Liver Transplant Surgery Cost in Delhi
Liver transplants have been one of the most effective medical advancements during the preceding 50 years. This medical therapy is currently in its golden age in India as a result of the rise in surgical operations and technological breakthroughs over the past few decades. Contact our expert to learn more about inexpensive liver transplants in India. The liver excretes bile serum and regulates the bulk of blood chemical levels. This facilitates the liver’s ability to eliminate waste. All of the blood that exits the stomach and intestines is filtered by the liver. The liver processes blood, converting drugs into forms that are safer for the body or easier to utilize, as well as breaking down, balancing, and producing nutrients. The liver is in charge of more than 500 crucial processes. India has grown to be one of the most sought-after locations for medical tourism worldwide because of these figures and the fact that Indian team doctors are knowledgeable about the most recent advancements in the healthcare sector.
Cost of Liver Transplant Surgery in Delhi
Liver transplants are fairly affordable in India. The success rate for liver transplant surgery in India ranges from 85% to 90%, which is comparable to what established western nations provide.
A liver transplant surgery cost in Delhi starts from USD 32000. The patient must spend 14 days in the hospital and another 60 days outside of it. The patient’s diagnosis and the facilities they choose will influence the overall cost of the treatment.
Other several factors that may also influence the Liver Transplant Surgery cost in Delhi include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Admission Fee
- Age of the Patient
- Overall Health of the Patient
- Any Additional Laboratory or Examination Tests, including an X-ray, an ECG, etc.
Which are the Best Surgeons in Delhi?
1. Dr Sanjiv Saigal: Principal Director & Head, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- 1500 liver transplants, both from cadavers and living donors, were carried out.
- With a success rate of over 90%, do roughly 25 liver transplants each month.
- Knowledge of acute liver failure, viral hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease, liver cancer, and drug-induced liver disease. Expertise in liver transplantation (transplant hepatology).
- More than 130 talks that were published in national and international forums
- Many honours, such as the Calcutta University Gold Medal, the National Pfizer Award, the INLAKS Fellowship in Liver Transplantation at King’s College Hospital in London, etc. Read More
2. Dr. Vivek Vij: Chairman – Liver transplant, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Performed 2000 liver transplants with his team’s combined experience after doing more than 500 liver transplants with little issues.
- The first surgeon from India to publish a collection of laparoscopic donor hepatectomy in liver transplantation.
- Founder of the Fortis group of hospitals’ very successful liver transplant programme, which was first launched at its Noida site and then moved to Mohali.
- Performed more than 500 non-transplant liver resections, such as segmental and radical cholecystectomies.
- Roche Preceptorship, University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA International Liver Transplant Society (ILTS). Read More
3. Prof. (Dr.) Subhash Gupta: Chairman, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket
- In India, he has been a trailblazer in the advancement of living donor liver transplantation (LDLT).
- From the Apollo Health Education and Research Foundation, he has received the status of Professor of Surgery.
- He received a Gold Medal from the Delhi Medical Association in 2005. He received a 2012 Rotary Association of India Award for Clinical Excellence.
- On Doctor’s Day in 2012, the Delhi Medical Association gave him the Vishist Chikitsh Rattan (Distinguished Clinician) award.
- The Medical Council of India presented him with the renowned “B.C. Roy” award in 2016. Read More
4. Dr. K R Vasudevan: Director, Jaypee Hospital, Noida
- With more than 18 years of expertise, Dr. K R Vasudevan is one of the best surgeons for liver transplants.
- Dr. Vasudevan specialises in minimally invasive surgery, endosurgery, colonoscopy, endoscopic surgery, and non-surgical fat loss.
- 1500 liver transplants in both adults and children were successful, with a 95% success rate.
- Established transplant programmes and trained future surgeons.
- “Young Investigator Award” by the International Liver Transplant Society for the abstract at the 13th Annual International Conference, 2007
5. Dr. Abhideep Chaudhary: Senior Director & HOD, BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Dr. Abhideep Chaudhary is a well-known figure in the field of HPB surgery and liver transplantation after successfully treating multiple patients.
- NewsX Health Excellence award presented by the Hon’ble Health Minister, Sh J.P. Nadda in the field of Surgical Gastro and Liver Transplant – December 2018
- Delhi Medical Association “Vishisht Chikitsa Award’’ – for outstanding contribution in the field of Liver Transplantation in India – 5th July 2015
- Founding member of the Liver Transplant Society of India. Read More
Why is Delhi a Top Destination in India for Liver Transplant Surgery?
India is one of the most popular destinations for medical tourists, and many of its cities are known as the world’s medical capitals. Patients can easily identify the best hospitals in India for Liver transplants. One of the most recognizable cities in India is Delhi. In order to grow a business and engage in other activities inside the healthcare system, the location is crucial. Delhi is a bustling metropolis with gracious residents. Both governmental and private hospitals are prevalent in the city due to their dense population. International standards are followed by a lion’s share of hospitals. English is a language that most of the staff can speak with ease. Top surgeons in India have years of expertise and are dedicated to giving each patient the best care. Delhi’s incredible infrastructure can accommodate the demands of this expanding medical tourism industry. The city is home to world-class medical facilities, including hospitals, hotels, and other lodging alternatives. The city’s link to the rest of the world is unprecedented.
Accessibility of the metro and airport: Flights to Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport are available frequently from almost every country in the world as well as from every Indian city. Additionally, there are other metros that connect New Delhi Metro Station to both major and little locations across the country. Last but not least, Delhi has a world-class highway system that connects it to every part of the country.
List of Some Best Hospitals in Delhi:
- BLK Hospital, Delhi
- Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi
- Apollo Hospital, Delhi
- Max Hospital, Delhi
- Manipal Hospital, Delhi
- Jaypee Hospital, Noida
How can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.