- Dr. Narender Kumar Magu is Pioneer in “Hip Preservation/Reconstruction/Proximal Femoral Osteotomies” in the management of various hip disorders and “Pelvi-Acetabular Fractures”.
- The doctor’s academic part was focused on establishing the Super-Specialty of “Hip Preservation” at Pt. B. D. Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana (India).
- The Surgical technique invented by “Magu et al” has now been included in the Orthopaedic reference book “Campbell’s Operative Orthopedic Surgery” “Fractures and Dislocations in Children” in ST Canale, JH Beaty, vol 2. The twelfth edition published by Mosby Philadelphia: Elsevier.
- Indian Orthopaedic association has been deputing fellows to the department of Orthopaedics to associate with Dr. Magu and learn the management of “Pelvi-acetabular fractures and Hip preservation Procedures” since the last few years.
- Dr. Magu has the largest number of publications on “proximal femoral osteotomies” in English literature and presented his work regarding the “osteotomies in hip disorders” and “Pelvi-acetabular fractures” in various centers of UK, Australia, USA, Prague Czech Republic, Gothenburg Sweden, Rio Brazil, Israel, Cairo Egypt, Thailand, Colombo Sri Lanka, and Dhaka Bangladesh, etc.
- MBBS, Pt. B D Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana (India)
- MASTER OF SURGERY ORTHOPAEDICS, Pt. B D Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana (India)
- FAMS, Fellow of National academy of Medical Sciences by National Academy of Medical Sciences
Work Experience Of Dr. Narender Kumar Magu
- 35 years exp. in Orthopaedic speciality in teaching institutions in various positions.
- Retired Senior Professor & Head, Orthopaedics at PGIMS, Rohtak
- Prof. Orthopaedics at SGT Medical College Chandu Budhera Gurgaon.
- Professor and Head Orthopaedics – Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Agroha
- Conferred upon “FAMS” Fellow of National academy of Medical Sciences by National Academy of Medical Sciences, Oct 2014.
- Excellent Medical Teacher Award 2014 by National board of medical examination.
- Awarded Indian Orthopaedic Society U.K. Senior Fellowship by Indian Orthopaedic Association; September 12 -25, 2010 to visit UK and present scientific work in various centers.
- Awarded A.O Fellowship (Switzerland and Germany) from April 2 to June 23, 1989.
- Referee to Judge prestigious National award “Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar award” for the year 2015.
- Hip Osteoarthritis, Traumatic Hip Disorders, Pelvic-Acetabular Fractures, Adolescent Hip Disorders, Infections of the Hip, Congenital/Developmental Disorders, Pathologic Femoral Neck Fractures
- Acetabular Fixation
- Acetabular Fracture
- Hip Pain Treatment
- Hip Preservation
- HIP Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Hip Resurfacing
- Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
- Pelvi-Acetabular Fractures
- Revision Hip Replacement
Consultant , FRCS, MRCS, D.Ortho, MBBS,
18 years of experience Bangalore , India