Endovascular Aneurysm Repair Cost in India
EVAR (endovascular aneurysm repair) is a significant advancement in the treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA). EVAR involves placing folded and compressed graft components within a delivery sheath via the lumen of an access channel, commonly the common femoral artery. The endograft swells when it is deployed, contacting the aortic wall proximally and the iliac arteries distally to seal off the aortic aneurysm sac from aortic blood flow and pressure.
EVAR is associated with a considerable reduction in perioperative mortality when compared to open AAA repair, owing to the fact that it does not need operational exposure of the aorta or aortic clamping.
Endovascular aneurysm repair cost in India is more affordable than in countries like the US, Russia, and the UK. Patients seeking endovascular aneurysm repair in India have access to the greatest facilities, which provide reasonable healthcare packages, premium medical tools, and the assurance of first-rate medical personnel.
What Is an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm?
An abdominal aortic aneurysm is a potentially fatal weakening of the aorta’s wall. The aorta is the human body’s biggest artery, carrying oxygen-rich blood from the heart to other areas of the body like the abdomen, pelvis, and legs. When the aorta weakens, it bulges like a balloon, making the artery thin and vulnerable.
An aneurysm is a medical term for swelling of the aorta. With the increasing growth of the aorta in the belly, there is a risk of rupture. It could cause serious internal bleeding, which could result in shock and death. The weakening segment of the aorta in the belly is repaired by a cardiac treatment.
AAA repair is available at any of the country’s main cardiology and general surgery hospitals. In addition, there are a number of multi-specialty hospitals that offer affordable abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysm repair surgery.
Read More – Thoracic Surgery: Everything You Need To Know
Aortic aneurysms are caused by a variety of conditions that might damage the walls of your aorta, including:
- High blood pressure
- Certain infections (such as untreated syphilis)
- Certain genetic conditions (such as Marfan syndrome)
- High blood pressure
What is Endovascular Grafting?
The procedure of endovascular grafting is minimally invasive and can be used to treat aortic aneurysms. Your surgeon may suggest an endovascular aneurysm repair instead of an open aneurysm repair, which involves surgically opening your chest and abdomen (EVAR). Depending on the type of repair being addressed, your doctor may refer to the procedure as a thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair (TEVAR) or a fenestrated endovascular aneurysm repair (FEVAR) in addition to EVAR.
Endovascular surgery uses tiny, long tubes called catheters to install a stent covered by a fabric liner to fortify the weak regions inside your aorta. If your aneurysm has not ruptured and is 5 cm or larger, you may be eligible for endovascular stent grafting.
Endovascular Aneurysm Repair Cost in India
Endovascular Aneurysm Repair Cost in India starts from INR 8,33,178 (10,000 USD). Also, the entire endovascular aneurysm repair cost in India can also depend on a number of criteria. India has some of the best hospitals and medical experts the prices for treatment are affordable when compared with well-known nations such as the U.S., Russia, etc. This is the primary reason that thousands of people choose India over other countries for their medical care, even after accounting for the costs of hotel, food, and transportation.
Symptoms of an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
In the majority of cases, an abdominal aortic aneurysm causes no symptoms. This is why a number of abdominal aortic aneurysms are detected during a CT scan or ultrasound performed for another cause.
The following symptoms may be experienced by other patients with an abdominal aorta aneurysm:
- Having a pulsing sensation in the belly
- Pain in the lower back, chest, stomach, or groin region
- Sharp, stabbing pain in the back or abdomen (It is usually an indication that the aneurysm may rupture in the near future or it may have ruptured)
- Aneurysm rupture can cause severe dizziness, rapid heartbeat, weakness, or even loss of consciousness. A ruptured aneurysm necessitates prompt medical treatment.
How Procedure is Performed?
The operation will take about 2 to 3 hours in total. You will be in the hospital for one to two days. It will take roughly a month for you to fully recover.
Pre-operation testing may be required a few days before the procedure to ensure that the surgery is safe for you. Certain drugs may need to be stopped prior to the operation. To assist you to prepare for the treatment, your healthcare team will offer you precise advice.
- You will be given a sedative and local anesthetic, or you will be given general anesthesia (be put to sleep). Small incisions will be made in your groin and the surgery will be performed through those openings. Catheters are placed through the incisions to guide and deliver a stent graft to the aneurysm through the blood arteries. An endovascular stent graft is a fabric tube that reinforces the weak region in the aorta and is supported by metal wire stents (also known as a scaffold).
- The surgeon inserts the graft in the aneurysm location using X-ray guidance. Instead of stitches, the graft is opened up inside the aorta and secured in place with metal hooks and stents (stitches).
