Bone Marrow Transplant For Leukemia in India
Certain individuals can increase survival rate by undergoing Bone Marrow Transplant in India for AML ( Acute Myeloid Leukemia). Replacing damaged cells with healthy cells can lower the possibility of bone marrow injury and relapse.
With an AML bone marrow transplant in India, either the person with cancer or a donor’s stem cells are harvested. After cancer treatment (such as chemotherapy), the healthy cells are transplanted back into the patient.
The Cost of Bone Marrow Transplant for Leukemia in India is quite affordable as compared to other developed countries. The entire treatment cost plan totally depends upon the type of facility chosen, stage of disease and duration of stay in the hospital.
What is Acute Myeloid Leukemia?
Acute Myeloid Leukemia is a type of blood cancer that grows aggressively. Acute Myelogenous Leukemia is a different term for it. In AML, the body produces abnormal blood-forming cells (stem cells) that do not develop appropriately. These cells proliferate rapidly in bone marrow (the soft, spongy tissue inside the bones). They inhibit the marrow’s ability to produce normal red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. With fewer healthy blood cells, the body is unable to fight infections or stop bleeding.
What do you mean by the term Bone Marrow Transplant in India?
A bone marrow transplant is a treatment that injects your body with healthy blood-forming stem cells to replace bone marrow that isn’t creating enough healthy blood cells. A stem cell transplant is another name for a bone marrow transplant.
If your bone marrow stops working and does not create enough healthy blood cells, you may require a Bone Marrow Transplant in India.
Cells from your own body (autologous transplant) or from a donor (allogeneic transplant) can be used in bone marrow transplants. Bone marrow transplants can help people with both cancerous and noncancerous conditions such as:
- Acute leukemia
- Aplastic anemia
- Bone marrow failure syndromes
- Chronic leukemia
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Immune deficiencies
- Multiple myeloma
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Plasma cell disorders
- Primary amyloidosis
Know More – Why The Cost of Leukemia Treatment In India Is Different From The Cost Of Leukemia Treatment In Western Countries
How does a Bone Marrow Transplant Help in the Treatment of Leukemia?
When the bone marrow is destroyed by some types of Leukemia, it may stop producing healthy blood cells. This can also occur as a side effect of treatments like high-dose chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
When your bone marrow fails to produce enough healthy blood cells to meet your body’s demands, this is known as bone marrow failure. Failure of the bone marrow can result in:
- Life threatening infections
- Excess bleeding
- Additional complications induced by low blood cell counts.
If your bone marrow fails, your doctor may suggest a bone marrow transplant for leukemia in India.
Healthy stem cells from bone marrow are introduced into your body during a bone marrow transplant in India. A transplant can help replace damaged bone marrow cells, allowing the body to produce healthy blood cells. A bone marrow transplant may even aid in the removal of dangerous leukemia cells in some circumstances.
In the Treatment of Acute Leukemia in India, the goal of a bone marrow transplant is complete remission. This means that following treatment, there are no clinical symptoms of the condition. There are two main Types of Bone Marrow Transplants for Leukemia in India:
- Autologous transplant: This type of transplant uses bone marrow cells from your own body.
- Allogeneic transplant: This procedure uses bone marrow cells from a matched donor.
While a bone marrow transplant does not require surgery, it is a complex procedure with numerous moving components. If you get a Bone Marrow Transplant to Treat Leukemia in India, you may have the following symptoms:
- Pretransplant testing: A full physical assessment is required prior to a bone marrow transplant. Your doctor (usually a hematologist or oncologist) will prescribe tests to monitor your blood and evaluate the health of your heart, lungs, liver, and other organs.
- Conditioning: High doses of chemotherapy may be used to kill both the leukemia cells and the healthy stem cells in your bone marrow in order to prepare your body for the transplant. This is known as conditioning. It makes space in your bone marrow for donor stem cells while also suppressing your immune system, allowing your body to accept donor bone marrow cells.
- Infusion: Following that, you will be given an infusion or injection of healthy stem cells.
- Recovery: It can take months or years to recover from a bone marrow transplant for leukemia. You will need plenty of rest at home and probably physical treatment to regain your strength.
What is Bone Marrow Transplant for Leukemia Cost in India?
“Bone Marrow Transplant for Leukemia Cost in India starts from USD 18000 for autologous bone marrow transplant and USD for allogeneic bone marrow transplant. The Bone Marrow Transplant for Leukemia Hospitals in India provides outstanding healthcare services at affordable prices.
Factors That Affect The Cost of Bone Marrow Transplant for Leukemia in India::
- Doctor’s competence and experience in the subject.
- The patient’s situation: The patient’s disease and whether additional modalities are required for comprehensive treatment.
- The Bone Marrow Transplant for Leukemia in India price package can depend on the hospital’s preference.
- Duration of hospitalization and stay in the country.
- Need for post-operative care.
- Hospital room classification.
However, the success rate of bone marrow transplant for leukemia in India varies from person to person. The overall cost of a bone marrow transplant in India is also determined by the following factors:
- Donor Availability
- The severity of the patient’s condition
- The type of transplant that is necessary
- The hospital’s location, type and clinical infrastructure
- Duration of hospital stay
- The surgeon’s expertise and fee
- Other laboratory testing and diagnostics
How does a Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) for AML Work?
Patients with AML(Acute Myeloid Leukemia), including older people, may benefit from BMT, commonly known as a Bone Marrow Transplant in India or blood stem cell transplant. It substitutes healthy blood-forming cells (stem cells) for unhealthy ones. Transplantation may be able to cure some patients’ diseases.
An allogeneic transplant is the most common type of Bone Marrow Transplant for AML in India. This type of transplant replaces unhealthy blood-forming cells with healthy ones donated by someone else. These healthy cells can come from a relative, an unrelated donor, or umbilical cord blood. To begin, you will receive chemotherapy (chemo), either with or without radiation, to kill the cancer-causing cells. The healthy cells are then administered to you via an intravenous (IV) catheter. The new cells enter your bones and begin to produce healthy blood cells.
The entire process, from the time you begin chemo or radiation until you are discharged from the hospital, can take weeks or months. This is followed by several months of recovery at home and near the transplant center. Your transplant team will continuously monitor you to detect and treat any adverse effects or complications.
How Effective are Bone Marrow Transplants in Treating Leukemia?
The effectiveness of bone marrow in the treatment of leukemia is determined by a variety of factors, including:
- Autologous or allogeneic transplantation
- If the donor cells come from a family member, such as a sibling, or from someone who is not related to you
- Severity and stage of leukemia
- How well your body tolerates particular surgeries or treatments based on your age and overall health or any complications or additional medical conditions that arise.
Autologous bone marrow transplants are generally easier for the body to tolerate than allogeneic transplants. This significantly decreases the possibility of certain complications. The disadvantage of autologous transplants is that, despite laboratory treatment, some leukemia cells may reappear.
How can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.