Aortic Valve Replacement Cost in India
- The estimated Aortic Valve Replacement Cost in India ranges between USD 5200 to USD 6100
- The success rate is about 94% to 97% because of the use of new technology and developments in the medical sector. In complicated cases, using TAVI (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement) has further improved the success rate, especially in cases where surgical correction is contraindicated.
- Tests needed for the identification of valve damage include transesophageal echo (TEE) echocardiography (ECHO), ECG, chest X-ray, cardiac catheterization, stress checking, or cardiac MRI.
More about Aortic Valve Replacement
An Aortic Valve Replacement is a type of open-heart surgery used to treat aortic valve problems in the heart. It requires removing and repairing a defective or damaged valve. The damaged valve is removed during this surgery and is replaced with an artificial valve. The removal of the valve is mostly open-heart surgery, and minimally invasive surgery or catheter procedure may be necessary in a few cases.
- Aortic stenosis: obstructing the flow of blood out of the heart as the opening of the valve becomes narrower.
- Aortic Regurgitation: When the valve is leaky, aortic regurgitation allows blood to flow back into the heart.
Recommended Read: Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery
Diagnosis Tests to be Performed
- The principal test for diagnosing heart valve disease is echocardiography (echo).
- Transesophageal Echo, or TEE, to give your heart a better picture.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) for the detection of irregular heartbeat and prior heart attack symptoms.
- Chest X ray-to see if the heart or lung fluid or heart calcium depositors are swollen.
- Cardiac catheterization, stress monitoring, or cardiac MRI help your doctor determine the seriousness of your condition so that your treatment can be scheduled.
Different Types of Aortic Valve Surgery
- Open Aortic Valve Replacement via Sternotomy, in which surgery replaces the damaged aortic valve.
- The replacement valve is directed into position through the blood vessels rather than through a large incision in the abdomen
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI).
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)
You may also be interested to know about Heart Bypass Surgery CABG Cost in India
Aortic Valve Replacement Cost in India
Starting USD 5200
(Indian Rupees Approx. 3,64,000)
Aortic Valve Replacement Procedure
Before the Procedure
- Normal blood checks and tests to check surgical readiness.
- The patient was informed of the treatment and aftercare.
During the Procedure
- The treatment was carried out under general anesthesia.
- Insertion of the IV line, insertion of the breathing tube, and inserting the catheter in the bladder.
- The surgeon removes the sternum to reveal the pericardium in the center of the chest, then opens the pericardium to expose the heart.
- Tubes are used to channel the blood into a system that takes over the work of the heart and lungs during the procedure, linking the heart to the heart-lung machine.
- The heart is stopped and blood is extracted temporarily, the aortic valve is still and helps the surgeon to see it.
- To see the aortic valve, the surgeon opens the aorta, makes an incision along the edge of the damaged valve, and removes it.
- The surgeon then seals the aorta with stitches, allowing blood to flow into the heart to check the operation of the heart, giving the heart an electrical shock to restart the heart if necessary.
- Temporary surface pacemaker wires to ensure regular heart rhythms.
After the Procedure
- Usually, after removing the aortic valve, you will need to remain in the hospital for about a week.
- For the first day or two after your procedure, you will be held in the intensive care unit (ICU) before transferring to the surgical ward.
- You will be closely monitored for the movement of your heart, lungs, and body functions, wires attached to sensor pads to track your heart rate, blood pressure and blood flow, and the flow of air through your lungs.
- They’ll give you painkillers.
- You would be able to position a tube attached to a ventilator before you can breathe.
- Several tubes and monitors can be connected to you.
- Tiny tubes from your chest to pump out any blood or fluid build-up. Draining tube.
- Pacing wires will be placed near the chest drains, if appropriate, to regulate the heart rate.
Read more here about Aortic Valve Replacement
Factors affecting the cost of Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery
The cost to the patient depends on a number of variables, such as:
- The clinic, the patient prefers
- Bed- For the number of nights mentioned, regular single room, deluxe room, super deluxe room (including nursing fee, meals, room rate, and room service)
- Fees for the doctors’ team and charges for OT
- The cost of medicines
- Normal protocols for examination and diagnosis.
- Cost for the chosen valve
- Cost of the follow-up treatment required following the procedure
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is cardiac anatomy?
The heart is a muscular organ that pumps blood into the body.
It consists of four chambers, the upper two right and left atrium chambers, the lower two right and left ventricles chambers. The atrium connects to the respective ventricle, the right ventricle connects to the pulmonary artery and the left ventricle to the aorta.
Q: Where is the aortic valve and what is its purpose?
- Between the left ventricle and the aorta, the aortic valve is located.
- The aortic valve opens as the heart contracts and blood from the left ventricle is pumped into the aorta.
- The aortic valve closes as the heart relaxes to stop blood from leaking into the left ventricle.
Q: Cusps, what are they?
Cusps are functional components of valves, opening and closing flaps of tissue. There are three cusps of the aortic valve that open widely and close tightly.
Q: What do you understand about the regurgitation of the aortic?
The aortic valve may be leaky and does not close properly, allowing blood to leak back into the ventricle condition known as aortic regurgitation.
Q: What is Stenosis of the Aortic?
The aortic valve does not open enough which restricts blood from the ventricle to the aorta condition called aortic stenosis.
27 Inhang-ro Sinheung-dong Incheon Incheon 400 711 South Korea
Established in : 1996
Number of Beds : 906
M-24, Musaffah, Abu Dhabi Near Village Mall. United Arab Emirates United Arab Emirates
Established in : 2007
Number of Beds : 270
C and D Block, Shalimar Place Site, Shalimar Bagh New Delhi Delhi 110088 India
Established in : 2011
Number of Beds : 400
Senior Consultant , Graduation
35 years of experience
Interventional Cardiologist Senior, Consultant, MD, MBBS
18 years of experience
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, MS
23 years of experience
Dubai , United Arab Emirates