Heart Valve Replacement Surgery Cost in India
- The average cost of Heart Valve Replacement Surgery in India ranges from USD 6,200 to USD 8,200. The cot is dependent on the kind of valve used i.e., Mechanical or a Tissue valve.
- Heart Valve replacements could be Aortic Heart Valve Replacement and Mitral Valve Replacement.
- Remain in the hospital accounts for approximately 8 days and about 14 days outside the hospital.
- Valve Replacement surgeries are tremendously successful today. A current Valve Surgery procedure is TAVI, which aims at replacing the Aortic valve by utilizing the transcatheter technique.
- Tests Necessary for discovering Valve Replacement are EKG (electrocardiogram), Chest X-Ray, Coronary Angiography, Anxiety Evaluation, and Cardiac MRI.
Symptoms for Valve Replacement
The main signal of heart valve disorder is an unusual heartbeat noise known as a heart murmur. Lots of people having heart problems disease do not have any signs until they’re middle-aged or elderly. The primary symptoms and signs include:
- Unusual fatigue (tiredness) or weakness
- Shortness of breath or difficulty catching your breath
- Swelling in the ankles, feet, legs, abdomen, and veins in the neck
- Fluttering, racing, or irregular heartbeat.
- Chest pain or palpitations (rapid rhythms or skips)
- Inability to maintain the regular activity level
- Light-headedness or loss of consciousness
Treatments for heart disease disorders mostly depend upon the intensity of the disease and its symptoms.
Medical Tests for Detecting Valve Replacement
For the identification of heart valve disorder, the physician will first check for the symptoms and signs. Afterward, a physical examination is done. The commonly advised test are:
- Chest-X ray
- Cardiac catheterization
- Stress Evaluation
- Cardiac MRI
Medications For patients with a Valve problem
The commonly prescribes Medications are:
- Beta-blockers & calcium channel blockers: These control the heart rate and blood circulation
- Diuretics: To Decrease fluid retention
- Vasodilators: All these medications open or dilate blood vessels
Top Cardiologists in India
Treatments And Cost Related to Valve Replacement
Starting USD 6,200
( Indian Rupees Approx. 4,46,000 )
Starting USD 5,200
Starting USD 10,000
Starting USD 9,000
( Indian Rupees Approx. 6,84,000 )
The process is done under general anesthesia and also the process takes 2-4 hours.
- The patient is changed to the operating area & GA is administered
- The patient’s heart is ceased and there is attached to some heart-lung bypass machine. This machine performs the function of the heart, supplying oxygen and removing carbon dioxide.
- There are various surgeries for this ailment. Some of the most common heart surgeries are:
- Open Heart Surgery: The surgeon creates a sizable surgical cut from the breastbone to make it to the heart and aorta.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery: During this process, quite few cuts are made or it’s done using a catheter, that is inserted through the skin.
- Valve repair: When the valve may be repaired, then the surgeon will repair it by
- Ring annuloplasty: The ring-like area around the valve is repaired by stitching a ring of plastic, fabric, or tissue around the valve.
- Valve repair: During this surgeon’s time, shapes, or one or more of the leaflets of the valve. The leaflets are flaps that open and shut the valve.
- Valve replacement: When the valve is too damaged, then a fresh valve is placed. This surgeon will remove the old valve and place a new one set up. The Main Kinds of fresh valves are:
- Mechanical – This is made of man-made materials, such as metal (stainless steel or titanium) or ceramic. After the procedure, the patient is advised to take blood-thinning medicine for the rest of their life
- Biological – This is made of human or animal tissue. These valves last 12 to 15 years, and the patient may not need to take blood thinners for life.
- The incision will be closed with sutures or surgical staples and a sterile bandage or dressing will be applied.
Factors Affecting Cost of Valve Replacement Surgery
Following are the variables that will affect the treatment price:
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights defined (such as nursing charge, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Operating room, ICU
- The fee to the group of physicians (Surgeons, Anesthetist, Physiotherapist, Dietician )
- Regular evaluation and diagnostic processes
- Cost of valve
- The hospital Patient is choosing.
Read More – Heart Double Valve Replacement Cost in India
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When is heart valve surgery required?
A. Surgery is needed when someone undergoes heart valve stenosis or regurgitation along with the related symptoms can’t be managed with drugs.
Q: What are the risks of heart valve surgery?
A: Just like any surgical procedure, patients undergoing heart transplant operations are at risk of disease, reaction to anesthesia, or excessive bleeding. Other risks associated with heart valve operation may abnormal heart rhythms, valve leakage, blood clots, stroke, heart failure, and death.
How long will the heart valve last?
A. In certain patients, valves have lasted as long as 25 years without any difficulties. But they’re opportunities that fresh artificial valve could endure for the rest of your life. There are instances when a valve needs to be substituted within a matter of months or years, for any range of factors.
Q: Will the new valve need any special care?
A: The patient will probably be counseled to take blood thinners after the replacement.
Q. Is it safe to have an x-ray or MRI after the valve replacement?
A. All replacement heart valves are completely safe with x-ray examinations or MRI.
Q: When can a patient return to their normal activities after surgery?
A: An entire recovery following valve replacement may take a couple of months and this may also be dependent on the patient’s overall health before the operation.
Beşyol, Florya, Akasya Sk. No:4 D:1 Küçükçekmece 34295 Turkey
Established in : 2017
Number of Beds : 320
27 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
Established in : 1898
Number of Beds : 525
Koç University Hospital, Davutpaşa Caddesi Istanbul 34363 Turkey
Established in : 2014
Number of Beds : 420
Director , MBBS, MS, DNB
27 years of experience
Noida , India
Cardiac Surgeon Consultant
20 years of experience
15 years of experience