Bone Marrow Transplant Cost in India
A bone marrow transplant is a medical procedure that uses healthy blood-forming stem cells to replace bone marrow that isn’t producing enough healthy blood cells. A bone marrow transplant is often referred to as a stem cell transplant. If your bone marrow stops working and does not produce enough healthy blood cells, you may need a bone marrow transplant. A bone marrow transplant, also known as an allogeneic transplant, uses either cell from a donor or your own body.
Several options are available for bone marrow transplant in India, such as autologous bone marrow transplant, allogeneic bone marrow transplant, and Umbilical cord blood transplant can be an option.
Bone Marrow Transplant Cost in India is more affordable than in countries like the US. For patients coming for treatment of bone marrow transplant in India, the best hospitals are available with affordable healthcare packages and top-quality equipment or apparatus with the assurance of excellent treatment quality and top-class doctors.
The Need for Bone Marrow Transplant:
- Because of its importance to your immune system, bone marrow is an important part of the body. Your body’s immune system weakens as a result of damaged bone marrow, making you more susceptible to infections, illnesses, and infections, as well as to a lack of white blood cells, red blood cells, or platelets.
- This may do a great deal of harm to your own body and has the potential to lead to deadly infections. That is the reason why a bone marrow transplant is completed while the bone marrow isn’t functioning optimally, like if you’ve a bone marrow disease once the bone marrow malfunction occurs. It might be challenging to distinguish the signs of a bone marrow problem since the cause of bone marrow deterioration or injury varies from person to person.
- If your bone marrow shows a lack of stem cell production, your bone marrow transplant doctor may recommend a bone marrow transplant. A bone marrow transplant benefits people with cancer-related illnesses as well as when radiation and extended treatment have damaged the bone marrow.
- Your bone marrow could be saved if you have a bone marrow transplant because new stem cells might speed up the stem cell production process.
A recommended tip – Various Types of BMT’s
Bone Marrow Transplant Cost In India
Bone Marrow Transplant Cost in India starts from USD 18,000. But Bone Marrow Transplant cost in India can also vary depending on the type of hospital such as:
- Bone Marrow Transplant Cost in Apollo Hospital, Delhi starts from USD 20,000.
- Bone Marrow Transplant Cost in Apollo Hospital in Chennai starts from USD 20,000 – USD 21,000.
Also, the entire bone marrow transplant in India can also depend on a number of criteria, such as:
- Doctor’s competence and experience in the subject.
- The patient’s situation: The patient’s disease and whether additional modalities are required for comprehensive treatment.
- The price of treatment packages can depend on the hospital’s preference.
- Duration of hospitalization and stay in the country.
- Need for post-operative care.
- Hospital room classification.
Diseases and Conditions
Here are a handful of the most typical conditions that call for a bone marrow transplant. Anyone of you who suffers from one of these diseases, you have to check with a bone marrow transplant expert to comprehend your suitability for bone marrow transplantation.
- Immune Deficiencies
- Congenital Neutropenia is an inherited disease that causes recurring infections.
- POEMS syndrome is a rare blood disease that damages the nerves and might affect a number of different areas of the human body.
- The condition known as aplastic anemia causes the embryo to cease producing new blood cells.
- Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer caused because of immature nerve cells located within the body.
- An inherited blood disease that causes misshapen red blood cells.
- Plasma Cell Disarry: A variety of increasingly intense monoclonal gammopathies by which a clone or numerous clones of premalignant or cancerous cells over-produce and secrete myeloma protein to the blood flow.
- Thalassemia is an inherited blood disease where the body creates an abnormal type of hemoglobin, also an essential portion of red blood cells.
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Bone marrow cancers like Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma, or Lymphoma
Risk Factors associated with Bone Marrow Transplant
Many factors determine the risk factors of Bone Marrow Transplant. As an example, it could be your age, your overall health, and also the condition for which you’re being treated.
Other things that help determine the results are the transplant kind and how great of a match the donor marrow is. One other important element is the way that a bone marrow transplant is completed. Whether you undergo the Radiation process or Chemotherapy process prior to your bone marrow transplant as well as the dose of those processes matters to the result of your transplant.
The probability of complications may differ from person to person. In infrequent cases, individuals undergoing a transplant might need to be hospitalized and treated for complications that arise, some might even be life-threatening.
Minor complications which may arise because of bone marrow transplant include:
- Impaired taste
- A prolonged headache
- Drop in your blood pressure
- Odds of contracting a high fever.
- Breathing problems
Serious Risk Factors Which Are Related to the Bone Marrow Process Comprises:
- Graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) can be a complication. In this, the donor tissues transplanted via the bone marrow transplant process begin to damage your body.
- You might contract ailments quite easily and severe infections can be hard to deal with.
- There might be clotting on your liver, particularly the veins.
- You may get anemia.
- Graft failure may happen whereby cell manufacturing does not begin as it should.
