- Dr. Emre Acaroglu is an Orthopaedist & Traumatologist with 33+ years of experience in the field.
- Dr. Acaroglu is an Active Member of AO Spine Europe, EuroSpine (European Spine Society), Orthopedic Trauma Association, Scoliosis Research Society, Turkish Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Turkish Board of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Turkish Spine Society, and Turkish Society of Pediatric Orthopedics.
- He also has been the founding director of Ankara Spine Center since 2002.
- He graduated from Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 1986 where he specialized in Orthopedics and Traumatology. In 2002, he became a Professor and continued to serve as a lecturer at Hacettepe University till 2009.
- In addition to his expertise in healthcare, he also conducts academic studies on online and distance learning platform and has completed the Online and Distance Learning master program at Open University Milton Keynes in the UK.
- In 1993, Dr. Acaroglu did a Clinical Research Fellowship at Orthopedic Research Laboratory, Columbia University, New York, USA.
- He also has achieved several certificates such as ECFMG Certificate; AO Basic Certificate, Switzerland; AO Advanced Certificate, Turkey; AO Advanced Spine Certificate, Switzerland, etc.
- Graduation, 1980, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine
- Fellowship, 1986, Hacettepe University Orthopedics and Traumatology Specialization Training
- Fellowship, 1993, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Columbia University, NY
Work Experience Of Dr. Emre Acaroglu
- Director, Ankara Omurga Center, Ankara
- Professor, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Professor, University of California, San Francisco, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, USA
- Associate Professor, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Acaroglu E: Surgical treatment of the complications of tuberculosis spondylitis. In Margulies JY, Aebi M, Farcy JPC (eds) Revision Spine Surgery, Mosby 1999, St. Louis, 701-711
- Acaroglu RE, Demirkiran G: Management of spine tumors in young children. In Akbarnia BA, Yazici M, Thompson GH (eds) The Growing Spine, Springer 2011, Heidelberg, 119-134
- Acaroglu E, Akel I: Lumbar injuries in pediatric athletes. In Doral MN (ed) Sports Injuries, Springer 2012, Heidelberg, 1013-1016
- Kaptanoğlu E (Ed), Acaroğlu E (CoEd) Spinal instrumentation techniques (Book in Turkish), Intertip 2014, Ankara
- Acaroğlu E, Demirkıran HG, Ghermandi R, Boriani S: Management of sine tumurs in young children. In Akbarnia B, Yazici M, Thompson GH (Eds), The growing Spine, Springer 2015 Berlin, 449-472
- Martin-Buitrago MP, Pizones J, Sánchez Perez-Grueso FJ, Díaz Almirón M, Vila-Casademunt A, Obeid I, Alanay A, Kleinstück F, Acaroglu ER, Pellisé F; ESSG European Spine Study Group. Impact of iliac instrumentation on the quality of life of patients with adult spine deformity. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2017 Oct 31. doi: 10.1097/BRS.0000000000002476. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29095408.
- Acaroğlu E, Mmopelwa T, Yüksel S, Ayhan S, Nordin M, Randhawa K, Haldeman S. The Global Spine Care Initiative: a consensus process to develop and validate a stratification scheme for surgical care of spinal disorders as a guide for improved resource utilization in low- and middle-income communities. Eur Spine J. 2017 Oct 16. doi: 10.1007/s00586-017-5332-z. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29038871.
- Núñez-Pereira S, Vila-Casademunt A, Domingo-Sàbat M, Bagó J, Acaroglu ER, Alanay A, Obeid I, Pérez-Grueso FJS, Kleinstück F, Pellisé F; European Spine Study Group (ESSG). Impact of early unanticipated revision surgery on health-related quality of life after adult spinal deformity. Spine J. 2017 Oct 13. pii: S1529-9430(17)31047-1. doi: 10.1016/j.spinee.2017.09.017. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29037974.
- Çetin E, Çelik EC, Acaroğlu E, Berk H. Reliability and validity of the cross-culturally adapted Turkish version of the Core Outcome Measures Index for low back pain. Eur Spine J. 2017 Oct 7. doi: 10.1007/s00586-017-5329-7. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28988358.
- Yilgor C, Sogunmez N, Boissiere L, Yavuz Y, Obeid I, Kleinstück F, Pérez-Grueso FJS, Acaroglu E, Haddad S, Mannion AF, Pellise F, Alanay A; European Spine Study Group (ESSG). Global Alignment and Proportion (GAP) Score: Development and Validation of a New Method of Analyzing Spinopelvic Alignment to Predict Mechanical Complications After Adult Spinal Deformity Surgery. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2017 Oct 4;99(19):1661-1672. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.16.01594. PubMed PMID: 28976431.
- Mannion AF, Elfering A, Bago J, Pellise F, Vila-Casademunt A, Richner-Wunderlin S, Domingo-Sàbat M, Obeid I, Acaroglu E, Alanay A, Pérez-Grueso FS, Baldus CR, Carreon LY, Bridwell KH, Glassman SD, Kleinstück F; European Spine Study Group (ESSG). Factor analysis of the SRS-22 outcome assessment instrument in patients with adult spinal deformity. Eur Spine J. 2017 Sep 2. doi:10.1007/s00586-017-5279-0. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28866740.
- Nabiyev V, Ayhan S, Yuksel S, Niyazi A, Mmopelwa T, Domingo-Sabat M, Vila-Casademunt A, Pellise F, Alanay A, Perez-Grueso F, Kleinstuck F, Obeid I, Acaroglu E; European Spine Study Group (ESSG). Does Surgery for Adult Spinal Deformity Affect the Cognitive Abilities in Patients over 50 Years of Age? Turk Neurosurg. 2017;27(5):779-784. doi: 10.5137/1019-5149.JTN.18285-16.1. PubMed PMID: 27509465.
- Pellisé F, Vila-Casademunt A, Núñez-Pereira S, Domingo-Sàbat M, Bagó J, Vidal X, Alanay A, Acaroglu E, Kleinstück F, Obeid I, Pérez-Grueso FJS, Lafage V, Bess S, Ames C, Mannion AF; European Spine Study Group. The Adult Deformity Surgery Complexity Index (ADSCI): a valid tool to quantify the complexity of posterior adult spinal deformity surgery and predict postoperative complications. Spine J. 2017 Jul 4. pii: S1529-9430(17)30316-9. doi: 10.1016/j.spinee.2017.06.042. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 28684347.
- Acaroglu E; European Spine Study Group. Decision-making in the treatment of adult spinal deformity. EFORT Open Rev. 2017 Mar 13;1(5):167-176. doi: 10.1302/2058-5241.1.000013. eCollection 2016 May. PubMed PMID: 28461944; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5367523.
- Acaroglu E, Guler UO, Cetinyurek-Yavuz A, Yuksel S, Yavuz Y, Ayhan S, Domingo-Sabat M, Pellise F, Alanay A, Perez Grueso FS, Kleinstück F, Obeid I; European Spine Study Group. Decision analysis to identify the ideal treatment for adult spinal deformity: What is the impact of complications on treatment outcomes? Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2017 May;51(3):181-190. doi:10.1016/j.aott.2017.03.003. Epub 2017 Apr 25. PubMed PMID: 28454778.
Abstracts and presentations:
- Over 100 abstracts and presentations in various national and international meetings
- Trauma Surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Pelvis-Acetabulum Surgery
- Bone infections due to war injuries
- Leg and arm rescue surgeries
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy Spine Surgery
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery
- Lumbar Laminectomy for Spine
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Scoliosis Spine Surgery
- Slip Disk Treatment
- Spinal Fusion Surgery
- Spinal Stenosis
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty