital and the National Hospital for Nervous Diseases in London. Moreover, as a Senior Registrar at Frenchay Hospital in Bristol, UK, he received his training.
Between 1979 and 1987, he worked in teaching hospitals such as Cork Regional Hospital in Cork and the National Hospital for Nervous Disease in London. He is the Chairman and Founder of Primary Trauma Care Centre UK (Delhi chapter). He is the Honorary Medical Director of the Indian Head Injury Foundation as well as an MRCS Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. Dr. Rajendra is an AO Spine Asia Pacific delegate. In 1979, he received his MBBS from Ranchi University and then went on to do his FRCS in Glasgow and the United Kingdom. He was awarded an Intercollegiate Specialty Board Fellowship in Neurosurgery (UK). He completed his Spine Fellowship at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Stanmore in London.
Member of Associations
- Congress Of Neurological Surgeons(CNS), UK
- The Past President and Founder Member of Delhi Spine Society
- Member of Associations Of Spine Surgeons Of India
- Neurological Society Of India
- Neuro Trauma Society Of India.
Also, Check out the Testimonial Video of Sudan Patient
- Fellowship, 1996, Royal National Orthopedic Hospital, London
- FRCS, 1995, Intercollegiate Specialty Board in Neurosurgery (U.K.)
- MBBS, 1979, Ranchi University
Work Experience Of Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Registrar, National Hospital for Nervous Diseases, London
1. First BMJ Awards 2014(Rewarding excellence in Indian Healthcare): Robotic Spine Surgery Team—in the category of Surgical Team Of The Year
2. Finalist of BMJ Awards for South Asia 2015,recognising excellence in South Asian Healthcare representing Indian Head Injury Foundation in the category of Healthcare Advocacy.
- Minimal invasive spine surgery,
- Microdiscectomy for cervical and lumbar discs
- Spinal instrumentation for spinal injuries,
- Lumbar & Cervical Canal Stenosis.
- Radio frequency Rhizotomy,
- Acute head and spine injuries,
- Microsurgery and Stereotactic surgery,
- Alzheimer's disease treatment
- Blood Clot Brain Surgery
- Brain Haemorrhage Treatment
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Cerebral Angioplasty
- Craniotomy Surgery
- CyberKnife Treatment
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Endovascular Coiling
- Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor
- Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Pineal Region Tumors Treatment
- Pituitary Tumor Treatment
Consultant , MBBS, MCh, DNB
11 years of experience
Chennai , India