- Dr. Robert is a Paediatric Cardiac Surgeon of high acclaim, practicing successfully for more than 21+ years.
- Dr. Robert Coelho holds the record of performing 6100+ surgeries treating children with congenital and rheumatic heart diseases across 30 countries.
- Dr. Coelho is also known for the first successful Norwood operation in India in 2003, as well as performing the country’s first successful Nikaidoh procedure for TGA / VSD / PS in 2005.
- Dr. Robert Coelho is proficient in performing Neonatal Cardiac Surgery, repair of Complex Cardiac defects, and minimally invasive Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- Dr. also takes interest in research and has several publications to his credit in noted national and international journals.
- After graduating with MBBS, Dr. Robert Coelho pursued MS in General Surgery. Thereafter, he did MCh in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery.
Work Experience Of Dr. Robert Coelho
Senior Consultant, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai
- Congenital Heart Disease,
- Rheumatic Heart Disease,
- Neonatal Cardiac Surgery,
- Nikaidoh procedure for TGA / VSD / PS,
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Aortic Valve Repair
- Aortic Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve
- Aortic Valve replacement - Tissue Valve
- Balloon Valvuloplasty - Aortic
- Biventricular Pacing
- Complex congenital heart surgeriesg
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Treatment
- Coronary Angiogram
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Coronary Artery Surgery
- Device Closure- ASD VSD
- ECMO Support
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Mitral Valve replacement - Mechanical Valve
- Mitral Valve replacement - Tissue Valve
- Neonatal and Infant cardiac surgeries
- PDA Device Closure
- PDA Ligation
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Single Chamber
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Single Ventricle Defects Surgery
- TAPVC - Total Anomalous Pulmonary Venous Connection Repair Arterial Switch
Director , MBBS, MS, DNB, Fellowship
20 years of experience
New Delhi, India
Director , MBBS, MD, DM
31 years of experience