ENT Surgery Cost in India
ENT, or Ear, Nose, and Throat, is the field of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of conditions affecting the head and neck, specifically the ears, nose, and throat. ENT specialists in India are known as Otolaryngologists or ENT doctors.
Otolaryngology Surgery in India is done on the head or neck to treat disorders with the ears, nose, or throat. It is also known as (ear, nose, and throat) ENT surgery in India. Otolaryngologists are doctors who specialize in treating abnormalities or diseases of the ear, nose, and throat. All of these issues might require surgery in some circumstances.
The entire Cost of ENT Surgery in India is quite affordable as compared to other developed countries like the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and in many European countries.
What Do You Mean by the Term ‘ENT Surgery’?
Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) is a branch of medicine that deals with problems affecting the ears, nose, and throat. There are multiple diseases connected with these parts of the body, making it a broad field of research that includes many medical procedures. Some medical diseases require surgery to be treated, while others can be treated with medications. Doctors who specialize in this specialty are referred to as ENT Specialists in India.
They deal with the diagnosis, treatment, and management of ear, nose, throat, face, head, and neck disorders. This medical speciality includes various sub-specialties and treats disorders in both children and adults.
ENT Specialists in India generally treat the following conditions:
1. Nose –
- Sinusitis: Sinus inflammation causes nasal blockage, the development of thick nasal mucus, and facial pain. Infections of the sinuses and rhinosinusitis, including in children
- Polyps or nasal injuries.
- Nasal tumors and disorders influencing the sense of smell
- Blockage in Nasal Airway: When the flow of air into and out of the nose is blocked. It can affect either one or both nasal passageways. It can be caused by nasal tissue swelling or by an anatomical obstruction induced by nasal cavity narrowing.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation or swelling of the tonsils caused by viral or bacterial infections. Tonsil removal surgery in India is performed.
- Swollen Adenoids: Repeated throat infections can cause adenoids to swell, causing difficulties breathing and blocking the eustachian tubes .
- Problems with swallowing
- Blockage of the upper airway or breathing difficulties
- Persistent sleep apnea (difficulties breathing while sleeping)
- Auricular infections
- Eardrum Perforation: A rip or hole in the eardrum that can cause hearing loss. This may also raise the risk of middle ear infection or damage.
- Cholesteatoma Tinnitus is defined as a loss of external sound or ringing in the ears.
- Otosclerosis is a middle-ear disorder that causes hearing loss.
- Hearing loss as we age
- Otitis media with effusion: a pediatric condition in which the middle ear becomes clogged due to fluid collection.
- Dysfunction of the Eustachian tube
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Ears that protrude and other flaws
4. Head and neck
- Mouth, oral cavity, throat (pharynx and larynx), salivary glands, skull base, nose, and sinus cancers
- Thyroid disorders
- Laryngeal and pharyngeal ailments and conditions
Why Do Individuals Prefer ENT Surgery in India?
India is a well-known country around the world for providing outstanding ENT care and treatments at significantly lower costs than Western countries. Best Indian Hospitals provides a number of such advantageous ENT treatment packages for the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric and adult ear, nose, throat, head and neck ailments, both medically and surgically. Patients across the globe can enjoy multi-specialty care, qualified ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctors, personalized care from experienced assisting staff, and treatment at cutting-edge medical facilities. They offer packages for Cochlear Implant and BAHA procedures, Nasal Surgery and Sinus Endoscopy, Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery in India, Septoplasty and Stapedectomy in India, Treatment and diagnosis of snoring and sleep apnea syndrome, head and neck cancer surgery, and other advanced endoscopic surgeries, among other things.
How Is the Diagnosis of ENT Disorders in India Done?
During an initial appointment, an extensive medical history is taken, as well as a physical examination of the ears, nose, throat, head, and neck. Best ENT Doctors in India can easily visualize the ears, nose, and throat using various light-source equipment (for example, an otoscope for ear examinations). The severity of the disease or deformity might be revealed by visualizing these points. The head and neck area is evaluated, and the surgeon’s hands are often used to palpate the neck and throat area (palpation).
ENT surgeons can now see more deeply embedded anatomical features due to advancements in technology. Nasal endoscopy in India provides for the visualization of the upper airway in order to identify sinus anatomical challenges. The vocal cords can be visualized using videostroboscopy, and head and neck malignancies can be diagnosed and staged using triple endoscopy (laryngoscopy, esophagoscopy, and bronchoscopy). Preparation for surgery is fairly standardized, and involves a blood test and orders not to eat or drink after midnight the night before the procedure.
