Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Cost in Turkey
People nowadays prefer to seek medical care in Turkey, which is one of the world’s cheapest medical destinations. Because of escalating surgery expenses in western countries such as Europe, North America, the United States, the United Kingdom, Singapore, and others, this preference has become possible.
What is Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery?
Plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons is performed to alter your appearance. It may entail reshaping the body’s contour and structure, smoothing wrinkles, or removing balding spots for some. Varicose vein treatment or breast augmentation may be chosen by others. Men and women can pick from a variety of cosmetic surgery techniques to create an image that helps them feel more confident and comfortable with their appearance.
Despite the fact that cosmetic procedures are rarely covered by health insurance, the number of people opting for cosmetic plastic surgery continues to rise. Breast augmentation, liposuction, nose reshaping, eyelid surgery, stomach tuck, and facelift are the most popular cosmetic procedures.
Why do individuals choose Turkey for Cosmetic Surgery?
- Cosmetic surgery is a type of plastic surgery that aims to improve a person’s physical appearance and boost their self-esteem.
- People are turning to Turkish cosmetic surgeons and doctors for cosmetic surgery because of the low costs and close proximity.
- Turkish surgeons and dermatologists have earned a high reputation among their patients after years of hard work and effort, and are now expanding their patient service and care globally. Hundreds of patients travel to Turkey each year for face aesthetics. According to recent studies, both men and women are becoming more interested in this topic.
Turkey is one of the top three countries for cosmetic treatment, according to a Global Report.
Turkey is becoming a cosmetic surgery hotspot due to the following factors:
- Cost of Treatment: Surgery in Turkey is 90% less expensive than in other nations. Patients from the United States, the United Kingdom, and Europe find medical treatment in Turkey to be less expensive than in other western countries.
- Frequent Inspections: Medical bodies such as the International Medical Association and the Turkish Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery inspect Turkish hospitals and clinics on a regular basis (TSAPS). These medical groups inspect clinics on a regular basis for cleanliness, doctor certification, accreditation certification, and other factors.
- Lodging, Food, and Other Basic Amenities: The cost of living in Turkey, including accommodation, food, transportation, and sight-seeing, is fairly low for medical tourists. Many hotels and restaurants provide budget-friendly, elegant rooms as well as multi-cuisine food to suit your needs. Also, if someone wishes to explore the city following the treatment, there are a variety of affordable options of transportation.
- Medical Equipment Made in Turkey: Because Turkey prefers to manufacture goods and products in the country rather than importing them, this approach results in lower medical care and surgery costs. Turkey sells its products and things at a considerably greater price to support this ideology. This results in increased manufacturing and decreased imports.
- Implants of the highest quality: There are a variety of cosmetic operations that need surgeons to place implants in the body, such as breast augmentation. In such circumstances, doctors make sure to use high-quality implants that come with a lifetime warranty.
- Purchasing Power Parity Differences: While Europe and the United States each manufacture their own medical products, surgical prices remain high. One of the things that contribute to the process is domestic manufacture. The equation is straightforward when purchasing power parity (PPP) changes are taken into account. According to PPP, if the manufactured items are the same, the countries’ purchasing power should be the same as well.
What are the Benefits of Cosmetic Surgery in Turkey?
If one feels compelled to rectify a flaw in their lips, eyes, or any other body part, cosmetic surgery is an alternative. Your nose, for example, can transform your appearance from ordinary to stunning. In fact, your nose can be the most appealing or the most vulnerable to criticism or appraisal. In such scenarios, rhinoplasty is a common surgical procedure to remedy the problem. This is true in other situations as well, such as facelifts, buttlifts, breast augmentation, and so on. So, how did Turkey become such a popular destination for plastic surgery? The following is the explanation:
- Cost-effective: In the recent decade, the demand for cosmetic surgery has tremendously increased. Many people are discouraged from seeking treatment because of the ‘expense.’ For example, rhinoplasty in the United States costs between $5,000 and $10,000, which is more than twice as much as in Turkey. In Turkey, the cost of rhinoplasty ranges from $2,000 to $2,500. This disparity does not impact the quality of medical care in any way.
- A Memorable Experience: In addition to cost-effective therapy, Turkey provides an amazing experience in which you can undergo a long-awaited makeover. By seeing new places and creating stories about your journey, you can recover from your physical issues and rebuild a better self with Turkish culture. Plastic surgery is an experience that aids in the removal of emotional barriers, insecurities, and the development of a more powerful version of yourself. Traveling and touring the country after surgery is the only way to get this kind of experience. This is one of the reasons why individuals consider cosmetic surgery in Turkey.
- Privacy: Cosmetic surgery is a process that involves a significant bodily alteration, thus patients prefer to be alone during this time. There’s no shame in undergoing extensive physical changes as a result of cosmetic surgery, but it does not mean you have to be in the spotlight to talk about it. Getting treatment in a foreign country allows you to heal in privacy. However, if you are travelling alone for medical care, you should consider staying at the hospital until you have recovered. In addition, after the first few weeks of operation, the hospital authorities will not allow you to stay alone.
