Breast Cancer Treatment in Bangalore
Breast cancer refers to the particular type of cancer that arises from the breast tissue and affects the mammary glands as well as other nearby muscles. The development of lumps, thickening of the skin around the nipples, pain, skin irritability, dimpling of the breast, and occasionally bleeding or pus discharge are early signs of breast cancer. A number of options are available for breast cancer treatment in Bangalore, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and targeted drug therapy. The location and size of the tumor, the study results of your lab tests, and whether cancer has spread to other parts of your body all play a major role in determining the best course of the treatment plan.
What is Breast Cancer?
Your breast tissue is where breast cancer begins. When breast cells mutate (change) and proliferate out of control, a mass of tissue(tumor) is formed. Breast cancer has the ability to spread and grow into the tissue surrounding your breast, just like other cancers do. It may also spread to other regions of your body and develop into new tumors. This condition is known as metastasis.
The second most common cancer in women after skin cancer is breast cancer. Although it can happen at any age, breast cancer is most commonly detected in adults over the age of 50.
There are several different types of breast cancer, including:
- Infiltrating (invasive) ductal carcinoma
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Infiltrating (invasive) lobular carcinoma
- Lobular carcinoma in situ
- Triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC)
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Paget’s disease of the breast
In most cases, when we refer to “breast cancer,” we mean cancers that develop in milk ducts or lobules. Other breast regions are also susceptible to developing cancer, though less frequently. These may consist of:
- Angiosarcoma: This uncommon form of cancer starts in the cells that line blood vessels or lymphatic vessels.
- Phyllodes tumors: which begin in the connective tissue, are uncommon. They are typically benign (noncancerous), but occasionally they can be malignant (cancerous).
Breast Cancer Treatment Cost in Bangalore
The average cost of breast cancer treatment in Bangalore starts from INR 1,65,500.
How Breast Cancer Treatment in Bangalore is Done?
Mammography and biopsy are the most frequently used procedures to diagnose breast cancer. Self-examination should always be done as a preventive measure to look for any lumps or hardness in the armpit or breast area. Based on the type of breast cancer you have, its stage and grade, size, and whether the cancer cells are hormone-sensitive, the best doctor for breast cancer treatment in Bangalore will decide on the best course of treatment for you. Your overall health and personal preferences are also taken into account by your doctor. The different procedure involved to treat breast cancer includes :
- Surgery: To remove tumors from the body, oncologists use one of the following types of surgery:
- Mastectomy: This procedure removes the entire breast with a tumor, and spares the skin.
- Lumpectomy/Breast Conservation Surgery: The removal of a lump around the breast with a 1 cm axillary lymph clearance.
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery: Following cancer-related treatments, reconstructive surgery helps to correct deformities and return to normal function. It seeks to achieve the best results for treatment-related damage repair. It occurs simultaneously with or following mastectomy or lumpectomy.
- Radiation Therapy: High-energy waves are used to kill cancer cells. For the treatment of breast cancer, advanced radiation therapy includes Single Dose Intra-operative Radiation Therapy (IORT) and 3DConformal Partial Breast Irradiation (CPBI)
- Chemotherapy: The use of powerful drugs to kill cancer cells.
- Hormone Therapy: Utilizing hormonal medications, such as estrogens, to stop hormones from promoting the growth of breast cancer cells.
- Targeted therapy: In this type of therapy cancer-specific genes, proteins, or the tissue environment that support the growth and survival of the disease are the targets.
- Immunotherapy: This treatment uses drugs to activate the body’s defense mechanisms or immune system to eliminate cancer.
Along with surgery or radiation, a patient may also receive chemotherapy, hormone therapy, or targeted therapy. During other forms of treatment, this strategy aids in the elimination of cancer cells that were left behind.
Several factors that could influence the cost of breast cancer treatment in Bangalore include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Admission Fee
- Age of the Patient
- The type of breast cancer surgery that will be carried out
- Overall Health of the Patient
- Postoperative challenges that are involved
- The Type of Admission Room Patient Opted
- Any Additional Laboratory or Examination Tests, including an X-ray, an ECG, etc.
What is the Success Rate of Breast Cancer Treatment in Bangalore?
If breast cancer is detected early, the success rate of breast cancer treatment in Bangalore is 92% which indicates that 90% of patients have a 5-year survival rate after treatment. Malignant cancer, which affects more women than men, is more prevalent in this type of cancer.
The survival rates are only estimates, so keep that in mind. They are unable to estimate your life expectancy or predict how well your treatment will work. Speak to your healthcare provider if you have specific questions about breast cancer survival rates.
The Best Hospitals for Breast Cancer Treatment in Bangalore are the Following:
- Manipal Hospital (Old Airport Road) Bangalore
- Apollo Hospital (Bannerghatta Road) Bangalore
- Fortis Hospital, Bangalore (Bannerghatta Road)
How can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the top five ways to prevent breast cancer?
A: Breast cancer prevention begins with healthy habits like limiting alcohol consumption and staying physically active. Learn what you can do to lower your risk of breast cancer.
To reduce your risk:
- Consume alcohol in moderation.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Engage in some physical activity.
- Postmenopausal hormone therapy should be limited.
Q: Is vitamin E beneficial to breast health?
A: It has been proposed that consuming vitamin E, a lipid-soluble antioxidant, may lower a woman’s risk of developing breast cancer. Vitamin E has been shown in animal models to reduce the occurrence of carcinogen-induced mammary tumors.
Q: Why do women’s breasts grow larger as they age?
A: Breasts with less elasticity lose firmness and fullness and can appear stretched and looser. It’s not uncommon for your cup size to change as you get older. As the aging process progresses, dense breast tissue is replaced by fatty tissue.
Q: When should you begin checking your breasts?
A: If you notice anything out of the ordinary, see your doctor right away and insist on a diagnosis. Women should have a yearly clinical breast examination by a doctor beginning at the age of 20 and annual mammograms beginning at the age of 45.
Q: Why is my left breast pain?
A: Changes in hormone levels can cause changes in the milk ducts or milk glands. These changes in the ducts and glands can lead to painful breast cysts, which are a common cause of cyclic breast pain. Noncyclic breast pain can be caused by trauma, prior breast surgery, or other factors.
Q: Do breasts shrink when you lose weight?
A: Adipose tissue, or fat, makes up the majority of the breasts. Losing body fat can cause a person’s breast size to shrink. People can lose body fat by burning more calories than they consume and following a healthy diet. A low-calorie, high-nutritional diet can help to shrink breast tissue indirectly.
1411 Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Phra Khanong Nuea, Khet Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand Thailand 10110 Thailand
Established in : 1977
Number of Beds : 280
27 Inhang-ro Sinheung-dong Incheon Incheon 400 711 South Korea
Established in : 1996
Number of Beds : 906
875, Haeun-daero, Haeundae-gu, Busan, 48108, Rep. of Korea Busan Busan 48108 South Korea
Established in : 2007
Number of Beds : 1004