Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Turkey
Gynecomastia is a condition characterized by an increase in male breast tissue and fat. This condition commonly develops when a person’s hormones begin to fluctuate. Adolescent Gynecomastia usually improves on its own. Breast tissue growth is commonly linked to excessive weight gain in adolescent boys. Older men may also be subjected to a similar circumstance. In addition, drug use and various systemic diseases can cause this condition. Prior to surgery, the surgeon will explain what results can be explained and which surgical techniques are suitable for Gynecomastia Surgery in Turkey.
The cost of gynecomastia surgery in Turkey varies depending on a variety of factors, as well as from one hospital to the next and according to the doctor’s experience.
What is Gynecomastia Surgery?
Gynecomastia surgery in Turkey, also known as Male Breast Reduction surgery, is performed to restore the normal shape and size of the male breast. Gynecomastia is a medical term for abnormally enlarged breasts in men, and it refers to the enlargement of excess breast tissue. Gynecomastia can develop throughout puberty and disappear on its own, or it might persist and require surgery.
Gynecomastia Surgery can be done in three ways. Typically, surgeons do individually one or combined of the following procedures:
Liposuction: A liposuction is a procedure to remove excess fat from the male breast and is commonly used to treat gynecomastia. The treatment of glandular gynecomastia with liposuction is not so effective.
Excision: The excision of glandular tissue and skin is done during gynecomastia surgery. The nipple can also be repositioned with this procedure.
Mastectomy: During this treatment, the breast gland tissue is removed. During surgery, small incisions are frequently used. This type of surgery is less invasive and takes less time to recover from. It requires removing all of the affected breast tissue, as well as the nipple, the glands in your armpit, and some portion of the muscle beneath your breast.
Who is a Good Candidate for Gynecomastia Surgery?
There are various requirements for a man to be a good candidate for gynecomastia surgery. The following people are suitable candidates for this procedure:
- Men who have not been able to control their gynecomastia with alternative therapies
- Individuals who are in good health and do not have any serious diseases or chronic disorders that could block their recovery
- Nonsmokers and drug-free individuals
- A person who has a clear mindset and a specific goal for dealing with the physical consequences of gynecomastia.
- Individuals with a healthy BMI and who are physically active.
- Those who have consistent breast growth and reasonable expectations.
Why do People Choose Turkey for Gynecomastia Surgery?
In the field of medical tourism, Turkey is becoming a leading light. It is also a desirable location for medical visitors due to its touristic and historical aspects. Turkey has gone to the top of the list for medical treatment and vacation at the same time, defeating Germany, Israel, and India.
Male breast reduction surgery is a simple, minimally invasive technique with excellent results. Gynecomastia, like any other cosmetic surgery procedure, requires thorough examination and diagnosis by the plastic surgeon. After all, the success rate of cosmetic surgery in Turkey is greatly dependent on the skill and experience of the operating surgeon.
Male breast reduction in Turkey is an excellent choice for men with enlarged breasts, thanks to the country’s highly educated surgeons and cutting-edge technology. Because the country also has a low male breast reduction cost, patients can get the most out of their treatments.
Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Turkey
Gynecomastia Surgery Cost in Turkey starts from USD 2500.
When compared to pricing in the UK and USA, male breast reduction surgery in Turkey is less expensive. Nevertheless, the procedure is performed to a high standard by a professional medical team.
How Gynecomastia Surgery is Performed?
Liposuction, excision, and mastectomy (surgical tissue removal) are all options for gynecomastia surgery in Turkey or a combination of any two approaches.
Two weeks before the procedure, your surgeon will ask you to stop using any aspirin-containing products or blood thinner-containing prescriptions. You will be asked to quit smoking at least four weeks before surgery if you are a smoker, as nicotine can damage and delay healing.
In general, the Liposuction procedure entails the following steps:
- For the procedure, you’ll be put under general anesthesia. However, in some cases, the surgeon may recommend a local anesthetic with sedation.
