Heart Double Valve Replacement Cost in India
Heart valve repair is an open procedure on the heart. In double valve replacement, both the mitral and the aortic valve, or the entire left side of the heart, are replaced.
The estimated cost of heart double valve replacement in India is approximately USD 9500
The cost of care varies from case to case and a specialist examination is recommended to assess the appropriate treatment procedure/approach. The cost & quality of care, including the treatment process, the room category, and many other factors, are also influenced by several external factors.
A surgeon fixes or replaces the damaged or diseased heart valve or valves during heart valve surgery. Heart valves can be repaired or replaced using a variety of surgical techniques, including open-heart surgery and minimally invasive heart surgery.
What are the Valves of the Heart?
The heart is a muscular pumping organ that pumps blood around the body. It has two upper chambers, known as atria, and two bottom chambers, known as ventricles. Blood flows forward through the heart due to valves that connect each of the heart’s pumping chambers. The location of the four chambers is as follows:
- Tricuspid Valve: Located between the right atrium and the right ventricle.
- Pulmonary Valve: Between the right ventricle and the pulmonary artery, a pulmonary valve is placed.
- Mitral Valve: Occupy the space between the left atrium and the left ventricle.
- Aortic Valve: Both are placed between the left ventricle and the aorta.
What are the Types of Valves Replacement?
To replace malfunctioning valves, mechanical and biological valves are used. Mechanical valves are man-made components that function similarly to natural heart valves. They are made of carbon and polyester components that are readily tolerated by the human body. They can survive anywhere from 10 to 20 years. Blood clots are one of the hazards connected with mechanical valves. If you get a mechanical heart valve, you will have to take blood thinners for the rest of your life to prevent strokes.
Types of Valve Replacement Surgery are as follows:
- Aortic Valve Replacement
- Mitral Valve Replacement
- Double Valve Replacement
- Pulmonary Valve Replacement
Who is a good candidate for Heart Valve Repair or Valve Replacement Therapy?
You may experience the following symptoms if your heart valves become damaged or diseased:
- Pain in the chest
- Breathing Problems
- Edema (swelling) of the feet, ankles, or abdomen is a common ailment (belly)
- Fluid retention causes rapid weight gain.
Your healthcare professional may propose heart valve repair or valve replacement surgery for various reasons.
Heart Double Valve Replacement Cost in India
Starting USD 9500
(Indian Rupees Approx. 6,65,000)
What is the procedure for Heart Double Valve Replacement?
A hospital stay is required for heart valve repair or replacement surgery. Procedures may differ depending on your situation and the practices of your healthcare providers.
Before the Procedure:
This is how open-heart valve repair or replacement generally goes:
- You will be asked to take off any jewelry or other items that might get in the way of the operation.
- Attire will be changed to a hospital gown and instructed to go to the bathroom to empty your bladder.
- The patient will be instructed to lay down on the operation table on his back by the surgical team.
- An intravenous (IV) line will be placed in your arm or hand by a healthcare expert for the injection of drugs and the administration of IV fluids. More catheters will be inserted into blood arteries in your neck and wrist to monitor your heart and blood pressure as well as collect blood samples.
- Surgery with procedures that are either traditional or minimally invasive is done under general anesthesia.
- A broad incision from the neck to the navel requires traditional surgery.
- The heart will be momentarily stopped for most operations and the patient will be placed on a heart/lung machine that takes over the ventilation and blood circulation.
- Instead, there are several operations that can be carried out on a beating heart. The surgeon will determine for the patient which type of treatment is best.
After the Procedure:
- The heart will beat on its own and all incisions will be sewn or stapled closed until the heart valve has been removed and the surgery is finished.
- Patients will spend some time in the intensive care unit (ICU) after the surgery, where they will be closely monitored to ensure that there are no complications. The patient will be transferred to another room after that.
The majority of heart valve replacement patients spend between five to seven days in the hospital. You might be able to go home sooner if your operation was minimally invasive. During the first few days after a heart valve replacement, medical professionals will provide pain medication as needed and regularly evaluate your blood pressure, respiration, and heart function.
Depending on your rate of healing and the type of surgery you had, full recovery could take a few weeks or many months. Because the infection is the most common complication following surgery, it’s critical to keep your incisions sterile. If you develop symptoms that indicate infection, such as the following, call your doctor straight once:
- Pain or swelling at the spot of the incision
- Increased drainage from the region of the incision
Follow-up appointments are crucial in assisting your doctor in determining when you are ready to resume your normal activities. Make sure you have a support system in place for the weeks and months after your surgery. As you heal, enlist the support of relatives and friends to help you around the house and drive you to medical appointments.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long does it take to replace 2 heart valves?
A: Depending on the number of valves that need to be repaired or replaced, the surgery will take at least two hours or longer. You’ll be in a recovery room or an intensive care unit when you wake up (ICU). You’ll spend roughly a week in the hospital.
Q: How risky is a double heart valve replacement?
A: Aortic valve replacement is a serious procedure with potentially catastrophic complications. The chance of dying as a result of the procedure is estimated to be 2% overall. However, this risk is much smaller than the risk of not treating severe aortic disease.
Q: What are the disadvantages of heart valve replacement?
A: Repairing or replacing a heart valve carries a number of risks:
- Damage to the blood vessels or bleeding during or after therapy.
- Heart attacks, strokes, and lung issues can all be caused by blood clots.
- Infection at the location of the incision.
- Endocarditis (infection of the new valve), which is more frequent after valve replacement.
- Breathing difficulties.
Q: Which heart valve is the strongest?
A: The left ventricle is your heart’s largest and most powerful chamber. Although the chamber walls of the left ventricle are just about a half-inch thick, they are strong enough to drive blood through the aortic valve and into your body.
Q: What is the most common complication after open-heart surgery?
A: Infection of the chest wound (particularly likely in obese or diabetic patients or those who have previously had a CABG) Stroke or heart attack heartbeat irregularity The collapse of the lungs or the kidneys
Kaptan Paşa Mah. Piyale Paşa Bulvarı Halit Ziya Türkkan Sok. Famas Plaza C. Blok Şişli Istanbul 34384 Turkey
Established in : 2000
Number of Beds : 300
943 Phahonyothin Rd, Phaya Thai Sub-District Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Established in : 1987
Number of Beds : 600
Bandra Kurla Complex G / N, Bandra (E, Mumbai, Maharashtra Mumbai Maharashtra 400051 India
Established in : 2002
Number of Beds : 400
Additional Director , MBBS, MD, DM
24 years of experience
MBBS, Consultant -Interventional Cardiologist
12 years of experience
Director MBBS, MS, MCh
28 years of experience
New Delhi, India