Neurosurgery Cost in India
A medical specialization called neurosurgery in India is largely involved with the diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions affecting the brain, spine, cerebrovascular system, and nervous system. Stroke, dementia, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, infections of the central nervous system (CNS), and neoplasms are some of the conditions associated with them. The common name for Neurosurgery is Brain Surgery in India. It deals with the diagnosis, prevention, and surgical treatment of the Brain, Spinal cord, and Peripheral Nervous system disorders.
The medical professionals who treat different neurological conditions of the nervous system like brain, and spine are known as neurosurgeons. A few of them are specialists in fields of neuro-vascular surgery, pediatric neurosurgery, pituitary surgery, radiosurgery, spinal cord surgery, epilepsy, and movement disorders.
What is a Nervous System?
The nervous system is a network inside the human body that plays an essential role in everything you do like movements, hearing, breathing, listening, touching, digestion, regulating blood flow, blood pressure, breathing, blinking of eyes, and maintaining body temperature.
The nervous system is the brain’s primary control system, yet it also regulates complex and delicate bodily functions like thought and memory.
What are the Parts of the Nervous System?
The nervous system has two parts –
Central Nervous System and Peripheral Nervous System
Central Nervous System –CNS is made of the brain and spinal cord and it controls major functions of the body and mind both.
Peripheral Nervous System – Your body and brain communicate with each other via the peripheral nervous system’s nerves. Involuntary bodily processes including breathing, heartbeat, and blood flow are included here, along with sensory data and the management of voluntary actions.
Difference Between Neurosurgeons and Neurologists
Both neurosurgeons and neurologists could perform complex neurological investigations like MRI scans, CT scans, PET scans, and EEG.
Neurologists are specialist who diagnoses and treats disorders of the brain and nervous system with symptoms like Chronic headache, Balance difficulties, and Fatigue muscles. A neurologist can only administer drugs as a treatment and refer to a Neurosurgeon for surgical procedures.
Neurosurgeons are specialist who performs surgeries on people with chronic disorders that impair the normal functioning of the Nervous system. They perform surgeries like Disc removal, Brain Tumor removal, and Spinal cord surgery.
Neurosurgery is an advanced form of surgery and requires long-term training, experience, and precision in surgical procedures. Neurosurgery cost in India is comparatively affordable and cheaper than in other countries in the world.
Neurosurgery Treatment Cost in India
USD 3,303 to USD 93,00
- Medical Visa From Nigeria to India
- Medical Visa For Turkey
- Medical Visa From Mozambique to India
- Medical Visa From South Sudan to India
- Medical Visa From Uganda to India
- Medical Visa From South Sudan to India
- Medical Visa From Zambia to India
- Medical Visa From Kenya to India
- Medical Visa From Tanzania to India
- Medical Visa from Bangladesh to India
- Medical Visa From Namibia to India
Neurosurgery Treatment Cost in India
Neurosurgery treatment in India is the best in the entire world due to highly experienced and trained surgeons handling neurosurgeries in various hospitals.
Neurosurgery is also performed in various super-specialty hospitals in Delhi and other states in India. These hospitals have all the latest types of equipment, technological advancements, and experienced Neurosurgeons who perform precise surgeries with minimum complications.
The treatment cost of neurosurgery in India is cheaper and the best part is there is no waiting list for the patients and the best Neurosurgeons in India are experts in both brain and Spinal cord surgeries.
For example, the cost of Craniotomy in India is USD 6,000 and the cost of the same procedure in the USA is USD 40,000. On average, the Brain Tumor surgery cost in India is quite the lowest. It goes from 3303 USD to 9300 USD.
Best Neurosurgery Hospitals in India
The top hospitals in Delhi that are known worldwide for Neurosurgery are –
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
The top hospitals in Gurgaon are –
The top hospitals in Mumbai are –
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital
- Fortis hospital, Mulund
- Sir HN Reliance Foundation hospital
Top hospitals in other states are –
Best Neurosurgeon in India
Here is the list of best Neurosurgeons in India
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya
- Dr. Rana Patir
- Dr Nigel P Symss
- Dr. Raghunathan N
- Dr. K. Sridhar
- Dr. Paresh K. Doshi
- Dr. Aditya Gupta
- Dr. Bipin Walia
- Dr. Sudhir Tyagi
What to look for Best Neurosurgeon for Treatment?
Neurosurgery is a complex procedure that could only be carried out by well-trained and experienced Neurosurgeons. It requires precision, knowledge, and expertise in the field. Thus choosing the best Neurosurgeon in India is quite a task.
Here’s how you can choose the best Neurosurgeon in India
- The top Neurosurgeon will have the following Credentials – MBBS, MS (General Surgery ), MCH (Neurosurgery ), DNB /FRCS /MRCS.
- Fellowships from well-known and renowned hospitals and colleges.
- Vast clinical experience
1. You could ask for recommendations from your family members or friends who have undergone Neurosurgery.
2. You could take recommendations from healthcare consultants and Medical Tourism consultancies for picking up the right doctor and hospital.
