Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in India
- Brain Tumor Surgery cost in India ranges between USD 5000 to USD 7200.
- Treatment for brain tumors depends on the size, type, and location of the tumor.
- Brain Tumor surgery requires to stay in the hospital for 4 days and 15 days outside the hospital.
- Tests required to diagnose a Brain Tumor are a Neurological Exam, MRI, and CT Scan.
Symptoms for Brain Tumor
The signs of a brain tumor mostly vary depending on the exact area of the brain that is affected. Common symptoms include:
- Severe, persistent headaches
- Seizures (fits)
- Persistent nausea, vomiting and drowsiness
- Mental or behavioral changes, such as memory problems or changes in personality
- Hand tremors
- Progressive weakness or paralysis on one side of the body
- Vision problems, or speech problems
- Loss of memory
Medical Tests for Detecting Brain Tumour
To diagnose a brain tumor, the doctor begins by:
- Asking questions about the symptoms
- Then a personal & family history is taken
- A physical examination is done, which includes a neurological examination
If a brain tumor is suspected then the Physician may advise one or more of the following Evaluations
- CT(CAT) scan or MRI to view detailed images of the mind
- Angiogram or MRA, which Include Using dye and X-rays of blood vessels in the Mind to Search for Signals of a tumor or abnormal blood vessels
- Skull x-ray
- The biopsy is advised to check if not it is own cancerous
Treatment options for Brain Tumor
The treatment options for a brain tumor are:
Surgery is the first step in the treatment of the majority of benign and malignant tumors.
Cost of Brain Tumor Surgery in Various Cities of India
City Cost (INR)
Bengaluru INR 1,25,000 – INR 3,60,000
New Delhi INR 1,20,000 – INR 3,95,000
Mumbai INR 1,30,000 – INR 4,90,000
Gurgaon INR 1,25,000 – INR 3,60,000
Chennai INR 1,35,000 – INR 3,10,000
Hyderabad INR 1,15,000 – INR 3,80,000
Pune INR 1,30,000 – INR 4,90,000
Kolkata INR 1,20,000 – INR 3,60,000
Kochi INR 1,35,000 – INR 3,10,000
*Note – The cost variables described above are not constant. It could be determined by the country and type of treatment chosen.
Watch Video – Domestic Video Patient Testimonial | Brain Tumor Surgery
Top Neurosurgeons in India
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya
- Dr. Rana Patir
- Dr. Nigel P Symss
- Dr. Raghunathan N
- Dr. K. Sridhar
- Dr. Paresh K. Doshi
- Dr. Aditya Gupta
- Dr. Bipin Walia
- Dr. Sudhir Tyagi
Treatments and Cost related to Brain Tumor Surgery
Starting USD 4,500
Brain Tumor Surgery Cost In India Vs Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in Other Countries
India USD 5,000
USA USD 80,000
UK USD 90,000
UAE USD 60,000
Turkey USD 15,000
Thailand USD 20,000
Starting USD 5,000
Starting USD 6,000
Starting USD 6,500
International Insurance Company offering Cashless Treatments:-
- Aetna Global Benefits
- Allianz Partner
- Bupa Arabia
- Bupa International
- Cigna International
- East-West Rescue
- Medical Visa From Nigeria to India
- Medical Visa For Turkey
- Medical Visa From Mozambique to India
- Medical Visa From South Sudan to India
- Medical Visa From Uganda to India
- Medical Visa From South Sudan to India
- Medical Visa From Zambia to India
- Medical Visa From Kenya to India
- Medical Visa From Tanzania to India
- Medical Visa from Bangladesh to India
- Medical Visa From Namibia to India
It’s done under general anesthesia and also the process can take 4-8 hours.
- A Tiny area of the Mind may be shaved and the Individual Could be given a Nearby anesthetic to a Part of Their Entire Scalp
- An incision (cut) is made in the scalp and a Tiny part of the skull (‘bone flap’) will Probably Be Eliminated
- Awake Craniotomy: During this, the individual is going to be awakened in this point to permit the physician to map where the works of the mind are situated in the brain. Patient could have a sense of pulling something out but shouldn’t feel pain because the mind itself can’t feel pain.
- Just as a lot of this tumor as is safely possible, will probably be eliminated
- The bone flap is going to be replaced along with the wound closed with stitches or metal clips.
- Patients are for the most part placed on steroids to aid with almost any swelling.
- The patient is required to stay in the hospital for 3-7 days.
Factors Affecting Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in India
Following are the variables that affect brain tumor surgery price in India:
- The hospital patient is opting for.
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room for the number of nights specified (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Operating room, ICU
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthetist, Physiotherapist, Dietician)
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- The type of surgery performed
- Gamma Knife Surgery
Medsurge India offers the best Brain Tumor Surgery Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the cost of brain tumor surgery in India?
A: The expense of brain tumor operation in India fluctuates between USD 5500 into USD 7500. The cost could change by several other factors such as the complexity of the operation, type of operation done, the hospital chosen, physician’s fees, diagnostic processes, and much more.
You may also be interested in – Top 10 Neurosurgeons in India
Q: Should a person be worried about Headaches?
A: There are a variety of causes of headaches. A lot of men and women experience headaches during the course of their life, but their definite patterns will tell-tale indicators of a serious, underlying issue. A patient should seek physicians’ attention if there is hassle.
- Worsen in seriousness or frequency
- Are Found upon waking from sleep
- Are accompanied by nausea, vomiting or difficulty with language
- Differentiate from your Regular headaches
Q: What is the difference between benign and malignant tumors?
A: Brain tumors are generally categorized as benign or cancerous. Various kinds of tumors can create unique symptoms based on their place in the brain.
- Malignant tumors are usually regarded as more dangerous and often grow faster and more harshly.
- Benign tumors are slow-growing tumors and are less likely to grow back after the treatment.
Q: What possible problems should a patient look for after the surgery?
A: Patients should call the doctor if they experience a seizure, severe headache, worsening neurological problems, fever or chills, swelling of the ankles, bleeding or bruising, severe nausea or vomiting, and skin rash.
Q: When can a patient start there day to day activity after the surgery?
A: Benign brain tumors can sometimes grow back after treatment, so regular follow-up appointments will often be recommended to look for signs. Patients can get back to their day to activity after four to six months.
29 Saemunan-ro, Gyonam-dong, Seoul Seoul 110-130 South Korea
Established in : 1968
Number of Beds :
İçerenköy Mahallesi Hastane Sokak No:4 D:4/1, Istanbul 34854 Turkey
Established in : 2005
Number of Beds :
262 Gamcheon-ro, Amnam-dong, Seo-gu, Busan Busan Busan 49267 South Korea
Established in : 1951
Number of Beds : 1000
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MS, MBBS
21 years of experience
New Delhi, India
Consultant MBBS, MD, MRCP, FRCP
22 years of experience