Brief About Dr. Y K Mishra
Dr. Y K Mishra is one of India’s most well-known and skilled cardiac surgeons and considered among the top 10 cardiologists in India. He has over 34 years of expertise, is well-known, and has successfully done over 14,800 open heart surgery and over 510 robotic surgeries. Dr. Mishra’s clinical work is supplemented by his interest in training, teaching, and research, and he has been invited as a guest lecturer from all over the world.
In addition, the doctor has chaired scientific sessions at national and international conferences in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Italy, Japan, France, and the Far East. At his workshops in Thailand, Bangladesh, and Nepal, Dr. Mishra presented live cases. Dr. Mishra has conducted live cases at his workshops held in Thailand, Bangladesh, and Nepal. Dr. Mishra earned his master’s degree in surgery and his bachelor’s degree in medicine from the reputed S. S Medical College in Rewa (MP). After that, he earned his Ph.D. in Cardiovascular Surgery from Moscow’s Bakulev Institute of Cardiovascular Surgery. The physician finished his cardiovascular surgery fellowship at the Thoracic Centre, University Hospital Uppsala in Sweden.
He has completed training in the following areas:
- The doctor has completed his fellowship in Cardiovascular Surgery from Thoracic Centre, University Hospital Uppsala, Sweden.
- Furthoremore he has also done training in: Robotic Cardiac Surgery from Odessa, Texas, USA, University Hospital Utrecht, Netherland, Ohio State University Columbus Medical Centre, USA.
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery from Odessa Texas, USA.
- A specific course on endoscopic IMA harvesting from the University of Strasbourg’s Institute of Tele Surgery.
- Minimally Access Valve Surgery ( Heart Post Surgery or Keyhole surgery ) from Heart Port Research & Training Centre in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- He is also the fourth Asian and the second Indian to receive this honour.
Awards and Honors
- Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam presented him with the Lifetime Achievement Award, as well as an Honoris Causa Doctorate (Doctor of Science) from the Governor of Madhya Pradesh and the Chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya.
- Dr. Mishra is also an associate of the Payasuni Heart Valve Foundation, which focuses on rheumatic heart disease prevention and treatment.
Member of Associations
- Association Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgeons of India.
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery’s Board of Directors
- Founder Member of the Indian College of Cardiology.
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Aortic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Heart coronary artery bypass
Also, Read- Healthy Heart Tips
Also, Check out the FAQ’s video on Heart Bypass Surgery
- MBBS, S S Medical College, Rewa
- MD, S S Medical College, Rewa
- Fellowship, Thoracic Centre,University Hospital Uppsala, Sweden
- Fellowship, University Hospital Upsala ,Sweden
Work Experience Of Dr. Y K Mishra
- Rashtriya Ratan Award by International Study Circle in 2005
- • He was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by World Congress on Clinical and Preventive Cardiology (WCCPC) conferred by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam in 2006.
- • Honoris Causa Doctorate (Doctor of Science) conferred by Governor of Madhya Pradesh and Chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya
- Cardio thoracic & cardiovascular Surgery
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery,
- Robotic surgery,
- Beating heart coronary artery bypass,
- Aortic surgery,
- Redo cardiac surgery
- Aortic Dissection Repair Surgery
- Aortofemoral Bypass Surgery
- ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) Closure
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- CARDIAC SURGERY - ADULTS
- Cardiac Tumour Treatment
- Minimal access surgeries for valves
- Off Pump beating CABG LV restoration
- PTE - Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy
- Ross Procedure
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Treatment
- Valve Repair Replacement
Consultant , Post Graduation, Graduation
21 years of experience
Istanbul , Turkey
Consultant , MBBS
10 years of experience
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Consultant , Graduation, Post Graduation
16 years of experience