Heart Bypass Surgery Cost in Mumbai
The most frequent procedure that cardiac surgeons undertake each year is bypass surgery. A different name for it is coronary artery bypass surgery. It seeks to replace the blocked or damaged coronary artery. Providing the heart with oxygenated blood is the coronary artery’s primary purpose. Heart failure results from the heart’s inability to operate correctly due to a restriction in the blood flow to the organ. The goal of bypass surgery is to restore blood flow to the heart that has been obstructed by blood clots or plaque. The surgeon uses a healthy blood vessel from another part of the body to connect from the beginning to the end of the blockage, thereby creating a new path for the blood to travel. This new channel, which allows blood to pass through the obstruction, increases the volume of blood that reaches the heart. In order to build a bypass or alternate path through the coronary artery blockage, the procedure includes extracting a section of (an artery or vein) from another part of the body.
Cost of Heart Bypass Surgery In Mumbai
The estimated cost of a heart bypass surgery in India is far lower than in other developed countries such as the United States, the United Nations, Africa, and America. The Heart Bypass Surgery Cost in Mumbai starts from USD 5000.
A total of eight days are needed for the patient’s hospital stay, including one or two days in the intensive care unit and four to five days of observation. In addition, he or she would have to spend 15 to 20 days in India.
Other several factors that may also influence the Heart Bypass Surgery Cost in Mumbai include:
- Surgeon Fee
- Admission Fee
- Age of the Patient
- Overall Health of the Patient
- Any Additional Laboratory or Examination Tests, including an X-ray, an ECG, etc.
Which Are The Best Cardiac Surgeons In Mumbai?
Dr. Jamshed Dalal: Director at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- More than 3000 Cardiac Cath operations have been completed by him throughout his more than 37 years of practice.
- Won the “Young Researcher Award” by the British Cardiac Society.
- He is a faculty on International Conferences and Workshops.
- In addition to participating in the treatment, he has spent the last 20 years instructing doctors in India and China how to perform coronary angioplasty.
- In Mumbai in 1984, Dr. Dalal started the first angiography program. Read More
Dr. Nandkishore Kapadia: Director, Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- He brought first LVAD (Heart mate II ) to India.
- Won Gold Medal in MCH Best Paper Nomination for 2 Articles in World.
- Has over 28 years of successful experience and Cardiac surgery includes more than 10,000 CABGs, 5,000 or more open heart operations, 500 or more minimally invasive cardiac treatments, 190 or more heart and lung transplants, and 150 or more ECMO and VAD installations.
- Over a hundred presentations by Dr. Kapadia have been presented at various national and international conferences, including the annual Conference of the World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons (Canada, 2006). Read More
Dr. Chandrashekhar Kulkarni: Consultant at the department of Cardiac Surgery in Apollo Jehangir Hospital
- P K Sen GOLD medal – 2004
- He’s been treating patients with heart, vascular, and thoracic issues for 16 years.
- He has a particular interest in minimally invasive cardiac surgery, or heart surgery with little incisions.
Dr. Vishal Khullar: Director – CTVS and Heart and Lung Transplant Nanavati, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai
- Dr. Khullar has carried out challenging cardiac surgeries and participated in more than 300 heart and lung transplants.
- Performed and took part in over 7000 successful general cardiac procedures, including heart and lung transplants, bypass surgeries, valve replacement, complex aorta surgeries (including aortic root replacement, ascending aortic replacement, and aortic arch reconstruction), and complex aortic surgeries.
- Has an experience for over more than 17+ years as a cardiovascular surgeon.
Best Cardiac Surgery Hospitals in Mumbai
- Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai
- Global Hospital, Mumbai
- Wockhardt Hospitals, Mumbai Central
Why is Mumbai a Top Destination in India for Heart Bypass Surgery?
India is one of the most popular destinations for medical tourists, and many of its cities are known as the world’s medical capitals. Patients can easily identify the best hospitals in India for heart surgery. Mumbai is one of India’s most well-known cities. The location is important when it comes to developing business and other activities in the healthcare system. Mumbai is a lively city with friendly locals and warm hospitality. Because of the city’s dense population, both private and public hospitals are plentiful. The vast majority of hospitals adhere to international standards. The majority of the personnel are fluent in English. With years of experience in their fields, India’s top cardiac surgeons are committed to providing the best care possible to each patient. Mumbai is an essential location for business and tourism in India, and it fairly represents the country’s urban healthcare market due to the high standards of healthcare facilities. The city has one of the best access to modern medical services in India.
Accessibility to Airport: After New Delhi, Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is the second busiest in terms of international passenger traffic. Three operational terminals spread across 750 hectares of land, with 950 aircraft movements per day. In 2016, it was also named “Best Airport in India and Central Asia.”
How can Medsurge India Help?
Medsurge India is a prestigious support system for patients looking for doctors, hospitals, and specialized treatments. We’ll find the most suitable medical options for you. Regarding your medical issues, our team will give you a list of certified, reputable, and trusted doctors and hospitals. Additionally, we offer a treatment strategy that fits your budget. Apart, we assist patients with obtaining travel authorizations, medical visas, and a multitude of other things.