Brief about Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi
The Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre (RGCIRC) was established in 1996 and is one of Asia’s largest cancer treatment centres. It has consistently been ranked among India’s Best Oncology Hospitals (Week – Nielsen Survey 2014, 2015, 2016) and has received numerous awards, including Best Oncology Hospital in India (2014), Healthcare Leader Award (2014), and India’s Most Trusted Cancer Hospital (2014). (2016).
Furthermore, this NABH-accredited hospital has a NABH-accredited Blood Bank, a NABL-accredited laboratory, a NABH Certificate for Nursing Excellence and a NABH Green Occupational Therapy Certification. The Indraprastha Cancer Society and Research Centre is behind it. It also began as a 152-bed hospital and has since grown to 302-beds. Every year, the institute diagnoses and treats approximately 60,300 patients.
In 2013, this ISO:9001 and ISO:14001 certified institute launched the ‘Nanoknife’ service, which offers electrical technology as a service. The institute established a new cancer centre in NitiBagh in 2016. It also has the first dedicated paediatric cancer care unit in North India, dedicated to the treatment of teenagers and children with blood disorders and cancer.
Read More – Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in India
Team And Specialities
- There are more than 100 consultants, 150 resident doctors, 500 nurses, and 150 paramedical technicians at the Institute.
- It provides highly specialized tertiary care in the fields of surgery, medicine, and radiation oncology.
- It's one of the few places in the world that offers cutting-edge diagnostics, minimally invasive surgery, targeted treatment, chemotherapies, radiotherapy, and prevention.
- The center offers the best techniques such as Intra-Operative Brachytherapy, whole-body robotic surgery, True Beam, Frequency Ultrasound, PET – MRI fusion, High Tomosynthesis, and Nucleic Acid Testing.
- Circulating Tumor Cell testing, PET CT, and Next Generation Sequencing are some of the advanced diagnostic and imaging techniques available.
- Spanned in an area of 200,000 square feet area, this medical center has 57 consultation rooms spread on three floors, 8 state-of-the-art modular Operation Theatres and 2 minor operation theatres for day care surgeries.
- OTs has three stage air filtration and gas scavenging systems.
- The medical ICU has 11 beds and surgical ICU has 27 beds.
- The center has Thyroid Ward, Leukemia Ward, Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, and MUD Transplant Unit.
- The hospital provides ambulance service and has two ATM machines, cafeteria, international help desk, prayer room, luggage room, a playroom for pediatric patients, pharmacy and devotional music is played.
- The centre provides variety of inpatient accommodations, including Deluxe Suite, Deluxe Room, Private Room, Semi-Private Room, 4-bedded room and general ward.
- Distance: 30 kms
- Time: 58 minutes
- Distance: 450 meters
- Time: 3 minutes
Sir Chotu Ram Marg, Sector – 5, Rohini Institutional Area, Rohini
New Delhi Delhi 110085
COMFORT DURING STAY
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Religious facilities
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Health insurance coordination
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Diet on Request
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
Scheme-L11, P-4&5, Gariahat Road Kolkata 700029 India
Established in : 1996
Number of Beds : 400
81 Irwon-Ro Gangnam-gu Seoul Seoul 06351 South Korea
Established in : 1994
Number of Beds : 1979
Dr M H Mariagowda Road, Near Bangalore Dairy, Bangalore Karnataka 560029 India
Established in : 1973
Number of Beds : 430