Chemotheraphy Cost in India
- Chemotherapy cost in India ranges from 600 USD – 1050 USD per cycle. The price is dependent upon chemotherapy medications, a period of cancer, and other aspects.
- Chemotherapy therapy is an outpatient therapy and lasts for a half-hour to 2 hours.
- Normally, a regular of 6 cycles of chemotherapy have been counseled, but it might change based upon the staging of this disease. Sometimes, it might require two cycles of chemotherapy based on the phase of cancer.
- You will find a set of evaluations, such as Blood Tests, X-rays, Physical Evaluation, HIV and Hepatitis evaluations, and evaluations to assess lungs, heart, pancreas, and liver, scans like PET Scan, etc.
Diagnosis for Chemotherapy
- Chemotherapy may be utilized as the main remedy for cancer. It kills cancer cells that might result in significant illness, breast cancer, blood cancer, lung cancer, etc.
- Adjuvant Therapy– Chemotherapy may be used after other therapies, such as surgery to kill any cancer cells which may remain in the body.
- Neo-Adjuvant Remedy – Chemotherapy may be given before surgery or radiation to shrink a tumor so that other therapies are possible.
- For Palliation- to relieve symptoms of cancer by killing a number of the cancer cells in incurable cases.
- Chemotherapy is often utilized to prepare for a bone marrow transplant.
- Immune System Disorders– Lower doses of chemotherapy medications may help control an overactive immune system. Eg: in lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
Watch Video – Chemotherapy FAQ
Chemotheraphy Cost in India
( Indian Rupees approx. 75,600 )
- Blood tests and tests are conducted to assess liver and kidney, and heart function to find out whether your body is able to begin chemotherapy.
- Fixing any present infections to decrease the possibility of complications through chemotherapy treatment, because some chemotherapy may diminish your body’s ability to resist infections.
- Your physician will advise that you to program for long-term side effects instance if your chemotherapy treatment will lead to infertility, you might want to think about your alternatives for preserving your eggs or sperm for future usage.
- Important to make arrangements in your office and home since it is provided in the outpatient clinic and you may carry on doing regular activities.
Chemotherapy drugs can be given in various ways:
- Chemotherapy infusions- a device is surgically inserted into intravenous chemotherapy- The catheter, port, or pump is surgically implanted into a large vein, usually on your chest. Chemotherapy drugs may be provided via the device.
- Chemotherapy pills
- Chemotherapy injections
- Chemotherapy lotions notably in cases of skin cancer
- Chemotherapy drugs can be given straight to an area of the human body. For example, intraperitoneal chemotherapy medications could be given right in the abdomen, in the chest cavity (intrapleural chemotherapy), etc.
You may have breaks between treatments so that your body has a chance to build new healthy cells.
After Effects of Chemotherapy
Following are some side-effects of chemotherapy drugs:
- Nausea, Vomiting
- Hair loss
- Loss of appetite
- Mouth sores
- Easy bruising
- Kidney problems
- Nerve damage
- Heart problems
A number of side effects can be avoided or treated. Most side effects subside after therapy ends.
Factors Affecting Chemotherapy Cost in India
Chemotherapy cost in India is dependent upon various factors such as:
- The hospital, the patient chooses
- The cost of chemotherapy depends on the drugs given, stage of cancer, number of cycles and administering type, etc.
- Fee for the team of specialists
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Cost of the follow–up care required after chemotherapy
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are there lots of side effects of Chemotherapy?
A: It is dependent upon the kind and volume of chemotherapy you receive and the way your body reacts. You might have a lot of unwanted effects, a few or none in any respect.
Q: What are the most common side effects of Chemotherapy?
A: Common side effects are nausea, fatigue, vomiting, baldness, and baldness.
Q: What is the average cost of chemotherapy in India’s cosmopolitan cities?
A: In massive towns of India, the cost is reduced. Like in Mumbai the Price of chemotherapy ranges from 650-1100 USD each cycle. The general treatment cost is dependent upon the medication, the number of travelers, cycles of chemotherapy proposed phase of cancer, and other aspects.
Q: Are the side-effects of Chemotherapy treatment permanent?
A: The majority of the after-effects are temporary and slowly go as healthy cells usually recover after chemotherapy however some long-term effects such as on fertility, heart, kidneys might be permanent.
Q: When can be the Chemotherapy schedule?
A: Chemotherapy can be given alone or along with other remedies. It might be given each week or each month. Your treatment program will be based on the cancer type, the chemotherapy drugs used, the treatment target, and the way your body reacts.
Q: What are the ways of administering Chemotherapy?
A: There are various methods for administering the medication illustration by mouth, at an injection, as a lotion or intravenously (by IV), etc., the health care provider may decide that is best suited for you.
Q: What is the advantage of Chemotherapy over surgery and Radiotherapy?
A: Surgery and radiation treatment eliminate, kill, or harm cancer cells in a particular place, however, chemotherapy may operate throughout the full body.
Q: How long is a round of Chemotherapy?
A. The duration of a cycle is dependent upon the treatment being given. Most cycles vary from 2 to 6 weeks.
Abu Hail Road, Behind Ministry of Environment and Water, Dubai United Arab Emirates
Established in : 1970
Number of Beds : 215