- Dr. Guruprasad is a Neurologist and Geriatric Neurologist with an experience of more than 16+ years.
- Dr. Hosurkar is an active member of the Indian Academy of Neurology, Bangalore Neurological Society, and the Indian Medical Association (IMA).
- Some of the services provided by dr. Guruprasad is Neuromuscular disorders, Electromyography(EMG), Parkinson’s Disease Treatment for Nerve and Muscle Disorders, etc.
- Along with his team, he has not only managed innumerable patients with stroke issues but has been closely involved in the monitoring of the intra-arterial, intravenous and mechanical thrombolysis (depending on the patient requirement) with great success and favorable clinical outcomes.
- The doctor has been a faculty member in neurocritical conferences. As a guest speaker in neurological meetings, both regional and national, he has presented many interesting neurological cases including temporal arteritis presenting as a stroke, unusual painful syndrome due to TB arachnoiditis and myelitis, acute stroke, and stroke intervention, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, etc.
- The doctor has completed his MBBS from Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences (VIMS), Bellary in 1996, MD – Internal Medicine from King Edward Memorial Hospital, and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College in 2001, and DNB – Neurology from DNB board, New Delhi in 2004.
- DNB, 2004, India National Board of Examination, New Delhi
- MD, 2001, Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- MBBS, 1996, Vijayanagara Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary
Work Experience Of Dr. Guruprasad Hosurkar
- Consultant, Care Institute of Medical Sciences, 2008
- Senior Registrar, Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai, 2004
- Certificate of achievement in deep brain stimulation (DBS) for treatment of parkinson's disease and essential tremors, by ECMT course held at Kiel, Germany
- Observership in DBS for movement disorder and parkinson's disease programme at department of neurology, UK, SH, Kiel, Germany
- Acute Stroke Care,
- Geriatric Neurologist,
- Parkinson's Disease Treatment,
- Intravenous & Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis in Stroke,
- Spinal Disorders,
- Deep Brain Stimulation Therapy in Parkinson's Diseases,
- Headache Management,
- Neuro - muscular Disorders,
- Electromyography (EMG),
- Deep Pain Stimulation Therapy,
- Epilepsy Treatment,
- Nerve and Muscle Disorders,
- Autism - Stem Cell Treatment
- Blood Clot Brain Surgery
- Brain Haemorrhage Treatment
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cerebral Angioplasty
- Cerebral or Brain Aneurysm Treatment
- Cerebral Palsy - Stem Cell Treatment
- Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency Treatment
- Corpus Callosotomy
- Craniotomy Surgery
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Endovascular Coiling
- Gliomas Treatment
- Parkinson's Disease
- Percutaneous Balloon Compression (PBC)
- Percutaneous Steriotactic Treatment - PSR
- Radiofrequency Rhizotomy - Neurotomy
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, DM
17 years of experience Bangalore , India
Senior Consultant , DM, MD, MBBS
21 years of experience
New Delhi, India