Brief About Dr. Mathew Jacob
Dr. Mathew Jacob is a board-certified Liver/Kidney/Pancreas Transplant Surgeon with more than 12 years of expertise in performing difficult surgeries to remove cancer from the gall bladder, liver, bile duct, and pancreas. Dr. Jacob received his medical degree from the Armed Forces Medical College in Pune, after which he spent several years in Europe obtaining further training and qualifications. He also holds a Certificate of Training Completion from the General Medical Council in the United Kingdom. Additionally, He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) and a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (MRCS).
He also holds a HESPERIS Fellowship from the European Society for Organ Transplantation. He is a liver transplantation expert who has performed cadaveric and living donor liver transplants. In addition to surgically treating tumors of the liver, gall bladder, liver, bile duct, and pancreas, he does advanced HPB operations. He is a laparoscopic surgeon, as well. Transplant epidemiology and prognostic modeling in liver transplantation are two of his clinical interests. Dr. Jacob has co-authored a number of research publications on difficult HPB and liver transplantation procedures. He has served as a medical advisor to the Karnataka Zonal Coordination Committee (ZCCK-The Organization empowered to coordinate the cadaveric transplantation activities and also educate the public on organ donation).
Member of Associations
- The British Transplant Society
- The International Liver Transplant Society
- The European Society for Organ Transplantation
- The Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Decompensated Liver Disease: Liver Transplantation is the Best Option, Not the Last Option.
- Fellowship, 2011, European Society of Organ Transplantation (ESOT)
- 2004, General Medical Council (UK)
- Fellowship, 2002, Royal College of Surgeons of England (London)
- MBBS, Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
Work Experience Of Dr. Mathew Jacob
Senior Consultant, Aster Medcity Hospital
- Liver transplant
- Pancreas transplant
- Cancer surgeries
- Kidney Transplant
- Liver Transplant