Heart Bypass Surgery Cost in Delhi
Bypass surgery is the most common procedure performed by heart surgeons each year. It is also known as coronary artery bypass surgery. It aims to replace the coronary artery that has been injured or obstructed. The coronary artery’s main function is to deliver oxygenated blood to the heart. Due to a limitation in the blood flow to the organ, heart failure occurs when the heart is unable to beat normally. Bypass surgery aims to unblock blood vessels that have been blocked by plaque or blood clots, allowing blood to flow freely again to the heart. In order to clear a fresh path for the blood to travel, the surgeon joins the beginning and end of the obstruction with a healthy blood vessel from another area of the body. The amount of blood that reaches the heart is increased by this new channel, which opens up and lets blood pass through the blockage.
In order to provide a bypass or alternate route around the coronary artery blockage, the therapy requires taking a section of (an artery or vein) from another part of the body.
Cost of Heart Bypass Surgery in Delhi
The estimated cost of a heart bypass surgery in India is far lower than in other developed countries such as the United States, the United Nations, Africa, and America. The Heart Bypass Surgery Cost in Delhi starts from USD 5000.
A total of eight days are needed for the patient’s hospital stay, including one or two days in the intensive care unit and four to five days of observation. In addition, he or she would have to spend 15 to 20 days in India. Other several factors that may also influence the Heart Bypass Surgery Cost in Delhi include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Admission Fee
- Age of the Patient
- Overall Health of the Patient
- Any Additional Laboratory or Examination Tests, including an X-ray, an ECG, etc.
Which are the Best Cardiac Surgeons in Delhi?
1. Dr. Z S Meharwal: Director, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- A founding member of the medical staff at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute is Dr. Z. S. Meharwal.
- He has performed over 30000 surgeries, including complicated heart operations, over his more than 30 years of experience in cardiac surgery.
- He also successfully operates on a 94-year-old man during a coronary artery bypass surgery.
- The President Award was given to Dr. Meharawal for his work in the field of cardiovascular surgery.
- He made a great deal of contributions to the field of cardiac surgery and performed countless operations at Fortis Escorts. Read More
2. Dr. Ritwick Raj Bhuyan: Director – Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
- Over 20 years of experience working in high-volume cardiothoracic centres in Australia and India.
- He has participated in close to 30,000 open heart surgeries and has independently completed 12,000 complicated open heart surgeries.
- He is skilled in doing endoscopic, laparoscopic, robotic, and video-assisted thoracic operations, among other minimally invasive procedures.
- Dr. Ritwick is a member of multiple prestigious associations.
3. Dr. Raju Vyas: Director of Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery, Fortis Hospital
- He has undergone every type of surgical surgery available to adults, newborns, and congenital patients, such as beating heart bypass, on-pump CABG, valve replacement, redo CABG and redo valve replacement, etc.
- Member of the Cardiological Society of India (CSI)
- Dr. Vyas has also encountered thoracic and vascular surgical crises.
4. Dr. Vivek Kumar: Consultant- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
- One of the most well-known non-invasive cardiologists in New Delhi, India, is Dr. Vivek Kumar.
- His areas of expertise include Holter Monitoring, Coronary Angiography, and Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring.
- He is an active member of the Delhi Medical Council.
5. Dr. Ajay Kaul: Chairman of Cardiac Sciences and Heart Transplant Surgery, Fortis Hospital Delhi, India
- With over 20,000 cardiac procedures under his belt, Dr. Ajay Kaul is one of India’s top 10 cardiac surgeons.
- He is well known for being an expert in the treatment of structural heart disease, valve repairs, paediatric cardiac surgery, total arterial coronary bypass surgery, and surgery for cardiac failure.
- In addition, Dr. Ajay Kaul has performed more than 5000 minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedures, interventions for structural heart disease, placement of peripheral vascular and endovascular stents, transcatheter aortic valve replacement, transplants of transcatheter mitral valves, and left ventricular assist devices. Read More
6. Dr. Y K Mishra: Director, Manipal Hospitals Dwarka, Delhi
- He has over 32+ years of expertise, is well known, and has successfully completed over 14,000 open heart procedures as well as more than 500 robotic surgery.
- At workshops he’s presented in Thailand, Bangladesh, and Nepal, he’s handled real-life situations.
- Dr. Mishra has the unique distinction of serving on the International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery’s Board of Directors. He is the second Indian and fourth Asian to receive this honour.
- Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam presented him with a Lifetime Achievement Award, while the governor of Madhya Pradesh and the chancellor of Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya each awarded him an Honoris Causa Doctorate (Doctor of Science).
- He is a Fellow Member of the Association of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgeons of India and a Founding Member of the Indian College of Cardiology. In addition, he founded the Payasuni Heart Valve Foundation, which aims to prevent and treat rheumatic heart illnesses. Read More
7. Dr. Ramji Mehrotra: Principal Director & Chief, Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery, BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- Over 15,000 cardiovascular cases and 1000 pediatric procedures have already been performed by him.
- He is skilled in doing CABGs that require substantial assistance, including whole arterial, redo arterial, beating heart, and other procedures.
- Arterial switches, double switches, Senning, Mustard, Norwood BDG, Fontan, PDA, coarctation of the aorta ASD, VSD, AV canals Rastelli, RV-PA conduits, etc. are among the areas in which the specializes.
- Performed first successful arterial switch operation in Mumbai, India.
- Performed first total arterial revascularization and first total arterial revascularization using bilateral mammary arteries at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital. New Delhi.
Top Heart Bypass Surgery Hospitals in Delhi
- Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi
- Apollo Hospital, Delhi
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital,Delhi
- Max Hospital, Delhi
- Fortis Escorts Hospital New Delhi
Why is Delhi a Top Destination for Heart Bypass Surgery?
India is one of the most well-liked countries for medical tourism, and several of its cities are recognized as the world’s medical epicenters. The best hospitals in India for heart surgery are simple for patients to find. The amazing infrastructure in Delhi can meet the demands of this growing medical tourism sector. The city boasts top-notch medical facilities for visitors from across the world, including hospitals, hotels, and other lodging options. The city has unparalleled connectivity to the rest of the world.
Assecibility of Metro and Airport: Nearly every nation in the globe and every Indian city has frequent flights to Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport. In addition to this, New Delhi Metro Station is connected by several metros to both large and small places nationwide. Last but not least, Delhi features a first-rate highway system that makes it accessible from every point in the nation.
How can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.