AICD Implantation Cost in India
- The AICD implantation in India costs between USD 14000 into USD 19000.
- The achievement rate of AICD Implantation is over 98%. The complications could arise because of harm to blood vessels, stroke or heart disease, or kidney cells.
- The patient must stay 5 days in the hospital and 9 times beyond the hospital.
- Tests demanded before AICD Implantation are Heart tracking, ECG findings, Echocardiogram, CT Scan, MRI, and Chest X-Ray.
Insertion of AICD generally advocated in:
- Patients with ventricular tachycardia
- Patients who have had a severe myocardial infarction
- Patients with congestive heart failure
Want to know more about AICD Implantation? Click Here.
AICD Implantation Cost in India
( Indian Rupees Approx. 9,36,000 )
Throughout the AICD process:
- The action of the heart is always monitored by ECG, all crucial parameters are stored under check.
- The direct wire is inserted through the blood vessel with the support of an introducer and advanced into the center.
- There might be one, two, or three guide wires inserted based on the device function demanded.
- After introducing a single end of the guide wires to the center another is on the generator.
- The first testing of AICD is performed because of its own functioning and suitable positioning.
- After studying, the Generator comprising the battery and also the mini-computer is put beneath the skin via an incision generally from the left upper torso.
- The incision is then closed and a dressing is implemented to keep it disease-free.
Following the AICD Process:
- The individual has been kept under observation till blood pressure along with other vital signs is stable.
- The incision website will probably be tender, and painful for a couple of days, and will need painkillers for relief.
- Care ought to be taken to avoid infection by maintaining the incision site clean and dry.
- The individual must avoid strenuous physical activity and lifting heavy weights or whatever puts pressure on muscles of the arm and chest for several weeks.
Precautions using AICD Implantation
- The patient should always take the AICD card
- Prevent keeping the cellular phone on the aspect of AICD insertion because it might temporarily hamper together with the Use of the device.
- Permit the health doctor to know you’ve got an AICD as particular diagnoses like MRI needs to be averted, however recently MR-conditional ICD is being released.
- Don’t use a heating pad right over AICD.
- Avoid bodily harm to the torso close to the AICD insertion, it can hamper the performance of this device.
- The moment the patient receives an AICD jolt, he must get in contact with the consulting physician.
- If an individual feels constant tachycardia (rapid heartbeat ) for over two minutes that he must immediately contact the physician.
- Occasionally AICD will set off a safety alarm it’s then needed to describe AICD insertion and reveal the health card to the safety.
- Since AICD is a life-saving apparatus, it’s compulsory to go for routine screening to assess if the unit is working correctly and also the battery lifetime.
Analysis of AICD implantation
Normally a diagnosis of AICD condition is based on outcomes of:
- Heart monitoring
- ECG findings
- CT, MRI, chest X-Ray correlated with clinical examination
Factors affecting the cost of AICD implantation:
The price to the individual Is Dependent upon a number of variables such as:
- The hospital, the individual selects
- Price of this unit
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, super living room for the number of nights defined (such as nursing charge, meals, room rate, and room service)
- The fee to your group of physicians
- Regular test and diagnostic processes
- The price of this follow—up care is needed after the procedure.
Read More – Heart Valve Replacement Surgery Cost in India
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s your regular heartbeat and how can it be controlled?
A: The typical heartbeat in the rest is 60-80/minutes. The heart rhythm is controlled with the stimulation produced by the SA(sinoatrial) node that’s situated in the ideal atrium of the heart.
Q: What is ventricular fibrillation?
A: In ventricular fibrillation heart rhythm increases to 240/min since the stimulation is no longer controlled, the heart beats extremely fast and so so inefficient the blood stops circulating. Ventricular fibrillation is a life-threatening illness and may result in cardiac arrest and sudden death in patients.
Q: How can AICD work?
A: AICD is a life-saving apparatus, AICD may discover and correct abnormal quickly rhythms. This apparatus continuously monitors the heart rhythm, and it remains dormant once the heart is working normally but When paths an abnormally rapid heartbeat it transmits little low voltage electric shocks to the heart that adjusts abnormal rhythm (anti Tachycardia pacing ). Sometimes low power shock is sent to restore normal rhythm (Cardioversion) and in several cases, a high energy jolt Once the heart is beating dangerously fast (Defibrillation )
Q: Which are the elements of AICD?
A: AICD Contains:
- A generator that has a Battery and miniature computer and can be inserted beneath the skin in the upper left torso.
- Leads or insulated wires that are attached one end into the generator and the other to the perfect chambers of the center.
Q: How long does the battery of AICD last?
A: Battery of AICD lasts for approximately 6-10 years based on its use, following the battery life is over the whole apparatus then has to be substituted but the prospects might be reused.
Q: What’s the distinction between AICD and pacemaker?
A: AICD can send electric impulses either low or high to fix the abnormal heart rhythm, whereas the pacemaker is only going to have the ability to send low electricity instincts So, in cases of sudden cardiac arrest, where large energy impulses(jolt ) are expected to reestablish the heartbeat, AICD is required and may be lifesaving.
27 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
Established in : 1898
Number of Beds : 525
Consultant , MBBS
10 years of experience
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Senior Consultant , MBBS
20 years of experience
New Delhi, India
Consultant , MD, MBBS,
30 years of experience Chennai , India