- Your organs might begin to bleed like your lungs and brain.
- You’ll contract a cataract (cloudiness on your own eyes ).
- You may develop new cancers because of the transplant.
- You may have premature menopause.
- You may get mucositis where there’s soreness in your throat, stomach, and mouth area.
- Psychotherapy is just another complication that may occur from acquiring a bone marrow transplant.
Want to know more in detail about the Bone Marrow Transplant? Then do check out here.
Pre – Transplant
A bone marrow examination must be completed prior to the start of your bone marrow transplant. You can find out what types of bone marrow cells you require by having your bone marrow evaluated. Your bone marrow physician will decide which bone marrow evaluation process to choose for.
A bone marrow biopsy and aspiration may also be done if you are being treated for cancer. Usually, he’ll ask you about your medical history and conduct a physical examination. This is a significant step since the physician has to make positive you are a suitable candidate for your transplant procedure.
The bone marrow specialist may provide chemotherapy, radiotherapy, or both to you. This can be carried out in advance of the bone marrow transplant procedure. This can be done in two ways they are:
- Mini transplant or reduced-intensity therapy is a process where chemotherapy and radiation are offered to you in smaller doses. People who are elderly or suffering from a health problem usually undergo this procedure.
- A method called myeloablative or ablative therapy involves giving you high doses of radiation, chemotherapy, or a combination of the two. The human body’s cancer cells can be eliminated with this.
The reason why the conditioning method is done would be to suppress your immune system, destroy cancer cells (if you’re experiencing a kind of cancer), and also permit your bone marrow to be prepared for healthier stem cells. Organ problems, exhaustion, hair loss, vomiting, cataracts, infertility, mouth ulcers, and nausea are just a few of the negative effects that may arise from the conditioning treatment.
Types of Bone Marrow Transplants
- Allogenic Bone Marrow Transplant
In this kind of transplant, healthful stem cells are attracted to somebody else (a donor). This donor could be somebody in your loved ones or somebody who’s not associated with you. The donor marrow tissue has been checked for the transplant is performed only when the cells are a game. The stem cells have been obtained from the donor together with the procedure for bone marrow harvest or stem cell harvest.
In this, the stem cells which are in the umbilical cord of a newborn infant are eliminated whenever the infant is born. These eliminated stem cells have been frozen and retained. These may be utilized for the transplant. Since these cells are rather immature, it’s highly probable they will be a close game. But because the stem cells in the umbilical cord are lower, it may take longer to the creation of cells to begin after the transplant.
- Autologous Bone Marrow Transplant
This is also called a rescue transplant. This is actually the bone marrow transplant where the stem cells are removed from the human body through a procedure called apheresis. Before apheresis is done, the quantities of stem cells will need to be increased.
- Umbilical cord blood transfusion
In this process, stem cells are removed from the umbilical cord of a newborn baby shortly after delivery. Until they are needed for a transplant, the stem cells are frozen and kept in storage. Since umbilical cord blood cells have not fully developed, a good match is not as important. The blood count takes significantly longer to restore due to the stem cells’ restricted range.
Requirements and Criteria of Bone Marrow Transplants
A bone marrow transplant may take as much as a whole week and the price of a bone marrow transplant may fluctuate based on the individual situation. Some of the things to keep in mind are listed below:
- You must tell your employer of your absence for a week. It’s a great idea to request medical leave in advance so that your employer is aware.
- You may want to organize your loved ones to keep them near where you’re being treated. To prepare for this, looking for a resort or house close to the hospital is an excellent option.
- When you have pets then you have to make sure they cared for the whole week.
- You must plan your route and secure temporary assistance from a friend, relative, or helper.
- When there aren’t any bills to be paid during this time, install auto pay or cover your bills beforehand when possible. You need to make sure that your insurer must be intimated as well.
Finding a Donor
If you require an allogeneic bone marrow transplant, also called an allogeneic stem cell transplant, to be achieved, then you need to locate a donor.
If it comes to finding a donor, then there are a couple of alternatives. A donor could be your relative, friend, or maybe a person you do not understand. However, medical professionals typically look for a donor whose genetic profile, is even somewhat, like yours. The success of an allogeneic bone marrow transplant depends in large part on how strong the donor pool is.
An evaluation will be conducted to see whether the donor is ideal for you or not. This evaluation will determine whether you have to get another donor or the present donor is a match. Typically, the closest members of their family, such as your siblings, prove to be excellent fits.
But, that does not imply people that who aren’t associated with you won’t create a match. The bone marrow registries are useful once you’re looking for a matching donor not associated with you.
Medsurge India offers the best Bone Marrow Transplant Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
Top Doctors for Bone Marrow Transplant Surgery in India
Bone Marrow Transplant in India is carried out by highly skilled, educated, and experienced physicians who can quickly identify and treat any bone marrow condition. To determine if the stem cell is healthy or not, pathologists will take the sample for testing and perform tests on it. With the use of cutting-edge medical technology, surgeons in India give their patients the best possible treatment. In order to provide patients with healthcare that meets worldwide standards, the doctors performing bone marrow transplants collaborate with other medical professionals and non-medical employees at the hospital.