If you’re looking for a low-cost option, plastic and cosmetic surgery in Turkey is a great choice because it respects your privacy and offers a wide range of medical tourism possibilities.
How do you find the appropriate hospital and surgeon for cosmetic surgery in Turkey?
Because cosmetic surgery is such a significant shift in your life, it is important to find a skilled, experienced surgeon in this field. In addition to the ‘cost’ element and the surgeon’s experience, selecting the right facility is critical. The following is a list of things to consider when making your decision:
- Examine the clinic’s accreditations, such as Joint Commission International (JCI) and other similar organizations.
- Check to see if the clinic has been certified by the Turkish Ministry of Health and if it adheres to strict sanitary guidelines.
- Check to see if the clinic belongs to any Turkish or international medical organizations.
- Check to see if the facility offers a free consultation to help patients make the best selection possible. Also, make sure the clinic is not greedy with money and does not require any upfront payments. During your hospitalization, you must pay for the operation when you arrive at the clinic.
- While you are being treated at the clinic, the treatment center must give you medical help and care 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in a comfortable environment.
- The surgeon must also be board qualified and recognized by international professional organizations such as the Turkish Medical Association, Turkish Society of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (TPRCD), and Turkish Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery.
Cosmetic surgeons in Turkey are skilled at performing a variety of procedures depending on the patient’s needs.
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Cost in Turkey
On average, the Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Cost in Turkey starts from 1500 USD .
The cost of cosmetic surgery, in addition to follow-up visits, lodging, and cosmetic surgery treatment, is fully dependent on the type of cosmetic surgery. Depending on the surgeon’s experience and other factors, it varies from clinic to clinic. Turkey, on the other hand, is well-known for aesthetic procedures, with surgical procedures costing 90% less than in other western countries.
What are the possible types of cosmetic treatments that are accessible in Turkey?
Various cosmetic surgical treatments and procedures may be included in Cosmetic Surgery in Turkey. These surgical operations are not only for those who want to improve their physical features, such as their face, abdomen, breasts, and buttocks, but also for people who have been harmed in accidents, trauma, sports or have genetic problems, among other things.
The following are some of the most common cosmetic procedures:
- Surgery on the Eyelids
- Surgery on the Nose
- Implants on the face
- Breast augmentation
- Reduction of Breast Size
- Surgery on the Ears
- Breast augmentation
- Chemical Peel
- Hip Replacement
- Tummy Tuck Surgery
In Turkey, there are other cosmetic surgery hospitals. The cost of treatment varies depending on the hospital and medical facilities available.
What are the precautions to take before and after cosmetic surgery?
Because cosmetic surgery has an impact on your physical appearance, care must be taken both before and after the procedure. The following precautions can be taken up:
- No Cosmetics
- Healthy Diet
- Consume Aloe Vera Juice
- Stay Indoor
As conclusion, cosmetic surgery in Turkey is a viable alternative option. In addition, visitors can see various towns, ancient monuments, and Turkish culture, as well as enjoy the country’s wonderful hospitality.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why are cosmetic procedures cheaper in Turkey?
A: The growing demand for procedures can be attributed to a number of factors, the most important of which are the country’s abundance of well-educated, talented, and experienced plastic surgeons, as well as the fact that these procedures are performed at a much lower cost than in the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe.
Q: At what age can you get plastic surgery in Turkey?
A: In Turkey, women must be 17 years old and men must be 18 years old to get plastic surgery. Any plastic surgery can be performed at a younger age in extraordinary cases where a child’s health or growth is compromised, albeit revision surgery may be required.
Q: How painful is top surgery?
A: You may experience pain for the first few days, especially while moving or coughing, as well as discomfort for a week or more. To alleviate the pain, your surgeon will prescribe medication.
Q: How long is recovery for top surgery?
A: It could take 1-2 weeks before you feel ready to return to work or school. Those who work in physically demanding jobs may need to wait up to 4-6 weeks. Pushing yourself before you’re ready can result in recovery difficulties.
Q: Does medical aid cover cosmetic surgery?
A: Skin malignancies and, more commonly, suspicious skin lesions that need to be removed are covered by medical aids. Cosmetic plastic surgery is not covered by medical insurance.
Harbiye Mahallesi Mim Kemal Öke Caddesi Kristal Apt D:No:17 Kat:2 Istanbul 34367 Turkey
Established in : 1970
Number of Beds :
27 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
Established in : 1898
Number of Beds : 525
Avrupa Ofis, Kat:8, Ataköy 7-8-9-10, E-5, Yan Yol Cd 34158 Bakırköy/İstanbul
Established in : 2014
Number of Beds :
25 years of experience
20 years of experience
Head of Department MBBS, MS, FRCS
22 years of experience
New Delhi, India