- Dr. Vijay is a cardiothoracic surgeon with 31+ years of experience.
- Dr. Shankar is a member of Tamil Nadu Medical Council and associate in Coronary Artery Surgery at the University of Wisconsin, USA.
- Dr. Vijay has expertise in Invasive Cardiac, Mitral/Heart Valve Replacement, Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty, and Cardiac Pacing.
- He has completed his MBBS, MS, and MCh from the University of Madras.
Fellowship, 1994, University of Wisconsin, USA
MCh, 1978, University of Madras, India
MS, 1975, University of Madras, India
MBBS, 1972, University of Madras, India
Work Experience Of Dr. Vijay Shankar S
Senior Consultant, Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- Cardiac Pacing,
- Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty,
- Mitral/Heart Valve Replacement,
- Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Balloon Valvuloplasty - Aortic
- Biventricular Pacing
- Complex congenital heart surgeriesg
- Coronary Angiogram
- Device Closure- ASD VSD
- ECMO Support
- Neonatal and Infant cardiac surgeries
- PDA Device Closure
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Single Chamber
- PTCA-Percutaneous Transluminal
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Single Ventricle Defects Surgery
- TAPVC - Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, DNB
23 years of experience
Noida , India