- Dr. Gazi Huri is a reputed Orthopaedist and Traumatologist with a rich experience of 18+ years in the field.
- Dr. Huri is the Executive Board Member of the Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Education Council, Board Member of Turkish Shoulder and Elbow Society, Member of Association of Bone & Joint Surgeons, and Education Committee Board Member of Asia Pasific Orthopaedics Association (APOA).
- He is also the president of the Federation of Orthopedics Traniees in Europe (FORTE) and Project Coordinator of European School for Training in Orthopaedics (ESTRO).
- He has recieved several awards for his contribuition in the field of orthopaedics such as 2018 Young Scientist Award Winner from Turkey Science Academy, AAOS Surgical Skill Scholarship Award from American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and many more.
- He graduated from Ankara University Faculty of Medicine in 2003. Between 2003-2008, he received an Orthopedics Specialist at Hacettepe University, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Later, he worked at the Johns Hopkins University Sports Surgery and Shoulder Surgery Clinic in the United States.
- Dr. Huri has 18 scientific articles, 45 papers and 10 book chapters at national level and has 39 articles, 27 papers, 14 book chapters scanned in the International Science Citation Index or Scopus.
- Graduation, 1997, Ankara University Faculty of Medicine
- Post Graduation, 2003, Hacettepe Üniversitesi
- Fellowship, 2012, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, USA
Work Experience Of Dr. Gazi Huri
Associate Professor, Hacettepe University School of Medicine
1. A unique type of rectus femoris injury in an adolescent professional soccer player, Gazi Huri, Justin Dubin, Kerem Özgönen, Defne Kaya, Mahmut Nedim, Doral, Jounal of Bone and Joint Surgery (JBJS-Am) Case Connector, (in press) doi: 10.2106 / JBJS.CC.M.00290
2. Cutaneous burn from a Radiofrequency ablation probe during shoulder, Arthroscopy, Talati RK, Dein EJ, Huri G, McFarland EG .. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2014; in press
3. Endoscopy Assisted Percutaneous Repair of Achilles Tendon Ruptures, Mahmut Nedim Doral, Gazi Huri, Egemen Turhan, Defne Kaya, Gürhan, Dönmez, Kadir Büyükdoğan, Mustafa Sargon, Eur J Endosc Laparosc Surg2014; 1 (2) 61-65
4. Scapula fracture and os acromiale after reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. Demos TC, Lomasney LM, Familiari F, Huri G , Gonzalez-Zapata A,, McFarland EG. Orthopedics. 2014 Jul 1; 37 (7): 434-95. doi: 10.3928 / 01477447-20140626-01
5. Functional outcomes of minimally invasive percutaneous platosteosynthesis, (MIPPO) in humerus shaft fractures: A clinical study, G. Huri. OS Bicer, H. Ozturk, MADeveci. the I. T, Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2014 (accepted) in press
6. Failed Remplissage Procedure [video], Gazi H, Familiari F, Gonzalez-Zapata A, McFarland EG. Cover image. Arthroscopy. 2014; in press.
7. Treatment options for rotator cuff tear arthropathy. Huri G , Familiari F, McFarland EG. Seminars in Arthroplasty. 2014; in press, http://dx.doi.org/10.1053/j.sart.2014.02.002
8. supraspinatus tears after total shoulder Arthroplasty: a review of diagnosis and treatment. Familiari F, Huri G , McFarland EG. Seminars in Arthroplasty. 2014; in press, http://dx.doi.org/10.1053/j.sart.2014.02.011
9. An alternative endoscopic portal for suprascapular nerve approach: an anatomic study. Huri G, Uzumcugil A, Bicer OS, Ozturk H, McFarland EG, Doral MN. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2014; in press, doi: 10.1007 / s00167-014-2903-y
10. Is percutaneous plate advancement suitable for all levels of anterior humeral surface? A Cadaveric Study, Gazi Huri , Omer S Biçer, Akif Mirioğlu, Mehmet A Deveci, Hakan Öztürk, Ismet Tan, Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2014 (accepted) in press
11. Humerus Fracture in a Baseball Pitcher after Biceps Tenodesis, Eric Dein, Gazi Huri, John C Gordan, Edward McFarland, Am J Sports Medicine. 2014in press, doi: 10.1177 / 0363546513519218
12. Treatment of superior labrum anterior posterior lesions: a literature review, Gazi Huri, Yoon Suk Hyun, Nickolas G Garbis, Edward McFarland, Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 2014; 48 (3): 290-297 doi: 10.3944 / AOTT.2014.3169
13. New glenohumeral arthrosis in a patient 2 years after superior labrum repair, NG Garbis, G Huri , EG McFarland, [video] Arthroscopy. 2014; in press
14. Uncommon indications of reverse total shoulder arthroplasty, Hyun YS, Huri G , Garbis NG, McFarland EG., Clin Orthop Surg. 2013; 5: 243-255 doi: 10.4055 / cios.2013.5.4.243
15. An unusual case of hand xanthomatosis, Gazi Huri , Noah Jaochim, Case Rep Orthop. 2013: 183018doi: 10.1155 / 2013/183018
16. A novel repair method for the treatment of acute Achilles tendon rupture with minimally invasive approach using button implant: A biomechanical study, Gazi Huri , Omer Sunar Biçer, Levent Özgözen, Yurdanur Uçar, Nickolas G, Garbis, Yoon Suk Hyun, Foot and Ankle Surgery, Volume 19. Issue 4, p 261-266 2013, doi: 10.1016 / j.fas.2013.06.12
17. A biomimetic growth factor delivery strategy for enhanced regeneration of iliac crest defects, P.Yılgör Huri , G.Huri, U Yaşar, Y. Flies, N. Dikmen, N. Hasırcı, V. Hasırcı, Biomed Mater. 2013 19; 8 (4): 045009 doi: 10.1088 / 1748-6041 / 8/4/045009
18. Unusual Cause of Knee Locking. Gazi Huri, Omer Sunkar Bicer, Case Reports in Orthopedics, Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 837140, doi: 10.1155 / 2013/837140
19. Arthroscopy-assisted reduction versus open reduction in the fixation of medialmalleolar fractures, Egemen Turhan, Mahmut Nedim Doral, Murat Demirel, Ahmet Ozgur Atay, MuratBozkurt, Onur Bilge, Gazi Huri , Kivanc Atesok and Defne Kaya, European Journal Of Orthopedic Surgery & Traumatology, Dec 2013, doi: 10.1007 / s00590-012-1100-2
20. A new fixation technique for phalangeal neck fracture in adults: Report of 2 cases, Ayhan Kilic, Gazi Huri, Techniques in Orthopaedics December 2013 - Volume 28 - Issue 4 - p 333-337, doi: 10.1097 / BTO.0b013e31827b71b8
- Knee Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- ACL Reconstruction
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Ankle Replacement Surgery
- Arthoscopy and Sports Medicine
- Bilateral Hip Replacement Surgery
- Elbow Replacement Surgery
- Exostosis Treatment
- HIP Replacement Surgery
- Knee Replacement
- Knee Replacement Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Replacement Surgery
Consultant , DNB, Diploma, MBBS
25 years of experience
Chennai , India
29 Years of experience
Senior Consultant , Post Graduation, Graduation
22 years of experience
Dubai , United Arab Emirates