Pluvicto Cost in India
PLUVICTO® (lutetium Lu 177 vipivotide tetraxetan) is approved to treat adult patients with PSMA-Positive Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC) who have previously been treated with androgen receptor (AR) pathway inhibition and taxane-based chemotherapy.
Pluvicto Drug in India is a radioactive medication that is injected into a vein. As the drug enters the body, it binds to malignant cells and directs radioactive material to locations where the cancer has spread (metastases). The FDA has currently approved this medicine for the Treatment of Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer.
What Is Pluvicto Treatment?
Pluvicto is a radiopharmaceutical (a drug with a trace of radioactivity) that contains the active ingredient lutetium (177Lu) vipivotide tetraxetan.
Pluvicto is a medication used to treat prostate cancer (a gland in the male reproductive system). It is used when cancer has spread to other parts of the body, is progressive, castration-resistant (worsens despite treatment to lower levels of the male sex hormone testosterone), and the cancer cells have a protein on their surface called prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) (PSMA-positive prostate cancer).
Pluvicto is used in combination with Androgen Deprivation Therapy in India (treatment to reduce male sex hormones) in people who have previously been treated with androgen receptor pathway inhibitors (prostate cancer drugs) and “Taxanes” (type cancer medicine). Pluvicto and androgen deprivation therapy may also include androgen receptor pathway inhibitors.
It is one of the types of precision Cancer Treatment in India that combines a targeted molecule (ligand) and a therapeutic radioisotope (a radioactive particle). Pluvicto binds to target cells when it enters into the bloodstream, including prostate cancer cells that produce PSMA, a transmembrane protein. Once attached, the radioisotope’s energy emissions damage the target cells and adjacent ones, interfering with their capacity to proliferate and/or inducing cell death.
Who Is the Right Candidate for Pluvicto Drug Treatment?
Once you fulfill the following mentioned criteria, you’re referring doctor will recommend this treatment to manage your metastatic prostate cancer:
- Ga68-PSMA uptake is high in PET/CT images.
- The tumor is inoperable (it cannot be treated surgically).
- Other usual treatments aren’t working for prostate cancer.
- PSMA (prostate-specific membrane antigen) positive
- Prostate cancer that has moved to other parts of the body
To undergo this treatment, you must have good bone marrow and kidney function, as well as overall mobility (able to perform self-care and not immobilized or in a wheelchair):
- If your treatment becomes deleterious to your kidneys or bone marrow, the doctor will reduce or postpone your treatment.
- If these side effects persist, treatment may need to be stopped.
- Notify your therapy team if you experience incontinence of the urine.
How Is Pluvicto Used?
- Pluvicto Drug Treatment in India is only employed in particularly restricted settings and must be administered to patients by medical professionals who are qualified and permitted to use radiopharmaceuticals.
- Before beginning treatment, the doctor will use positron emission tomography (PET) to ensure that the patient’s tumors have PSMA on their cell surfaces.
- Pluvicto is administered via injection or infusion (drip) into a vein once every 6 weeks for a total of six doses.
- Blood tests will be performed both before and during treatment in order to recognize certain side effects as soon as possible. The doctor may decide to delay, change, or discontinue Pluvicto medication in India based on the results of these tests and any adverse reactions that the patient may experience.
- See the package leaflet or contact your doctor or chemist for further information about Pluvicto, including precautions to limit radiation exposure to patients and those around them.
Pluvicto Cost in India Lu177 PSMA
Affordable Pluvicto cost in India starts from INR 39,19,000 (47,000 USD). Also, Prostate Cancer Treatment cost in India start from 5000 USD. This cost in India is significantly lower when compared to the Cost of Prostate Cancer Treatment in the United States.
Additionally, there are a number of variables that affect the cost of medical treatment in India, this includes the type of treatment, the method employed, as well as the hospital and location of choice, the doctor’s qualifications, and so on. For this reason alone, many people come from all over the world for medical care in India for a variety of reasons, such as the Pluvicto cost in India being much lower compared to other countries which is by far the most important.
