Leukemia Treatment Cost In India
Leukemia is the cancer of a group of blood cells that begin in the bone marrow and result in the production of a high number of abnormal cells in the body, especially in adults. But these days, there are cases when cancer – Leukemia has become such common cancer in young children too. This type of cancer, however, forms in white blood cells, which act as a catalyst to the body to fight infections. These blood cells, also known as “blasts” or “leukemia cells,” are not completely developed.
The researchers are yet to find the exact cause of this disease. Still, according to doctors, genetic mutation, exposure to radiation, and family health history can be some of the reasons why a person may suffer from this disease. The Leukemia treatment price of this disease includes many radio and chemotherapy sessions. The treatment period can also be prolonged. Hence the expenses for the treatment of this illness are usually quite high. But in India, treatment for leukemia is available at all the first-rate hospitals with a team of highly experienced doctors and therapists.
Though Leukemia Treatment Cost in India depends upon the type and how fast the cancer cell grows in the body, it is still quite affordable in India as compared to other developed nations having the same expertise. The price of Leukemia treatment in India might be lower or more depending on the hospital, the doctor’s qualifications, and a number of other variables.
What Is Leukaemia
Leukemia is a malignant disease in which the bone marrow and other blood-producing organs start producing an abnormal number of immature leukocytes or white blood cells. This leads to a decrease in the production of normal and healthy blood cells that causes anemia and other infections due to reduced immunity of the body. The cause of the disease is not yet known. Still, family history, exposure to radiation, genetic disorders like Down syndrome, and smoke can be identified as some of the relatable causes or reasons. We offer the best and most affordable leukemia treatment costs in India with our vast specialties experts and medical staff who take care of the patients coming to India with the best and most comfortable services.
Classification Of Leukaemia:
Leukemia disease is classified based on how fast the abnormal blood cells are produced and grow in the body and on the type of blood that is involved.
Depending upon the pace of growth of the cancerous cells, Leukaemia is classified into two types, Acute and Chronic Leukaemia.
- In Acute Leukaemia, the blood cells grow at a very fast rate and also do not function normally. They are immature and spread rapidly.
- In Chronic Leukaemia, the speed at which the cancerous cells are produced may vary, and they are not necessarily abnormal as some might function normally too. It spreads at a slower rate as compared to acute Leukaemia.
Another classification of the disease can be done based on the type of cell that gets affected. Based on this, the other two types of Leukaemia are Lymphocytic Leukaemia and Myelogenous Leukaemia.
- In Lymphocytic Leukaemia, the lymphoid cells or tissue are affected, which is the foundation of the immune system of the body.
- In Myelogenous Leukaemia, the myeloid cells are affected are responsible for the production of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
Based on the above classification, leukemia disease is divided into 6 major types:
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia (ALL)
- Acute Myelogenous Leukaemia (AML)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (CLL)
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukaemia (CML)
- Hairy Cell Leukaemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
Symptoms of Leukaemia
Initially, Leukaemia may not show any obvious symptoms, but they eventually start showcasing after a while. The major symptoms of the disease include:
- Anemia is caused due to the depletion of normal cells and the increase of abnormal cells that cause lowered levels of iron in the blood. This eventually causes fatigue.
- An increased tendency to bleed or bruise from the nose, gums, and blood in stool or urine.
- Susceptibility to infections that can cause sore throat, bronchial pneumonia, headache, low-grade fevers, mouth sores, and skin rashes.
- Swollen lymph nodes are mainly appearing in the neck, armpits, or groin.
- Loss of weight.
- Loss of appetite.
- A swollen spleen causes discomfort under the left lower ribs.
- Petechiae causes the appearance of red spots on the skin.
- Excessive perspiration, more at the night.
- Pain and tenderness in bones.
Leukemia Treatment Cost in India
Affordable Leukemia treatment cost in India start at INR 13,00,000 (USD 15,700). Comparatively speaking to other nations, the price of Leukemia treatment in India is much more affordable. Additionally, the scope and quality of medical treatment and services offered are comparable to those found in the world’s top hospitals. Even after travel, lodging, and food costs are subtracted, additionally, the overall cost of Leukemia treatment in India will depend on the sort of therapy you require and the results of your examination.