- The graft lets blood circulate through it without pulling on the aortic aneurysm by firmly sealing the area with your artery above and below the aneurysm.
After the Procedure:
- After the procedure, your surgeon will give you precise recommendations to follow until your wound is fully healed.
- Endovascular aneurysm operation recovery time will be about 4 weeks after surgery.
Following the procedure, you may be subject to the following restrictions after an endovascular aneurysm repair in India:
- DO NOT DRIVE until your doctor says you can (typically 1–2 weeks after the procedure and after you have finished taking pain medication).
- Until the incisions have healed, DO NOT take a bath. 2 days following the procedure, showers and sponge washes near the incision are fine.
- For the first 4 to 6 weeks after the treatment, do not lift more than 10 pounds.
Your doctor will go over the procedure’s outcomes with you. Endovascular grafting has a high success rate. The stent-graft will require follow-up appointments, but most patients return to their usual lives after the treatment. Patients with aneurysms should, in general, maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet and regular exercise. Aneurysms raise your chance of heart disease and atherosclerosis, so you should have a comprehensive evaluation along with aneurysm surgery to assess your risk of these other diseases.
If you have any concerns, contact your healthcare practitioner straight away:
- Bleeding that will not stop from the incision site
- Pain at the site of the incision gets worse
- Warmth or redness at the location of the incision
- A change in your leg’s color
- Chest or abdominal pain
Keep all of your follow-up appointments. After the procedure, you may require regular imaging examinations to monitor your aneurysm. This is to ensure that the stent remains in place. The bulge in your aorta should start to diminish over time.
Endovascular Aneurysm Repair Cost in India
The price of Endovascular Aneurysm Repair in India starts from USD 10,000. Also, the entire endovascular aneurysm repair cost in India can also depend on a number of criteria.
Factors That Determine The Cost Of Treatment
- The treatment for endovascular aneurysm repair is available in many reputed hospitals in India. The hospital selection of the patient may vary the total expenses of the patients.
- The room selection – either standard, deluxe, or super deluxe will also determine the total expense for treatment.
- The type of treatment suggested by the doctor will also define the cost of the overall treatment.
- The Fees for the team of doctors at the hospital for their tireless services.
- The cost of Medicines.
- The standard test for diagnosis and other diagnostic procedures.
- The cost of follow-ups that will be required after the complete procedure.
Medsurge India offers the best Endovascular aneurysm repair Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
Why Do Individuals Prefer to Have Endovascular Aneurysm Repair in India
The country has some of the best medical care facilities and services in Asia, making medical tourism in India very popular. The best endovascular aneurysm repair hospitals in India provide all types of cancer-related surgeries using advanced technology. Also, the endovascular aneurysm repair cost in India is much more affordable as compared to other states or nations around the world. An international patient can expect to pay 50-60% less for a total endovascular aneurysm repair cost in India.
Hospitals that treat endovascular aneurysm repair in India provide comprehensive appropriate treatment, including comprehensive pre-operative evaluations, minimally invasive surgical options, and post-operative rehabilitation programs. Patients can expect personalized treatment, individualized attention, and compassionate care at these medical facilities. The hospitals are accredited by top international organizations such as the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) or the Joint Commission International (JCI).
How Can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Are the Main Complications of an Aortic Aneurysm?
A: Main complications are:
- Ruptured aortic aneurysms are the main complications of abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- It can be a life-threatening condition.
- Risk of blood clots. Small blood clots can develop in the area of the aortic aneurysm.
Q: Is Everyone with an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (Aaa) Advised Surgery?
A: No. Surgical repair of an AAA is usually not advised until you develop an AAA larger than 5.5 cm or which is at risk of rupture.
Q: Do I Need to Carry a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate When I Travel to India?
A: Yes, you need to carry valid yellow fever if you are traveling from Africa, South America, or other areas where yellow fever is found. Also, all travelers from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Somalia, and Israel must carry an Oral Polio Vaccination (OPV) Certificate which must be taken no earlier than 6 weeks before entry. This rule applies to both adults and children.
Q: Who Is at Risk for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm?
A: Men over 65 are at high risk for abdominal aortic aneurysms. Men over 55 and women over 65 with a family history of AAA and/or history of smoking are also at high risk for AAA. Hypertension, Coronary artery disease, high cholesterol, and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) can also cause an aortic aneurysm.
Q: How Long Does It Take to Recuperate from Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Surgery?
A: AAA Repair might take anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks to recover from. However, if your aneurysm affects a wide area and is accompanied by other issues and disorders of the heart, lung, or kidney, recovery could take two to three months.
You May Looking for
Experience: 31 Years
Siriraj Piyamaharajkarun Hospital, Bangkok
Experience: 20 years of experience
Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore