Multiple Myeloma Treatment Cost in India
- The estimated cost of Multiple Myeloma treatment in India is between USD 11000 to USD 13000.
- The cost of treatment is dependent upon the stage.
- The patient must shell out 15 times in hospital and 20 days out of the hospital.
- Tests Necessary to diagnose Multiple Myeloma are Complete Blood Count, Blood Calcium Degrees, Urine Tests, Electrophoresis, Kidney Function Tests, and Imaging Tests.
Symptoms of Multiple Myeloma:
Initially, symptoms Might Not Be present or might be non-specific,
- Loss of desire
- low blood counts
- Low RBCs resulting in anemic with reduced Hb having difficulty in walking, weakness in doing routine tasks
- Reduced WBCs Resulting in susceptibility to disease
- Decreased platelets causing bleeding
- Bone pain – Bone pain impacts nearly 70 percent of patients and is now the most frequent symptom.
- High calcium levels Resulting in constipation, increased thirst, nausea, and confusion
- Kidney failure or damage due to abnormal protein deposition or raised calcium levels.
Multiple Myeloma Treatment Cost in India
( Indian Rupees Approx. 8,40,000 )
Diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma:
Multiple myeloma can be tricky to diagnose because it originally has no or few symptoms.
First evaluation —
The doctor will check for bleeding, signs of disease, and certain regions of bone regeneration. If guessed multiple myeloma, you’ll be referred to a hematologist.
Tests for Multiple Myeloma:
- Complete blood count: to Confirm the Number of blood cells, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), or plasma viscosity (PV).
- Blood Calcium Levels
- Urine tests: To test for abnormal proteins created by cancerous plasma cells found in urine.
- Electrophoresis: to quantify immunoglobins from the body.
- Kidney function tests: assess the amount of blood urea nitrogen to test for the Operation of the kidneys.
- Imaging evaluations: CT Scan, MRI, X-ray to Search for bone Issues.
Bone marrow biopsy is generally required to validate multiple myeloma. A needle will be used to have a tiny sample of bone marrow, usually conducted under a local anesthetic, the sample of bone marrow is going to be utilized to check for cells that are cancerous.
Risk Factors of Multiple Myeloma:
The reason for multiple myeloma is usually unknown.
Factors may include:
- Increasing era: Your risk of multiple myeloma increases as you get older, with the majority of individuals diagnosed in their mid-60s.
- Male sex: Guys are more likely to develop the disorder than are girls
- Exposure to radiation
Therapy of Multiple Myeloma
There’s presently no treating multiple myeloma, however, therapy can often help restrain it for many decades.
The first treatment of multiple myeloma is dependent upon the individual’s age and overall health of the individual. Treatment is intended following identification and staging.
Treatment will often demand:
Infection therapy –
- Targeted treatment: Targeted medication treatment focuses on particular abnormalities in cancer cells that enable them to survive.
- Palliative treatment: Biological treatment uses the human own body’s immune system to fight myeloma cells. These medicines are generally taken in pill form.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy drugs kill cells that are hastened, such as myeloma cells.
- It’s not curative but does extend overall survival and total remission.
- Allergenic stem cell transplantation, the transplantation of a healthy individual’s stem cells to the affected individual.
- Radiation treatment: During radiation treatment, the myeloma cells have been destroyed by large beams of energy.
- Treat anemia
- Bone pain and fractures, use of bisphosphonates
- Adequate hydration to prevent calcium accumulation and kidney damage
Myeloma that yields following a period of being in control following therapy are known as perennial myeloma or relapsed myeloma, Anti-myeloma medications to control cancer when it comes back.
Factors Affecting Multiple Myeloma Treatment Cost in India
The cost to the individual is dependent upon a number of factors such as:
- The clinic, the individual chooses.
- Type of Space
- Fee for the Group of physicians
- Standard evaluations and diagnostic processes.
- Price of Chemotherapy/ radiotherapy
- Price of stem cell transplantation
- Cost of supportive therapy
Plot no. DG-4, Premises, 03-358, Street Number 358, DG Block(Newtown), Action Area I, Newtown Kolkata West Bengal 700156 India
Established in :
Number of Beds : 150
164, World cup-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16499 South Korea
Established in : 1994
Number of Beds : 1200
Guwollam-ro, Guwol 1(il)-dong, Namdong-gu, Incheon, South Korea Incheon Incheon 405760 South Korea
Established in : 1958
Number of Beds : 1600
Director , MBBS, MD
32 years of experience
HOD , MBBS, MD
33 years of experience
Consultant , Graduation, Post Graduation, Post Graduation
30 years of experience