Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia Treatment Cost in India
Acute lymphocytic leukemia, it is also known as acute lymphoblastic leukemia and acute lymphoid leukemia is a type of cancer of the white blood cells (WBC). The unusual gain in the number of white blood cells, also known as lymphoblasts, damage and destroy other healthy cells from the bone marrow. It spreads to other organs also.
Here we record the most often asked advice regarding Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia Treatment. In the event, you have any additional questions or would prefer any additional support, don’t hesitate to write to us.
Classifications of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia:
The subtypes of acute lymphocytic leukemia have been characterized by the Kind of lymphocyte cells influenced and how old they are. Following is your classification of ALL:
B-cell ALL: Healthy B-cell lymphocytes create antibodies. When acute lymphocytic leukemia affects the B-cells and then it’s categorized as B-cell ALL. Types of B-cell ALL are mentioned below:
- Historical pre-B ALL
- Frequent ALL
- Pre-B ALL
- Mature B-cell ALL
T-cell ALL: T-cells are also a kind of lymphocyte that participates in the immune system. The sub-categories of all T-cell ALL are:
- Pre-T ALL
- Mature T-cell ALL
Symptoms of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
Below is a list of the common symptoms of acute lymphocytic leukemia:
- Gum bleeding
- Loss of appetite
- Greater incidence of infections
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Bone pain
- Weakness or feeling tired
- Pale skin
- Swelling of lymph nodes in the throat, abdomen, underarm or groin resulting in lumps
Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia Treatment Cost in India
Starting USD 16,000
Risks of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Previous cancer treatment between radiation treatment or chemotherapy
- For example survivors of atomic reactor accidents.
- Certain blood disorders, such as polycythemia vera, idiopathic myelofibrosis, and many others.
- Syndromes that cause genetic transformation in birth, for example, Down disorder.
- Medical history of this individual’s sibling with ALL.
Diagnosis of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Blood Test to check the blood count of the patient
- Bone Marrow Evaluation to confirm the patient’s health condition to be leukemia
- Lumbar Puncture or spinal tap to assess whether there’s a spread of ALL from the cerebrospinal fluid.
- Imaging tests such as X-ray, CT Scan MRI, and ultrasound to check for inflated lymph nodes, affected areas in the central nervous system (brain and spine), and spread of ALL to other internal organs of the body.
Treatment of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- The treatment of acute lymphocytic leukemia is provided in four phases namely induction therapy, consolidation therapy, maintenance therapy, and preventive treatment to the spinal cord.
- In induction treatment, the pancreatic cells from the blood and bone marrow are murdered in order to restore the normal blood cells.
- The consolidation treatment also referred to as post-remission therapy, is directed to destroy the rest of the leukemia cells within the entire body, for example, from the brain and the spinal cord.
- In care therapy, the reappearance of leukemia cells within the entire body is prevented.
- Preventive treatment for this spinal cord is supplied to the individual in every stage of the treatment process where further treatment is given to him/her to destroy leukemia cells within their own central nervous system.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy contains providing pills or injecting chemotherapy drugs to the patient’s veins which flow to the blood flow and destroys the cells.
- Targeted Drug Treatment: Targeted medication therapy also composed of drugs that are offered to the patients to kill the leukemia cells. However, the difference between chemotherapy and targeted treatment is that chemotherapy might also destroy healthy tissues whereas, in the event of the last, these medications identify just the cells and kill them.
- Radiation Therapy: In a radiation treatment, high-profile beams are utilized to kill cells that are cancerous. It’s strongly recommended by the hematologists and oncologists if ALL spreads into the central nervous system.
Factors affecting the cost of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia Treatment
- These variables affect the treatment cost of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia:
- The clinic, the individual’s wish.
- The kind of acute lymphocytic leukemia is symbolized by the hematologist.
- The fee to the team of physicians.
- Standard diagnostic and test processes.
- The price of this follow–up care is needed after the procedure.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Who gets affected by ALL the most?
A: Acute lymphocytic leukemia is not strange among children between two — 5 decades old and at an older age.
Q: What are the side effects of acute lymphocytic leukemia treatment?
A: The immediate side effects of severe lymphocytic leukemia therapy are:
- Reduced protection to infections
- Affected by bleeding or bruising
- Feeling tired
- The unpleasant taste of mouth
- Change of flavor
- Alteration in center muscles
- Total loss of hair
- Sperm production comes to an interruption in guys
Q: Can Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia be completely cured?
A: Total treatment of ALL majorly is depends upon the state of the individual, his/her stage, lifestyle, and reaction to the treatment. Patients who undergo complete absolution after only 4-5 weeks generally get higher expectations of diagnosis. Similarly, patients under 50 have a much better prospect of a full cure. The subtype of ALL can be taken into the examination. Patients using T-cell ALL have a better chance of recovery than those with older B-cell ALL.
Road No 72, Opp. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School Hyderabad 500033 India
Established in : 1988
Number of Beds : 380
Otakçılar Cd. No:78 Flat Ofis Aqua Court E Blok 3. Kat Eyüp Eyüp İstanbul 34050 Turkey
Established in : 1993
Number of Beds : 5600
164, World cup-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16499 South Korea
Established in : 1994
Number of Beds : 1200
Senior Consultant , DM, MD, MBBS
21 years of experience
Ahmedabad , India
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, DNB
20 years of experience
Director , MBBS, MD
32 years of experience