- The Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Seoul was established in 1968 then known as Koryo Hospital, in Gyeonggyojang, a historical site in Seoul with a vision to improve public health through medical research and public health projects. Since then it has been progressively developing its research and technologies to maintain its vision.
- The Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Seoul is an multispeciality hospital specialising in 34 departments.
- The Samsung hospital is known for its focus on patient-centered treatment. In fact, it was awarded the Patient Satisfaction No.1 hospital in 1994 in a hospital survey by the press.
- The Kangbuk Samsung Hospital or KBSMC was selected by HIRAS (Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service) in 2012 as the best operational hospital for three kinds of cancer; namely, stomach cancer, colon cancer, and liver cancer. It had the lowest death rate of patients within a 30-day window after the operation.
- It is also top-rated in 11 areas of the Treatment Propriety Index, the best in the country, by the Ministry of Health & Welfare and HIRAS.
- In 2014, KBSMC was chosen as the best diabetes mellitus treatment Centre by the Medical Korea Awards and took 1st place in healthcare centre brand value in the Korea Brand Star for four consecutive years.
- In collaboration with Samsung Electronics in 2011, KBSMC has one of the most advanced IT technologies having equipped the medical teams with Samsung Galaxy Tabs and Galaxy Notes in order to communicate and understand patients so as to take a well informed and accurate decision for treatment of patients.
- KBSMC has created 5 Specialised centres to resolve, treat, and prevent medical diseases with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies. They are – Diabetes and Vascular Centre, Breast and Thyroid Cancer Centre, Gastrointestinal Cancer Centre, Total Health Care Centre, and Natural Birthing Centre.
- It is furnished with the MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), MDCT (Multi-Detector Computed Tomography) and PET-CT (Position Emission Tomography-Computerized Tomography).
- It is the only Korean hospital that has a contract with the John Hopkins University Hospital, USA, to establish a joint research project since 2009. Moreover, it also established agreements with Banting and Best Diabetes Centre in Canada on diabetes, and with Kuma Hospital in Japan on thyroid cancer.
- The Kangbuk Samsung Hospital extends its kindness by carrying out activities for local residents and in disaster-struck villages or where there are no doctors. It also conducts medical activities outside of Korea every year.
Team And Specialities
- KBSMC has created Specialised centres namely, Diabetes and Vascular Centre, Breast and Thyroid Cancer Centre, Gastrointestinal Cancer Centre, and Total Health Care Centre.
- It specialises in Oncology & Haemtology, Dentistry, Dermatology, Urology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Obstetrics, Paediatric, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Plastic Surgery, ENT, Nephrology, Mental Health, Internal Medicine, Occupational Environment Medicine, Rheumatology, and Rehabilitation.
- KBSMC is equipped with ultra-modern technologies and advanced medical facilities to serve and understand patients better to provide accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- The facilities are designed to provide the most patient-friendly and eco-friendly environment. The examination rooms are arranged along the borders allowing people to walk in circular motions and to minimize long, distant walks.
- In the health screening centre, two separate examination rooms are built for men and women respectively to ensure privacy and respect.
- Interiors are decorated with natural plants, streams, and rocks to exude a sense of calm, comfort, and relaxation.
- KBSMC is located in the heart of the city of Seoul, near the City Hall. It is surrounded by embassies, corporate headquarters, government offices, five-star luxury hotels, and many popular tourist sites like the Road of Emperor Gojong, Deoksugung, and Gwanghwamun Square to mention a few.
- The closest international airport is the Gimpo International Airport which is 53 minutes by train from the Hospital.
- It is connected by subway stations and buses.
- Many restaurants, cafes, and takeaways are nearby. Banks, ATMs, and 7/11 are also around the area.
Seoul Seoul 110-130
COMFORT DURING STAY
- TV in room
- Private rooms
- Free Wifi
- Phone in Room
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Family accommodation
- Welcome Package
- Safe in the room
- Nursery / Nanny services
- Dry cleaning
- Personal assistance / Concierge
- Religious facilities
- Fitness centre
- Spa and wellness
- Beauty salon
- Business centre services
- Dedicated smoking areas
- Special offer for group stays
- Parking available
- Diet on Request
- International Cuisine
- Medical records transfer
- Online doctor consultation
- Document legalisation
- Post operative followup
- Translation services
- Airport pickup
- Local tourism options
- Local transportation booking
- Visa / Travel office
- Car Hire
- Private driver / Limousine services
- Shopping trip organisation
- Air ambulance
W-3, Near Radisson Blu Hotel, Sector 1, Vaishali Ghaziabad Uttar Pradesh 201012 India
Established in : 1985
Number of Beds : 350
Rao Saheb, Achutrao Patwardhan Marg, Four Bungalows, Andheri West Mumbai Maharashtra 400053 India
Established in : 2006
Number of Beds : 1000
Koç University Hospital, Davutpaşa Caddesi Istanbul 34363 Turkey
Established in : 2014
Number of Beds : 420
A Block, Shaheed Udham Singh Marg, Poorbi Shalimar Bag, Shalimar Bagh New Delhi Delhi 110088 India
Established in : 2010
Number of Beds : 300
Multi Super Speciality