Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in India
- Brain Tumor Surgery cost in India ranges between USD 5000 to USD 7200.
- Treatment for brain tumors depends on the size, type, and location of the tumor.
- Brain Tumor surgery requires to stay in the hospital for 4 days and 15 days outside the hospital.
- Tests required to diagnose a Brain Tumor are a Neurological Exam, MRI, and CT Scan.
Symptoms for Brain Tumor
The signs of a brain tumor mostly vary depending on the exact area of the brain that is affected. Common symptoms include:
- Severe, persistent headaches
- Seizures (fits)
- Persistent nausea, vomiting, and drowsiness
- Mental or behavioral changes, such as memory problems or changes in personality
- Hand tremors
- Progressive weakness or paralysis on one side of the body
- Vision problems, or speech problems
- Loss of memory
Medical Tests for Detecting Brain Tumour
To diagnose a brain tumor, the doctor begins by:
- Asking questions about the symptoms
- Then a personal & family history is taken
- A physical examination is done, which includes a neurological examination
If a brain tumor is suspected then the Physician may advise one or more of the following Evaluations
- CT(CAT) scan or MRI to view detailed images of the mind
- Angiogram or MRA, which Include Using dye and X-rays of blood vessels in the Mind to Search for Signals of a tumor or abnormal blood vessels
- Skull x-ray
- The biopsy is advised to check if not it is own cancerous
Treatment options for Brain Tumor
The treatment options for a brain tumor are:
- Radiation therapy
Surgery is the first step in the treatment of the majority of benign and malignant tumors.
Treatments and Cost related to Brain Tumor Surgery
Starting USD 4,500
Starting USD 5,000
Starting USD 6,000
Starting USD 6,500
It’s done under general anesthesia and also the process can take 4-8 hours.
- A Tiny area of the Mind may be shaved and the Individual Could be given a Nearby anesthetic to a Part of Their Entire Scalp
- An incision (cut) is made in the scalp and a Tiny part of the skull (‘bone flap’) will Probably Be Eliminated
- Awake Craniotomy: During this, the individual is going to be awakened in this point to permit the physician to map where the works of the mind are situated in the brain. Patient could have a sense of pulling something out but shouldn’t feel pain because the mind itself can’t feel pain.
- Just as a lot of this tumor as is safely possible, will probably be eliminated
- The bone flap is going to be replaced along with the wound closed with stitches or metal clips.
- Patients are for the most part placed on steroids to aid with almost any swelling.
- The patient is required to stay in the hospital for 3-7 days.
Factors Affecting Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in India
Following are the variables that affect brain tumor surgery price in India:
- The hospital patient is opting for.
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthetist, Physiotherapist, Dietician)
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- The type of surgery performed
- Gamma Knife Surgery
Medsurge India offers the best Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the cost of brain tumor surgery in India?
A: The expense of brain tumor operation in India fluctuates between USD 5500 into USD 7500. The cost could change by several other factors such as the complexity of the operation, type of operation done, the hospital chosen, physician’s fees, diagnostic processes, and much more.
You may also be interested in – Top 10 Neurosurgeons in India
Q: Should a person be worried about Headaches?
A: There are a variety of causes of headaches. A lot of men and women experience headaches during the course of their life, but their definite patterns will tell-tale indicators of a serious, underlying issue. A patient should seek physicians’ attention if there is hassle.
- Worsen in seriousness or frequency
- Are Found upon waking from sleep
- Are accompanied by nausea, vomiting or difficulty with language
- Differentiate from your Regular headaches
Q: What is the difference between benign and malignant tumors?
A: Brain tumors are generally categorized as benign or cancerous. Various kinds of tumors can create unique symptoms based on their place in the brain.
- Malignant tumors are usually regarded as more dangerous and often grow faster and more harshly.
- Benign tumors are slow-growing tumors and are less likely to grow back after the treatment.
Q: What possible problems should a patient look for after the surgery?
A: Patients should call the doctor if they experience a seizure, severe headache, worsening neurological problems, fever or chills, swelling of the ankles, bleeding or bruising, severe nausea or vomiting, and skin rash.
Q: When can a patient start there day to day activity after the surgery?
A: Benign brain tumors can sometimes grow back after treatment, so regular follow-up appointments will often be recommended to look for signs. Patients can get back to their day to activity after four to six months.
Mini Sea Shore Road, Sector 10, Vashi Mumbai Maharashtra 400703 India
Established in : 2007
Number of Beds : 180
154/9, Bannerghatta Road, Opposite IIM-B Sahyadri Layout, Panduranga Nagar Bangalore Karnataka 560076 India
Established in : 2006
Number of Beds : 300
Parsik Hill Road, Sector 23, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai Mumbai Maharashtra 400614 India
Established in :
Number of Beds : 800
Merkez, Kaptanpaşa Mahallesi Okmeydanı Kavşağı, Darülaceze Cd. No:14, Okmeydanı Sisli İstanbul 34384 Turkey
Established in : 1997
Number of Beds : 199
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
15 years of experience
Consultant , MBBS, MS, MCh
21 years of experience
MBBS, MS - General Surgery, MCh - Neuro Surgery
28 years of experience