Breast Cancer Treatment in Gurgaon
Breast cancer refers to the particular type of cancer that arises from the breast tissue and affects the mammary glands as well as other nearby muscles. The development of lumps, thickening of the skin around the nipples, pain, skin irritability, dimpling of the breast, and occasionally bleeding or pus discharge are early signs of breast cancer. A number of options are available for breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and targeted drug therapy. The location and size of the tumor, the study results of your lab tests, and whether cancer has spread to other parts of your body all play a major role in determining the best course of the treatment plan.
Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in Gurgaon is quite affordable. The state is recognized for offering high-quality, affordable medical care. The greatest facilities are accessible with reasonable healthcare packages, premium medical tools, and the assurance of first-rate medical professionals for people traveling for Breast Cancer Treatment in Gurgaon.
What Is Breast Cancer
Your breast tissue is where breast cancer begins. When breast cells mutate (change) and proliferate out of control, a mass of tissue(tumor) is formed. Breast cancer has the ability to spread and grow into the tissue surrounding your breast, just like other cancers do. It may also spread to other regions of your body and develop into new tumors. This condition is known as metastasis.
The second most common cancer in women after skin cancer is breast cancer. Although it can happen at any age, breast cancer is most commonly detected in adults over the age of 50.
Types of Breast Cancer
- Infiltrating (invasive) ductal carcinoma
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Infiltrating (invasive) lobular carcinoma
- Lobular carcinoma in situ
- Triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC)
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Paget’s disease of the breast
In most cases, when we refer to “breast cancer,” we mean cancers that develop in milk ducts or lobules. Other breast regions are also susceptible to developing cancer, though less frequently. These may consist of:
- Angiosarcoma: This uncommon form of cancer starts in the cells that line blood vessels or lymphatic vessels.
- Phyllodes tumors: which begin in the connective tissue, are uncommon. They are typically benign (noncancerous), but occasionally they can be malignant (cancerous).
Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in Gurgaon
Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in Gurgaon is comparatively low as compared with other states in India. In terms of quality and standard, the level of medical care and services is comparable to that of the best hospitals in the world. Even after accounting for travel, hotel, and food expenses, Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in Gurgaon starts from USD 3900.
As there are a number of variables that affect Breast cancer treatment cost in Gurgaon, this includes the type of treatment, the method employed, as well as the hospital and location of choice, the doctor’s qualifications, and so on. For this reason alone, many people come from all over the world for medical care in India for a variety of reasons, such as the Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in Gurgaon being much lower compared to other countries which is by far the most important.
How Breast Cancer Treatment in Gurgaon is Done
Mammography and biopsy are the most frequently used procedures to diagnose breast cancer. Self-examination should always be done as a preventive measure to look for any lumps or hardness in the armpit or breast area. Based on the type of breast cancer you have, its stage and grade, size, and whether the cancer cells are hormone-sensitive, the best doctor for breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon will decide on the best course of treatment for you. Your overall health and personal preferences are also taken into account by your doctor. The different procedure involved to treat breast cancer includes :
- Surgery: To remove tumors from the body, oncologists use one of the following types of surgery:
- Mastectomy: This procedure removes the entire breast with a tumor, and spares the skin.
- Lumpectomy/Breast Conservation Surgery: The removal of a lump around the breast with a 1 cm axillary lymph clearance.
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery: Following cancer-related treatments, reconstructive surgery helps to correct deformities and return to normal function. It seeks to achieve the best results for treatment-related damage repair. It occurs simultaneously with or following mastectomy or lumpectomy.
- Radiation Therapy: High-energy waves are used to kill cancer cells. For the treatment of breast cancer, advanced radiation therapy includes Single Dose Intra-operative Radiation Therapy (IORT) and 3DConformal Partial Breast Irradiation (CPBI)
- Chemotherapy: The use of powerful drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Hormone Therapy: Utilizing hormonal medications, such as estrogens, to stop hormones from promoting the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy: In this type of therapy cancer-specific genes, proteins, or the tissue environment that support the growth and survival of the disease are the targets.
- Immunotherapy: This treatment uses drugs to activate the body’s defense mechanisms or immune system to eliminate cancer.
Along with surgery or radiation, a patient may also receive chemotherapy, hormone therapy, or targeted therapy. During other forms of treatment, this strategy aids in the elimination of cancer cells that were left behind.
Several factors that could influence the cost of breast cancer treatment in New Gurgaon include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Admission Fee
- Age of the Patient
- The type of breast cancer surgery that will be carried out
- Overall Health of the Patient
- Postoperative challenges that are involved
- The Type of Admission Room Patient Opted
- Any Additional Laboratory or Examination Tests, including an X-ray, an ECG, etc.
- Breast cancer treatment cost in Gurgaon can depend on the type of hospital and rooms you stay.
What Is the Success Rate of Breast Cancer Treatment in Gurgaon
If breast cancer is detected early, the success rate of breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon is 85%. which indicates that 80% of patients have a 5-year survival rate after treatment. Malignant cancer, which affects more women than men, is more prevalent in this type of cancer.
The survival rates are only estimates, so keep that in mind. They are unable to estimate your life expectancy or predict how well your treatment will work. Speak to your healthcare provider if you have specific questions about breast cancer survival rates.
Best Hospitals for Breast Cancer Treatment in Gurgaon
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
What to Look for When Choosing a Hospital For Breast Cancer Treatment in Gurgaon?
Indian hospitals that perform surgery for cancer are well-known for their hospitality and patient care services providing the finest hospital and oncologist. However, choosing a suitable hospital for treating breast cancer treatment in Gurgaon can be difficult for an international patient. It is a significant decision that must be made with several factors in mind, including:
- Quality certificates and accreditations
- Hospital and transportation facility location
- Team of doctors and surgeons
- Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment
- International patient assistance
How Can Medsurge India Help
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Are the Five Different Breast Cancer Treatment Options?
A: There are generally five treatment options available, and the majority of treatment regimens combine surgery, radiation, hormone therapy, chemotherapy, and targeted therapies. Some are regional, only focusing on the tumor’s immediate vicinity. Others are systemic and target every cell in your body to fight cancer.
Q: Is It Possible to Cure Breast Cancer?
A: Fortunately, breast cancer can be effectively treated if detected early. The majority of the time, localized cancer (cancer that hasn’t spread beyond your breast) can be treated before it spreads. Treatment becomes more challenging once cancer spreads. It frequently has years of disease control.
Q: How Quickly Does Breast Cancer Spread?
A: Each division takes approximately 1 to 2 months, implying that a detectable tumor has been growing in the body for 2 to 5 years. In general, the more cells divide, the larger the tumor grows.
Q: Do You Need Chemotherapy If You Have Stage 1 Breast Cancer?
A: Chemotherapy is rarely used to treat stage 1 breast cancer. If there is a high risk of cancer returning after surgery (called adjuvant therapy), it may be offered (recur).
Q: Is Breast Cancer Surgery Risky?
A: Surgical treatment is the cornerstone of breast cancer management. The complication rate after breast surgical procedures is thought to be low. Breast surgical procedures are said to have a mortality rate of less than 1%.
You May Looking for
Experience: 27 years of experience
HCG Cancer Centre, Ahmedabad
Experience: 40 years of experience
Experience: 24 years of experience
HCG Cancer Centre, Ahemdabad