ENT Surgery Cost in India
Affordable ENT Surgery Cost in India starts from 11,500 USD. This amount includes the cost of the devices as well as hospital expenses and rehabilitation sessions required following the first surgical procedure. The total treatment cost plan depends upon the following factors:
- Cost of Initial Evaluation and Diagnosis
- Cost of the Surgery and Treatment
- Hospital stay for the number of days provided in the package in the corresponding room category
- Doctor’s consultation fees for the relevant specialization
- Nursing and Dietician’s fees
- Cost of applicable implant/prosthesis
- Routine tests and medications associated with the surgery or treatment.
Helpful – Best ENT Hospitals in India
What Are the Most Common Procedures Performed by an ENT Surgeon in India?
The following ENT Treatment in India are available:
- Cochlear Implant Surgery in India: Cochlear Implant involves the placement of a medical device to improve a person’s natural healing capabilities.
- Septoplasty in India: The goal is to rectify a defect or deviation in the nasal septum in order to clear the obstruction and allow proper breathing.
- Microlaryngoscopy in India: It involves inserting a laryngoscope, a short metal tube, into the larynx in the throat to evaluate the region of concern and perform a biopsy or surgery.
- Oesophagoscopy in India: It is a procedure in which a long metal or flexible tube is introduced through the mouth into the esophagus (food pipe) for a biopsy or surgery.
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in India: the procedure implies inserting a small telescope into the nasal passages. This is carried out to diagnose, treat, and restore the functioning of serious sinus disorders.
- Tympanomastoid Surgery in India: It entails reconstructing and removing cholesteatoma, or epithelial inclusions, from the middle ear.
- Tracheostomy in India: Neck and salivary gland tumors were removed via open surgery.
- Facial Plastic Surgery in India: It refers to cosmetic operations that improve a person’s aesthetic appeal. This comprises rhinoplasty (nose job), which is the rebuilding or adjustment of the form, function, and physical appearance of the nose, and pinnaplasty (ear correction). Reconstruction of face abnormalities or deformities may also be included. Certain types of procedures may require the participation of oral and maxillofacial surgeons.
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery in India: To identify and surgically treat thyroid and parathyroid disorders and cancers Paediatric ENT surgeries – This sub-specialty focuses on the treatment of ENT issues in children. This includes operations like cochlear implants and other hearing aids, as well as head and neck surgery and therapy for diseases like choanal atresia, which occurs when the rear of the nasal tube becomes blocked by bone or tissue.
How Is ENT Surgery Aftercare Carried Out in India?
The Aftercare Therapy for ENT Surgery in India is determined by the procedure used and the patient’s overall condition. Aftercare for a patient with head/neck cancer who is 60 years old is more substantial than for a young adolescent or toddler who has had a tonsillectomy.
In general, aftercare should focus on wound care and information acquired from the surgeon, specifically the estimated time of average convalescence. Wound care (cleaning, dressing changes, and so on) is essential as is postoperative follow-up with the ENT surgeon. Medications for pain relief may be prescribed. Patients are admitted to the hospital for eight to ten hours (for the effects of anesthesia to wear off) for same-day surgical operations (such as tonsillectomy), or for a few days for more severe treatments (such as malignancy).
For difficult treatments such as advanced cancer and temporal-bone (two bones on opposite sides of the head near the ear) surgery for nerve issues (that can affect balance) or tumors, aftercare and convalescence may take longer.
Know More – 7 Reasons Why You Should Visit An ENT Specialist
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Is the ENT Treatment?
A: Hearing and balance problems, swallowing and speech problems, breathing and sleep problems, allergies and sinus problems, head and neck malignancies, skin disorders, and even facial plastic surgery are just a few of the conditions treated by “ENT” (ear, nose, and throat) specialists.
Q: How Long Does an ENT Surgery Usually Take?
A: The treatment takes about 20-30 minutes on average, and most patients are discharged the same day. Your Otolaryngologist will place plastic or metal tubes in your eardrum to facilitate correct air circulation and avoid drainage and infections.
Q: What Are the Symptoms of ENT?
A: ENT Symptoms & Signs:
- Runny Nose.
- Sore Throat.
- Ear Pain.
- Hearing Loss.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Airway Issues/Difficulty Breathing/Mouth Breathing.
Q: What Causes an Ear, Nose, and Throat Infection?
A: Bacteria and viruses that cause ear, nose, and throat infections are frequently the same. However, depending on where the infection is located, the symptoms may vary: Ear infections can result in ear pain, wax or discharge, hearing loss, and balance issues.
Q: Is ENT Endoscopy a Painful Procedure?
A: Nasal endoscopy should not be painful, although you will most likely feel pressure during the process. The numbing spray may numb your mouth, throat, and nose, as well as have a bitter taste. The numbness should subside in about 30 minutes.