Click here to know the best doctors for Bone Marrow Transplant in India
Why Do Individuals Prefer to Have Bone Marrow Transplant in India
The country has some of the best medical care facilities and services in Asia, making medical tourism in India very popular. The best bone marrow transplant hospitals in India provide all types of cancer-related surgeries using advanced technology. Also, the bone marrow transplant price in India is much more affordable as compared to other states or nations around the world. An international patient can expect to pay 50-60% less for a total bone marrow transplant in India.
Best Hospital For Bone Marrow Transplant in India
- Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital Mumbai
- Global Hospital Chennai
The best bone marrow transplant in India provides comprehensive appropriate treatment, including comprehensive pre-operative evaluations, minimally invasive surgical options, and post-operative rehabilitation programs. Patients can expect personalized treatment, individualized attention, and compassionate care at these medical facilities. The hospitals are accredited by top international organizations such as the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) or the Joint Commission International (JCI).
How Can Medsurge India Help
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I am hesitant about the Bone Marrow Transplant procedure. What should I do?
A: You have to realize that getting anxieties regarding bone marrow transplant is ordinary. You need to jot down all of the questions you’ve got and talk to a physician about them. The trick will be for you to be familiar with the process before it starts. Do not be afraid to ask your physician all of the questions that you have. If you believe anxiety is negatively impacting you and getting uncontrollable, then it’s a fantastic idea to consult with a counselor. Talking to a family about the process and preparing them is a fantastic idea so that they know of what to expect. Support teams are also available to help you browse throughout the strain and apprehensions of this process. These support groups also can assist you to conduct sufficient research on the internet about the very best clinic for bone marrow transplant in India at which it is possible to get the very best medical attention. This may go a long way in relieving your own concern.
Q: Is it possible not to be eligible for a bone marrow transplant?
A: Yes. Some individuals may not be entitled to a bone marrow transplant as they’re not healthy enough to be given a transplant. The process is very taxing on your body and consequently, overall wellbeing ought to be preserved before trying it. That is the reason why physicians spend a fantastic period of time to make certain you’re physically prepared for a bone marrow transplant.
Q: Just how long can it take for me to resume my regular activities following the transplant process?
A: Following the bone marrow transplant, then you’ll be closely tracked by the physicians as they’ll be watching out for a rise in blood cell count and some discomfort you may encounter. The comprehensive healing may require a year but it depends upon a lot of factors. If the transplant is deemed effective (Stem cells are being generated), then you are able to resume your usual daily tasks.
Q: What’s the bone marrow transplantation price in India?
A: The bone marrow transplant price is dependent upon a number of factors like the kind of transplant and the place of where you’re receiving the transplant. That is the reason why following the suitable evaluations are completed, your health care provider may provide you with an estimate of this bone marrow transplantation price. The bone marrow transplant price in India may differ from hospital to hospital, so hence it is essential that you do your research on the internet and have a quote from several hospitals prior to opting to proceed. Nevertheless, ensure the quality of health care you get isn’t compromised when searching for affordability.
Q: Is it ok for me to work out following a bone marrow transplant?
A: As soon as your bone marrow transplant was a victory, you may begin to work out. But it’s a great idea to start slow and then as you get better you’re able to raise the level of the exercise so. Your health care provider can allow you to create a workout program that’s tailored to your own needs and requirements.
Q: How long am I supposed to remain in the hospital following the transplant process has finished?
A: This depends upon what you’re being treated for and also the positioning of this bone marrow transplant. At times, people do not need to remain in the hospital immediately after the process but other people do. It is based upon the individual circumstance. Occasionally because of high doses of radiation treatment and chemotherapy, you may have to remain in the clinic for a far longer period. Your health care provider will inform you regarding the period of your stay so you may make arrangements so.
Q: Do I want to take anything to the hospital to get the bone marrow transplant process?
A: You’ll be changed to another cottage for the bone marrow transplant process. Few of the items you can carry into the hospital are:
- Comfortable, clean and loose-fitting clothing
- Loose slippers
- Razor, toothbrush and other toiletries
- Books, journals or magazines
- Personal items such as blankets
- Food items such as snacks and beverages
Q: Is it possible to lead a normal life after a bone marrow transplant?
A: Among those things you need to remember is that after a transplant, it requires a whole lot of time to recover. The transplant may take a few weeks or even months to be finished. It is ideal to get a health plan in your mind so you are able to look after yourself. It is also possible to check with family and friends for assistance. Throughout the first couple of months, you will feel helpless and much more tired than normal. There may be a sharp shift on your appetite and the way you smell and flavor food. Considering that all your cells are increasing, it might take a while to get back to your regular activities.