3. You must look for a hospital that is well equipped with all the required facilities along with the quality of care.
4. You must check online about the status of the hospital, and the specialist who is performing the surgery by the information provided on the internet and through patient reviews.
5. You can post your query online at Healthcare websites regarding the details of the procedure, treatment, hospitals, and medical specialists.
What are the Various Neurological Conditions Treated in India?
The common conditions well treated in India by Neurosurgeons are –
- Pain in back
- Tumors of Brain
- Brain Hemorrhage
- Arthritis of spine
- Spinal disc issues
- Fractures of spine
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord disorders and injuries
- Chronic headache
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Congenital brain disorders
- Head and neck cancer
Symptoms Associated with Neurological Disorders
Symptoms of Neurological disorders depend on the causes, the risk factors, or must be disease-associated. There could be single or multiple symptoms that the patient could represent in front of the specialist.
The symptoms could be –
- Severe dizziness
- Improper balance
- Muscle weakness
- Prickling (pins and needle ) sensation
- Digestive issues
- Loss of bowel control
- Respiratory issues
- Inability to move a body part
- Unexplained pain
- Loss of sensation
Causes of Neurological Disorders
The causes of neurological disorders vary from person to person and they are diverse. Neurological disorders affect the entire neurological pathway thus resulting in dysfunction of neurons. The causes could be –
- Nutritional deficiency
- Environmental factors
- Lifestyle-related diseases like Diabetes
- Physical injuries like Trauma, Burns
What are the Types of Surgeries Performed by Neurosurgeons in India?
There are various types of procedures performed by Neurosurgeons in India resulting in successful surgeries with minimum or no complications.
The procedures include –
Microdiscectomy – It is the most common surgical procedure performed by Neurosurgeons. The Surgical procedure includes the removal of a disc that is compressing the nerve. The recovery is very fast and the patient is symptom-free within a few days.
Spinal Nerve Decompression – Pain, and stiffness in the back and neck is the most common symptom of spinal nerve Decompression. Firstly the patient is treated with medicines and therapies like exercises to strengthen the back and muscles.
When the patient is not relieved with therapies, Spinal nerve decompression surgery in India is performed by Neurosurgeon. Post-surgery follow-up visits are important.
Craniotomy for a Brain tumor – This surgical procedure is complex and includes the opening of the skull to remove a brain tumor. This surgery is also useful in Epilepsy, Blood vessel diseases.
Do Neurosurgeons in India Perform Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries?
Minimally invasive spine surgery in India includes the surgical procedure in which a small cut of about half an inch is made through the skin. Working and performing the surgery through this small incision helps in less damage to nearby tissues and muscles thus recovers quickly.
Yes, Neurosurgeons in India perform Minimally invasive spine surgeries which have multiple benefits like less post-operative pain, Early discharge from the hospital, faster recovery, no blood loss, fewer chances of getting infection after surgery, and resuming daily activities very quickly.
Prevention Of Neurological Disorders:
1. Few events like accidents, trauma, burns, and injuries are not under control but still, neurological disorders could be controlled and prevented by the following –
2. Regular exercises like cycling and brisk walking are important to maintain blood flow and keep the body fit and healthy.
3. Control your lifestyle disorders like High blood pressure, Diabetes by regular monitoring for the same respectively.
4. Keep a check on alcohol intake.
5. Completely avoid smoking or chewing tobacco.
6. A healthy, fiber-rich diet like fruits and vegetables regularly maintains a healthy body thus the nervous system and its function.
Keep yourself hydrated with an intake of plenty of water and fresh fruit juices.
Final note – India is one of the most demanding countries for neurosurgery to get the best and most affordable Neurosurgery treatment costs in India with no waiting list as a bonus. Consult your medical practitioner on time for the right diagnosis and treatment of neurological diseases.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the most common reasons for neurosurgery?
A: Brain tumors, blood clots, aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations, spinal issues, and peripheral nerve tumors and entrapments are the most prevalent problems our patients face.
Q: What tests are required before brain surgery?
A: CT or MRI scans
A day or two before surgery, you may have a specific MRI or CT scan of your brain. This is known as a WAND MRI or CT scan. The scan will be taken after little, spherical stickers (fiducials) are applied around your head.
Q: What do you wear on your head after the brain surgery?
A: You will need to wear a specific helmet after the surgery. This is to safeguard the part of your head that is no longer protected by the skull bone. After a few months, you may need a cranioplasty, which is a type of follow-up surgery.
Q: What should I avoid after the brain surgery?
A: After a moderate traumatic brain injury, choose complex carbs like whole-grain bread and pasta, as well as whole fruits (not dry or canned). However, you should limit your intake of carbohydrate-rich foods like bread, rice, cookies, and sugary candies.
Q: What are the side effects after the brain surgery?
A: Aphasia is another immediate side effect that might occur after surgery (difficulty speaking), swelling in the brain, delirium or confusion.
The following are the most serious long-term hazards associated with brain surgery Behavior problems.
- Damage to the brain.
- Walking is difficult.
- Memory loss is a common problem.
- Speech difficulties.
- You feel weak in your arms or legs.