- Only little incisions for liposuction may be used if your gynecomastia procedure only involves the removal of fatty tissue. However, slightly larger incisions will be made along the natural skin fold to remove glandular tissue.
- The surgeon will carefully remove extra fat and tissue through the incisions. Liposuction and direct excision methods are widely used in gynecomastia surgery.
- Excess fat will be removed by liposuction from incisions made by the surgeon within the ligamentous borders or beneath the breast. The chest will also be reshaped with liposuction.
- The incisions will be closed with internal and external stitches after the surgery. They may place temporary drain tubes beneath the skin in the incision sites to collect excess fluid.
You will need to wear a compression garment for a few weeks to tighten the curves. The drain pipes and incisions will be removed one to ten days after the procedure.
The procedure of Excision involves the following steps:
- This surgery is usually required for patients who have stretched and sagging skin around their breasts.
- Local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia is administered.
- Depending on the target locations, incisions are performed on either side of the chest
- In comparison to liposuction, a greater amount of glandular tissue or skin is removed from the incisions.
- A drainage system is installed.
- The incisions are stitched and sutures are used to seal them.
What are the Risks and Side effects of Gynecomastia Surgery?
The following are some of the risks associated with gynecomastia surgery:
- The risk of anesthesia
- Excessive bleeding
- A buildup of fluid
- Chronic discomfort
- The healing process is poor.
- Stitch materials or injectable agents can all cause reactions.
- Unacceptable scarring
- Breast abnormalities in terms of shape and outline
- It’s possible to have short- or long-term changes in nipple or chest sensations.
- Internal organs like neurons, blood vessels, tendons, and the lungs can be harmed, and the damage might be temporary or permanent.
- Blood clots, as well as cardiovascular and bronchial problems
- Oily breast tissue has a higher risk of deterioration.
How Recovery from Male Breast Reduction Surgery is done?
- During the first few days after surgery, your surgeon is likely to prescribe you a few pain relievers.
- After the treatment, the drainage tubes can be withdrawn right away or kept in place for a day or two.
- Any signs of irritation or redness should be reported as soon as possible because they could indicate an infection.
- After the surgery, you will be relieved of pain by using cold packs.
- To keep pressure on the chest and avoid fluid accumulation in the breast cavity, you may be given chest binding apparel.
- After one week, you should be able to return to work.
- You can gradually resume exercising or as directed by the surgeon.
- To avoid infection, you should take sponge baths until the wound heals completely.
- To avoid the collection of fluid in the breast cavity, keep your arms high.
Share your medical reports with us at MedsurgeIndia.com to get more precise quotes from a hospital of your choice. Our team will help you to connect with the appropriate professionals and provide you with a cost estimate as well as information regarding the treatment.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is gynecomastia a safe surgery?
A: Gynecomastia surgery is generally very safe, and the majority of patients recover without any problems. Complications can happen even when the patient and surgeon pay the utmost attention to safety.
Q: How much time is required for gynecomastia surgery?
A: Gynecomastia surgery is done as an outpatient procedure under general anesthetic. Depending on how much tissue needs to be removed, the treatment typically takes an hour or two to complete.
Q: Is gynecomastia treated by medication?
A: When used in doses of 10–20 mg twice day, the oestrogen antagonist tamoxifen is useful for treating recent-onset and painful gynecomastia. Up to 80% of patients claim partial or full remission. Before being recommended to a surgeon, tamoxifen is routinely prescribed for three months.
Q: Is it true that gynecological surgery leaves scars?
A: Despite the fact that certain scars may be hidden by the breast’s natural shapes, all gynecomastia surgery scars are permanent. Whether you’re wearing a shirt and tie, a t-shirt, or baring your chest at the beach, your better upper body will probably increase your self-image and confidence.
Q: Why do I have a hard chest after having gynecomastia surgery?
A: If the surgery’s results were originally excellent and there were no lumps to be felt, then the development of these lumps (often as soon as two weeks after surgery) is typically the buildup of scar tissue. It is possible that extra tissue was not removed if the lumps were palpable immediately following the procedure and have never decreased.