- Apollo Hospitals, Kolkata was established in 2003 and is a perfect combo of technological excellence, infrastructure, competent care, and warm hospitality.
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata is a joint venture of Apollo Group of Hospitals, India, and Parkway Health of Singapore.
- Parkway Group is a leading healthcare group in Asia. It provides more than 71% of private healthcare in Singapore. Its diversion includes Parkway Group Healthcare, which owns a network of regional hospitals and medical centers in Malaysia, India, and Brunei.
- Apollo Hospitals, Kolkata was ranked the best multi-specialty hospital in Kolkata by THE WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013.
- Apollo Cancer Hospital has also introduced Novalis TX with Brain LAB, the revolutionary technology in Radiation Therapy (RT). This technology has the advantage of maximizing tumor destruction while minimizing damage to normal tissues.
- The other important facilities offered include IGRT THERAPY, IMRT THERAPY, Comprehensive Brachytherapy by image 4D-CRT, and Knifeless Surgery of Brain by Radiosurgery, all these for the first time in Eastern India.
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata is the only hospital in Eastern India to be accredited with the Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation, the international benchmark for quality care.
- Apollo Hospitals, Kolkata has launched India’s first Cellvizio System.
- It has conducted the first-ever Reverse Shoulder Prosthesis Replacement in East India.
- Apollo Hospitals, Kolkata has performed the first successful critical neurosurgery on a child patient suffering from a critical cyst similar to a second head. The eight-month-old child was born with a rare and unheard condition of Encephalomeningocele. This surgery was the first of its kind in the entire country.
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital is the first in Eastern India to organize a live workshop on CARTO or Electrophysiology Mapping Technique.
- This hospital is also recognized for performing the first-ever cadaver transplant in Eastern India.
Read More – Neurosurgery Cost in India
Team And Specialties
Click to Expand
- The ophthalmologic department has a well-trained clinical excellence team, which has successfully carried out over 1000 eye surgeries within the first year of its inception.
- The oncology department has one of the most advanced treatment options available,Novalis Tx radiosurgery & radiotherapy.
- They have a 100 bedded cancer unit including, 50 bedded surgical unit in the main hospital.
Click to Expand
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospital is a 800 bedded hospital.
- The Food and Beverage Department of Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals (AGH), Kolkata is the First F & B Department of any Hospital in India to get the coveted ISO 22000:2005 - HACCP certification. It is certified by British Standards Institution (BSIUK).
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata has been the 1st hospital in Eastern India to:
- Launch 64-Slice CT Angio Scan- the non-surgical test to assess the coronary health and predict heart diseases.
- Launch MRI with PET technology,
- Introduce Radio Frequency Ablation for gastrointestinal malignancies.
- Introduce Narrow Band Imaging (NBI) and Fujinon Intelligent Contrast Enhancement (FICE) - two latest technologies for treatment of gastrointestinal ailments.
- Offer complementary therapies like Panic Healing and Ayurveda.
- Introduce 3-D mapping in Electrophysiology Study - essential for treatment of cardiac arrhythmia.
- Have a dedicated unit for day care surgeries.
- To implant Dual Chamber ICD- latest gadget to prevent Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD).
- Introduce Integrated Psychometric testing Unit.
Click to Expand
Kolkata, West Bengal
Contact Doctor Now
Click to Expand
COMFORT DURING STAY
TV in room, Private rooms, Free Wifi, Phone in Room, Mobility accessible rooms, Family accommodation, Laundry, Welcome Package, Safe in the room, Nursery / Nanny services, Dry cleaning, Personal assistance / Concierge, Religious facilities, Fitness centre, Spa and wellness, Beauty salon, Café, Business centre services, Shop, Dedicated smoking areas, Special offer for group stays, Parking available
Health insurance coordination, Medical travel insurance, Foreign currency exchange, ATM, Credit Card, Debit Card, Netbanking
Diet on Request, Restaurant, International Cuisine
Medical records transfer, Online doctor consultation, Rehabilitation, Pharmacy, Document legalisation, Post operative followup
Interpreter, Translation services
Airport pickup, Local tourism options, Local transportation booking, Visa / Travel office, Car Hire, Private driver / Limousine services, Shopping trip organization, Air ambulance
Top Doctors in Kolkata
Consultant , MBBS, DM, DNB
Experience: 16 years of experience
AMRI Hospital, Kolkata