- Dr. Senthil is an eminent Surgical Oncologist practicing successfully for many years.
- Dr. Kumar is adept in treating various malignancies including breast cancers, gynecological cancers, gastrointestinal cancers, head and neck cancers, soft tissue cancers, urological cancers, and thoracic cancers.
- Dr. Senthil Kumar’s area of specialization covers Breast Cancer, Gynaecological Cancer, and Gastrointestinal Cancer.
- Dr. Kumar is proficient in performing breast conservation surgery for breast cancer, local flap reconstruction procedures of the breast and Oncoplastic procedures of the breast.
- Besides, Dr. Kumar does sentinel lymph node biopsies routinely for all early breast cancers which help the patient to carry on with the normal activities of arms right from the first day of surgery.
- Dr. Kumar has acquired special skills in performing Cytoreductive surgeries for ovarian cancer and Endometrium, laparoscopic gynecological oncologic procedures, fertility-preserving cancer surgeries as and when possible and recurrent ovary cancers, where surgeries are extensive and requires multi-organ resection.
- Dr. Senthil also performs Peritonectomy and HIPEC treatment routinely for cancers that have spread to the peritoneum. This is a rare feat achieved by him.
- Dr. Kumar as a Surgical Oncologist carries out gastrointestinal (GI) cancer surgeries such as the esophagus, pancreas, stomach, colon, and rectum.
- Dr. Senthil has got expertise in performing Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgeries and Sphincter preserving Rectal Cancer procedures.
- Dr. Senthil also offers treatment for advanced GI cancers using the latest chemo and radiotherapy facilities.
- As a Surgical Oncologist, Dr. Senthil Kumar routinely does surgeries like HIPEC, total Exenteration of Pelvis, Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissections (RPLND), Esophagectomies, Whipple’s procedure, composite resections of oral cavity cancer, etc.
- He is identified with the voice of tobacco victims (VOTV), a social welfare organization that works for spreading awareness and prevention about cancer.
- Dr. Kumar received a gold medal in General Surgery and distinction in many subjects.
- He has participated in workshops and conferences and made Oral and Poster presentations in International Conferences.
- Dr. Kumar is a member of several prestigious associations. These are the Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), European society of surgical oncologist, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO), Association of Breast Surgeons of India, Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI), Association of Gynecologic Oncologists of India (AGOI).
- Dr. Senthil takes a keen interest in research and has many advertisements to his credit in national and international journals.
- He has also devoted chapters on pancreatic cancer resections in books.
- MBBS, 2006, Tuticorin Medical College
- MS, 2010, General surgery, Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore
- MCh, 2015, Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH)
- Fellowship, Minimal Access Surgery
Work Experience Of Dr. Senthil Kumar
- Consultant, Surgical Oncologist, Cancer Institute Adyar, Chennai
- Senior President, Department of Surgical Oncology,, JIPMER, Pondicherry, 2012
- Senior Resident, Department of surgical oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 2015
- Surgical Oncologist, Department of Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, 2016
- Consultant, MIOT International, Chennai
- Recipient of Gold Medal gold medal in General Surgery
- Distinction in many subjects
- Breast Conservation Surgery
- Local Flap Reconstruction Procedures of Breast
- Oncoplastic Procedures of Breast
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsies
- Cytoreductive Surgeries for Ovarian Cancer and Endometrium
- Laparoscopic Gynaecological Oncologic procedures
- Fertility preserving Cancer surgeries
- Recurrent Ovary Cancer Surgeries
- HIPEC treatment
- Gastrointestinal (GI) cancer surgeries such as esophagus, pancreas, stomach, colon, and rectum
- Minimally Invasive Colorectal Surgeries
- Sphincter preserving Rectal Cancer procedure
- Advanced GI Cancers using latest Chemo and Radiotherapy facilities
- Total Exenteration of Pelvis
- Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissections (RPLND)
- Whipple’s procedure
- Composite Resections of Oral Cavity Cancer
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Aortic Valve Repair
- Aortic Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve
- Aortic Valve replacement - Tissue Valve
- Balloon Valvuloplasty - Aortic
- Biventricular Pacing
- Complex congenital heart surgeriesg
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Treatment
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Device Closure- ASD VSD
- ECMO Support
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Mitral Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve
- Mitral Valve replacement - Tissue Valve
- Neonatal and Infant cardiac surgeries
- PDA Device Closure
- PDA Ligation
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Single Chamber
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Single Ventricle Defects Surgery
- TAPVC - Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
Consultant , MBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
17 years of experience