Factors That Affect The Cost of Leukemia Treatment in India
Leukemia Treatment cost in India can depend on the patient depends on many factors, they are:
- The hospital, the patient chooses.
- Fee for the team of doctors.
- Standard tests and diagnostic procedures.
- Type of surgery performed
- cost of Radiation /Chemotherapy
- The price of the needed post-procedure care
- Leukemia Treatment in India prices can depend on the type of hospital and rooms you stay.
For foreign patients traveling to India, Medsurge India provides the finest Leukemia Treatment in India at a reasonable cost, all while being supervised by top medical professionals. Click here for the medical visa form.
Diagnosis of Leukemia:
When the patient arrives in the physician’s clinic with a particular group of symptoms, the physician can advise several tests to validate the diagnosis. Most frequently, patients having swollen lymph nodes, spleen, or liver have been advised to experience a mix of the following evaluations to rule out or confirm leukemia:
This typically comprises a full blood count to look at the degree of WBCs from the body of the suspected individual. People that have an abnormally high WBC count are often suggested to experience bone marrow biopsy.
Bone Marrow Aspiration:
This process includes the withdrawal of a sample of bone marrow with the support of a needle for additional examination.
Bone Marrow Biopsy:
In this process, the physician usually removes a sample of bone marrow in the pelvis of the individual and assesses the existence of cancer cells.
This is a unique process conducted for the identification of acute myeloid leukemia. The chromosome in bone marrow cells have been analyzed and assessed.
Also called lumbar puncture, this process involves taking a sample of cerebrospinal fluid in the reduced back for research and evaluation.
It’s the X-ray of their torso, which is occasionally conducted through leukemia diagnosis to inspect lung disease or swollen lymph nodes.
Treatment for Leukemia
Hematologist-oncologists typically treat leukemia. These medical professionals are experts in cancer and blood conditions. The type and stage of the cancer determine the course of treatment. The patient’s general health and other medical issues also play a role. Depending on the type of leukemia, rapid treatment might not be necessary for some types. However, one or more of the following is typically used in leukemia treatment:
- Chemotherapy: To eliminate leukemia cells, chemotherapy employs medication. Depending on the type of leukemia, you can take a single medication or a mix of several.
- Radiation therapy: In order to harm leukemia cells and halt their proliferation, radiation therapy uses high-energy radiation. A single area of your body can be irradiated or you may receive radiation all over.
- Stem cell transplantation: By using healthy bone marrow from a donor or your own (autologous transplantation) to replace defective bone marrow, stem cell transplants can treat a variety of bone marrow disorders.
- Immune or biological therapy: Treatments used in biological or immunological therapy assist your immune system in identifying and combating cancer cells.
- Targeted treatment: Targeted therapy makes use of drugs that exploit weaknesses in cancer cells. It is common to treat CML with imatinib (Gleevec), for example.
Best Oncologists in India
How to Choose a Hospital For Leukemia Treatment In India
Hospitals that perform Leukemia Treatment in India are well-known for their hospitality and patient care services providing the finest hospital and doctors in India. However, choosing a suitable hospital for Leukemia Treatment in India can be difficult for an international patient. It is a significant decision that must be made with several factors in mind, including:
- Quality certificates and accreditations
- Hospital and transportation facility location
- Team of doctors and surgeons
- Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic equipment
- International patient assistance
Best Leukemia Treatment Hospitals in India
- Fortis Hospital Gurgaon
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital New Delhi
- Manipal Hospital Dwarka, Delhi
- Fortis Hospital Noida
- HCG Cancer Centre, Bangalore
- Amrita Hospital, Faridabad
- Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road, Chennai
- BGS Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Bangalore
Why Do Individuals Prefer to Have Leukemia Treatment in India
Certainly, India is a popular destination for those seeking Leukemia Treatment and medical procedures. Leukemia Treatment cost in India is typically a fraction of the cost of a comparable procedure and consideration in the United States and other developed countries. In any case, the Leukemia Treatment cost in India may vary depending on the type of medical procedure, the use of inserts, and the patient’s other conditions. As a result, the final charges for Leukemia Treatment in India given to patients are entirely based on their clinical reports, as well as the patient’s current condition, type of medical procedure, type of room, the specialist’s skill, and hospital brand.
