Ankle Replacement Surgery Cost in India
- The estimated cost of ankle replacement surgery cost in India is approximately USD 6500.
- The cost of care varies from case to case and a specialist examination is recommended to assess the appropriate treatment procedure/approach. The cost & quality of care, including the treatment process, the room category, and many other factors, are also influenced by several external factors.
- Compared to other countries, especially those in the Western and Middle East regions, ankle replacement costs in India are significantly lower. This is why, for ankle replacement surgery, India is considered one of the top destinations.
More about Ankle Replacement Surgery in India
From every angle, ankle replacement in India is affordable. The cost of living in the world is comparatively less, apart from the affordable cost of ankle replacement surgery in India. Cheap lodging, local travel options, and other facilities in India can be easily found by patients from abroad. This lowered the total costs during their stay in India that the patient could bear.
The availability of the best ankle replacement surgeons in India at the same cost is another explanation of why patients choose to come to the country, aside from the low ankle replacement costs in India. When it comes to this delicate operation, their expertise and experience are one of the best in the world. The physiotherapy that occurs after the procedure also plays a key role in the successful operation, and some of the best physiotherapists are also considered to be housed in India.
Recommended Read: Ankle Replacement Surgery
Factors Affecting the Cost of Ankle Replacement Surgery in India
- The type of implant selected is the most important factor deciding the cost of ankle replacement surgery in India.
- The hospital’s option is also a factor that dictates the final cost. Given their quality of care, hospitals with world-class facilities are bound to cost more than average.
- Before planning your overall budget, the period of stay for your medical trip also needs to be taken into consideration. Although your hospital stay will be included in the package along with one friend, staying outside the hospital (at the hotel/guest house) will be additional, starting at day.
- The category of room type specifies the nursing and meal costs, thus affecting the cost.
- Fees of the Surgeon
- Price of Anesthesia
- Price of supplemental tests or procedures
Note: The cost of care varies from case to case, and in order to decide the best procedure/approach for treatment, a professional review is recommended. The cost & quality of care is often influenced by many external factors, including the form of implant used, room category, implant quality, and many other factors.
For a personalized quote and suggestions, please contact MedsurgeIndia. There are several hospitals offering patients enticing packages. The cost of care, hotel arrangements, local travel transport, visa assistance, and other facilities are also included in these packages.
You may also be interested in: Knee Replacement Surgery Cost in India
Risks and Complications of Ankle Replacement Surgery
Thanks to the availability of some of the best ankle replacement doctors in India, ankle replacement in India is a procedure that has been correlated with an exceptionally high success rate. But like any other operation, after ankle replacement surgery, certain risks and complications can also occur.
The following are some of the major, but uncommon, complications that can occur after ankle replacement surgery:
- Wounds and infection
- Clots of blood
- Injury to nerves or blood vessels
- Fracturing the bone or negligible healing of the bone
- Artificial Joint Dislocation
- The Pain
- An allergic reaction or issues with breathing
Patients should, therefore, always consult the doctor in advance to explain all their questions and fears. In addition, patients should bear in mind that, depending on the precondition of their foot, age, and activity level, the performance of the operation varies from patient to patient.
In those who are older or those who suffer from some other illness, for instance, the healing process can take longer. The length of time for an ankle replacement surgery to remain successful often varies. It only lasts up to ten years in some situations, but it can last longer in others. So to assess the threats and complications, there is no hard and fast rule. The sole thing that can improve is understanding.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the advantages of replacement surgery on the ankle?
A: The key advantages of this surgery for joint replacement are:
- Alleviation of suffering
- Improves the range of ankle motion to make them feel natural
- Support avoid the other joints from being diseases/arthritic near the ankle
- Enable you to return to activities that are low-impact, such as walking, swimming, biking, hiking
Q: How long will the process take?
A: Generally, surgery to repair the ankle can take more than 2 hours. The patient is either under general or spinal anesthesia (with a regional nerve block) and does not feel anything during the operation.
Q: After the treatment, when will I leave the hospital?
A: After the ankle replacement procedure, you will need to remain in the hospital for 1-2 days. A plaster splint or boot may be positioned over the incision prior to the discharge. The doctor will advise you on the directions and measures that must be taken during healing.
Q: When will I be able to do post-surgery walking?
A: For some time, you should not place weight on the operated foot (non-weight bearing period). Many people are able to walk and begin physical therapy in around four to six weeks post-surgery. This is a progressive mechanism and can differ for each individual.
Q: After ankle replacement surgery, will I be able to do physically challenging activities?
A: Yeah. Yes. After a year after surgery, the majority of patients are able to perform low-demand activities such as walking, biking, hiking, and swimming. It should be avoided, however, to take part in high-risk events, such as long-distance running or sports that can have a lot of impact on the ankle. This is because the life expectancy of the replacement joint will be reduced by these practices.
Q: How long does it last for an ankle replacement?
A: 90% of total ankle replacements have remained intact for around 5 years after surgery and 80% for 8 years after surgery, according to recent reports. The lifespan of the reconstruction of the ankle depends on the degree of the ankle joint injury and is considered to be higher in patients with less ankle deformity.
You May Looking for
HOD , MBBS, MS, MCh
Experience: 31 years of experience
VPS Lakeshore Hospital, Kochi