- Dr. Virani manages different forms of renal disease in adults and children.
- Dr Virani has had experience in all forms of dialysis treatment which include acute and chronic peritoneal dialysis, haemodialysis, continuous therapies like continuous venovenous hemofiltration/haemodialysis (CVVH/CVVHD) and arterio-venous hemofiltration, /haemodialysis (CAVH/CAVHD).
- Some procedures that Dr. Virani has performed independently include central venous catheterization, placement of percutaneous peritoneal catheters and percutaneous kidney biopsies.
- Dr Virani also manages renal transplant patients including their pre-operative evaluation, intra-operative, and immediate post-operative transplant care. He furthermore takes care of follow up in out-patient care.
- Dr Virani experience extends to the renal ICU and kidney transplant patients with many being ABO-incompatible kidney transplants.
- Dr Virani has received honorary positions including being a Member of the Ethics committee of Prince Aly Khan Hospital. He was also a past chairman of the Executive committee of Prince Aly Khan Hospital
MD, 2009, Bombay University
DNB, 2009, Prince Aly Khan hospital
MBBS, 2003, Bombay University
Work Experience Of Dr Zaheer Amin Virani
Consultant, Global Hospitals, Mumbai
Consultant, Wockhardt Hospital
Consultant, Prince Aly Khan
Consultant, Reliance Foundation Hospital and research centre
ASN Kidney Week 2013 Annual Meeting, November 7-10 in Atlanta, GA. Primary Author :
1) Abstract 2960 “IgA Nephropathy with renal Atypical Mycobacterium Infection” selected for poster presentation.
Awarded 2nd prize in Burjis N. Khurshedji award session.
Oro-poster accepted in Annual Congress of the ISN Kolkata Dec. 2014.
- Interventional nephrology, Preventive nephrology, Renal transplant
- Interventional nephrology
- Preventive nephrology
- Renal transplant
Senior Consultant , MBBS, MD, DNB
11 years of experience
Consultant , DNB, MD, MBBS
24 years of experience