The best hospitals for Leukemia Treatment in India provide comprehensive appropriate treatment, including comprehensive pre-operative evaluations, minimally invasive surgical options, and post-operative rehabilitation programs. Patients can expect personalized treatment, individualized attention, and compassionate care at these medical facilities. Leading international agencies like the Joint Commission International (JCI) or the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) have accredited the hospitals.
How Can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. Our staff will provide you with a list of licensed, renowned, and trustworthy physicians and medical facilities in relation to your medical needs. We offer a variety of treatment options to fit your individual needs, as well as a budget-friendly approach. Besides that, we are able to assist patients in obtaining travel authorizations, and medical visas, as well as a wide range of other things in the process of their treatment.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Is the Fundamental Package Cost of Leukemia Treatment in India?
A: The leukemia treatment in India costs begins @ USD 15700+ and stretches up to USD 28000. Numerous components like varieties, the pace of development in the body, a multidisciplinary group of leukemia specialists, the number of travelers, medical clinic stands assume the significant job at the ultimate expense.
Q: What Is the Purpose of the Occurrence of Leukemia?
A: Environmental and hereditary components assume a significant job. The leukemia cells contain transformed DNA that prompts its unusual development while they lose the elements of white platelets.
Q: Is Cancer – Leukemia Transmittable?
A: If you will indulge in sex, kissing, and any other physical contact, including breathtaking under one rooftop, odds are high that you will be trapped in the snare of leukemia cancer. But, Cancer cells from one individual are commonly incapable of living in the body of another solid individual. A solid individual’s insusceptible framework perceives outside cells and pulverizes them, including disease cells, from someone else.
Q: Is There Any Symptom of Chemotherapy or Not?
A: Regular impacts like weakness, loss of hair, queasiness, change in craving, weight decrease, and skin shading change are the couple of basic impacts patients face after chemotherapy. You don’t have to get alarmed because the reactions are not implied for the patient who is one the beginning stage. A snappy consultation to the specialist would assist you with disposing of the chemotherapy.
Q: What Is the Normal Span to Recoup from Leukemia?
A: Before getting completely recuperated, one needs to take quite a while of legitimate and high standard clinical treatment from the best treatment hospitals in India. Acute leukemia may take numerous long periods of doctors medicines; however, constant leukemia sets aside a lot of long effort to recoup.
Q: Which Leukemia Is Most Noticeably Awful?
A: Adult acute myeloid leukemia is the most deadly sort of cancer. The bone marrow makes unusual myeloblasts (white platelet), red platelets, or platelets. It is the disease of blood and bone marrow. This kind of leukemia generally deteriorates rapidly if it isn’t dealt with.
LAST STATEMENT –
So, if you are looking to locate the best and elevated Leukemia treatment hospitals, doctors in India, we can assist you with meeting the best group of specialists who treat leukemia with the standard of care. We have some proof that demonstrated case studies of the treatment from cheerful patients. You can likewise look at our leukemia package, where we offer you huge access where you will meet the best doctors who perform astounding radiation treatment, medical procedures with the best chemotherapy methods alongside conveying a high caliber of care in India’s best hospital in a truly moderate cost.
Get in touch with us today to speak to our multidisciplinary group of leukemia specialists. Our group will respond to your inquiries and prescribe treatment choices dependent on your interesting necessities.
You May Looking for
Consultant , MBBS, DNB
Max Super Speciality Hospital
Saket, New Delhi, India
Senior Consultant , Fellowship, DNB, Fellowship, MS, MBBS
Experience: 17 years of experience
Millennium Cancer Center, Gurgaon