Brief About Dr. Ibrahim Husni Mohd Abugheida
Dr. Ibrahim Husni Mohd Abugheida is a well-known Radiation Oncologist with over 10 years of expertise. He specialises in the treatment of breast Cancer, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, thoracic, and CNS cancers, as well as benign and functional diseases. He earned his MD in 2012 and completed his residency in Internal Medicine and Radiation Oncology at the American University of Beirut Medical Center, where he was appointed Chief Resident in 2017.
In the meanwhile, also Watch Uganda Patient Testimonial video of Breast Cancer
Dr. Ibrahim completed his clinical residency in advanced radiation oncology at Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, USA, in 2018, and his second clinical fellowship in advanced radiation oncology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Huston, Texas, USA, in 2019. He is also a member of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee of VPS/Burjeel Hospital, as well as the American Society of Radiation Oncology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Furthermore, he is also a qualified physician who uses radiation therapy to treat malignant, benign, or functional disorders.
- Elhalwani H, Awan M, Ding Y, Mohamed A, Elsayes A, Abu-Gheida I, Wang J, Hazle J, Gunn GB, Lai S, Frank S, Ginsberg L, Rosenthal D, Fuller C. Data from terminated study on iron oxide nanoparticle magnetic resonance imaging for head and neck tumors. Accepted Manuscript, Nature Scientific Data.
- Geara FB, Abu Gheida I, Asmar K, Youssef B, Sabri A, Tfayli A, Shamseddine A. Impact of chemotherapy response on the outcome of Nasopharyngeal Cancer Treated by Induction Chemotherapy and Definitive Radiation. Arch Onco Resh Ther. 1(1):1-8.
- Abu-Gheida I, Hammoudeh L, Abdel- Razeq H. Controversies of radiation therapy omission in elderly women with early stage invasive breast cancer. Transl Cancer Res 2019. doi: 10.21037/tcr.2019.06.47
- Abu-Gheida I, Chao S, Murphy E, Suh J, Stevens, GH, Mohammadi A, McNamara M , Yu JS. Targeted therapy after brain radiotherapy for BRAF-mutated melanoma with extensive ependymal disease with prolonged survival: Case report and review of the literature Front Oncol. 2019 PMID: 30972290
- Abu-Gheida I,Reddy CA,Kotecha R, Shah CS, Kupelian PA, Mian OY, Ceizki JP, Stephans KL Tendulkar RD; Ten-Year Outcomes and Toxicity with Moderately hypofractionated (70 Gy in 28 fractions) Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy for Localized Prostate Cancer. Intern J Radio Onc Biol Phys PMID: 30721720
- Bachelor of Science - Biology Major. The American University of Beirut faculty of arts and sciences.
- USA Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduate Certified
- DM, Doctor of Medicine - The American University of Beirut faculty of medicine and medical center.
- Radiation Oncology Residency - The American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
- Fellowship, Advanced Clinical Radiation Oncology Fellow- Cleveland Clinic foundation, Ohio, USA.
- Fellowship, Advanced Clinical Radiation Oncology Fellow-The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas USA
- Central nervous system tumors
- Benign and functional diseases
- Breast Cancer