Know More About – Nuclear Medicine Therapy
How Does Pluvicto Work?
This Targeted PSMA Treatment in India employs radiation to reduce prostate cancer cells. It contains medication that:
- Focuses the medicine on tumors, preventing it from damaging other parts of your body.
- Radiation is used to damage and eliminate cancer cells.
Before beginning treatment, you will have blood extracted and a PSMA-PET scan. The scan will reveal whether you have prostate cancer cells in your body. This scan, combined with your medical history and blood testing, will help your doctors determine whether Pluvicto is right for you.
- This complete treatment will last approximately 8 months.
- Six treatments, every six weeks: The medicine will be administered to you via infusion or IV every 6 weeks.
- Each treatment lasts around one hour.
Each treatment follows the same schedule. You will be:
- Taken to a private infusion room.
- You will be given an IV line in your arm.
- The medication is administered via your IV line. It takes 5-10 minutes to receive the medication.
- After the infusion, patients were monitored for 15-30 minutes.
- You will be given safety instructions before you leave.
Radiation Safety After Treatment
- During infusion: You will not be permitted to have family or friends present during your treatment. You will be returned to the Nuclear Medicine suite. The PSMA treatment will be given to you, and you will be sent home shortly after.
- For 3-7 days following each infusion: Stay away or separated at least three feet from people, particularly kids and pregnant women. You can have close interactions that last less than 5 minutes. Avoid participating in sexual activity for seven days, and to sleep in a separate bedroom from household contacts for three days.
- Limitations: Specific Precautions for your Pluvicto treatment in India may vary from patient to patient. Following your treatment, your doctor will speak over your individual safety precautions with you.
What Are the Risks Associated with Pluvicto Radioactive Drugs
Tiredness, dry mouth, nausea (feeling sick), anemia (low level of red blood cells), decreased appetite, and constipation are the most common Pluvicto side effects (which may affect more than one in ten people).
Anemia, thrombocytopenia (low levels of blood platelets), lymphopenia (low levels of lymphocytes, a kind of white blood cell), and fatigue are the most common significant side effects (which may occur up to one in every twenty persons).
Kidney toxicity (decreased kidney function) and myelosuppression (decreased bone marrow function) are the most serious potential side effects.
Pluvicto’s approval is a significant clinical achievement for individuals with advanced mCRPC, as it can considerably increase survival rates for those with few treatment options. Pluvicto is an important innovation in the field of precision medicine for prostate cancer.
Pluvicto is the first FDA-approved targeted radioligand therapy (RLT) that combines a targeting molecule (ligand) with a therapeutic radioisotope (a radioactive particle) for people eligible with mCRPC. Pluvicto is expected to be available to physicians and patients within the upcoming period of several weeks.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Is the Duration of the Pluvicto Treatment?
A: Pluvicto therapy is administered in six sequential infusions. The infusions are scheduled roughly 6 weeks apart. Each infusion will take place in MSK’s main hospital. You will get regular blood tests to monitor your health while your Pluvicto treatment.
Q: What Is the Best Prostate Cancer Medication?
A: Bicalutamide, often known as Casodex, is a cancer treatment medication. It is a prostate cancer treatment.
Q: Who Is a Pluvicto Candidate?
A: You may be eligible if you have prostate cancer that has gone beyond the prostate and has progressed despite prior treatments (including hormonal therapies and at least one chemotherapy).
Q: Is It Possible to Treat Prostate Cancer Permanently?
A: Although there is no cure for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), generally known as an enlarged prostate, there are several effective treatment options. Treatments target prostate development, which causes BPH symptoms. Once prostate development begins, it frequently continues until medical therapy is initiated.
Q: Who Developed Pluvicto?
A: Novartis AG (Basel, Switzerland) markets PluvictoTM. PSMA-617 was created by the German Cancer Research Centre and the University Hospital Heidelberg in Heidelberg, Germany.