In recent years, India has emerged as a top medical travel destination. Medical tourism or medical travel implies when a person seeks medical treatment outside the place that they love. India is a land that is known for modern as…
Liposuction Surgery Cost in India
- The cost of liposuction in India ranges between USD 2400 to USD 3800.
- For several years now, liposuction has become a trendy cosmetic treatment. This technique has been followed by both men and women of different ages to get rid of the excess fat deposits that do not go away with diet and exercise.
- There are many places where liposuction can be used, but it is mostly done on the belly, buttocks, thighs, chin, shoulders, arms, sides, calves, and back.
- Technological progress has made liposuction much less painful and easier to conduct, with higher standards of performance.
Diagnosis steps for Liposuction
Liposuction is a highly individualized technique. For people who prefer liposuction, diagnostic criteria are:
- Adults that are less than 30% of their target weight
- Individuals with the firm, elastic skin and a strong tone of muscle
- Strong people without conditions of co-morbid illness
- Useful in cases of Gynecomastia, Lymphedema
- Lipodystrophy syndrome – In one part of the body, fat accumulates. Liposuction can help by changing the distribution of body fat.
- To eradicate excess skin and other irregularities following severe weight loss.
- Useful for the treatment of Lipomas
Read more about Liposuction here.
Different Types of Liposuction
- Traditional Liposuction: The surgeon makes an incision and removes a cannula, moving it back and forth to break up fat cells that are removed by suction. Traditional liposuction is performed under general anaesthesia.
- Tumescent Liposuction: The safest and most successful method of liposuction surgery is tumescent liposuction. Via small incisions, large quantities of saline fluid are pumped into the fatty region to be treated. The saline solution helps differentiate muscle from fat. A cannula is then passed back and forth by the vacuum pump through the areas of excess fat and fat extracted.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL) uses ultrasonic energy to liquefy excess fat prior to surgical suction, also known as ultrasonic liposuction. An additional benefit is that during the process, it tightens the skin.
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL) – A controlled cannula is used in this, creating small, rapid movements, loosening and breaking up fat cells, allowing more fat to be removed and can be done quicker, causing less pain and less bleeding after surgery.
- Laser-Assisted Lipolysis (LAL) – A narrow tube is inserted through the incision, also known as laser-guided lipo, to inject laser energy and heat into the fat that is then sucked out under the skin.
You may also be interested to know about Tummy Tuck Cost in India
Liposuction Surgery Cost in India
Starting USD 2200
(Indian Rupees Approx. 1,54,000)
Procedure of Liposuction
Before the Procedure
- After the surgery, the surgeon will address your hopes and the advantages of having the operation, possible complications, after treatment.
- The surgical team, a registered dietitian, and a psychologist will examine the patient.
- You will be given a full medical history.
- Preoperative laboratory test series are conducted to test readiness for surgery
- Recommended to modify current medicines, avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements because they can increase bleeding.
- You are recommended to quit smoking if you are a smoker.
During the Procedure
- Local anesthesia, intravenous sedation, or general anesthesia may be depending on the surgeon’s choice and criteria for anesthesia.
- The treatment of liposuction is carried out by small, inconspicuous incisions.
- Via small incisions, large quantities of saline fluid are pumped into the fatty region to be treated. The saline solution helps differentiate muscle from fat.
- To loosen the excess fat, a thin hollow tube, or cannula, is inserted through the incisions.
- Using a surgical vacuum or syringe attached to the cannula, the dislodged fat is then suctioned out of the body.
After the Procedure
- The surgeon can keep the incisions open after the operation so that excess fluid and blood may drain out of the body.
- Swelling and fluid retention following liposuction are usually encountered.
- In the region where fat has been extracted, there may be numbness. In 6 to 8 weeks, this should change.
- In order to protect the treatment areas, compression sleeves, or elastic bandages are recommended. These help control swelling and compress the skin into new contours of the body.
- In established incisions under the skin, small temporary drains can be inserted to remove any excess blood or fluid.
- Care should be taken to ensure that incisions during the healing process are not subject to undue force, swelling, abrasion, or motion.
- To help recovery and decrease the risk of infection, medicines are administered.
- Once the swelling and fluid retention usually encountered following liposuction subside, enhanced body contour will be evident.
Recommended: Steps for Liposuction Surgery
Factors affecting the cost of Liposuction Procedure
- Costs for hospitals
- Fees for physicians and doctors’ team fees
- Health Screenings
- Price of medications
- Post-operative follow-up expenses
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When am I going to start having liposuction?
A: If there are excess fat deposits that do not react to diet or exercise in particular areas of the body, liposuction could be an option for you.
Q: What are the liposuction findings?
A: But in some cases, improved body contours may be visible, it may not be possible to obtain optimum results with a single surgical procedure and another operation may be required.
Q: Are the liposuction effects long-lasting?
A: The liposuction effects would be long-lasting, providing a healthy weight, and retaining general fitness. It is normal to lose some firmness as your body ages.
Q: Is it uncomfortable with liposuction?
A: After the operation, there will be bruising, swelling, and soreness that will last for a minimum of a few weeks.
Q: What happens after a liposuction operation if there is weight gain over time?
In people that gain weight, their fat distribution changes after the operation. Many who had fat accumulating in their hips before may discover a new region that accumulates fat.
29 Saemunan-ro, Gyonam-dong, Seoul Seoul 110-130 South Korea
Established in : 1968
Number of Beds :
Okhla road, Sukhdev Vihar Metro Station New Delhi Delhi 110025 India
Established in : 1988
Number of Beds : 300
43 Rue 7301 Tunis 1013 Tunisia
Established in : 2004
Number of Beds :
Senior Consultant , FRCS, MDS, BDS, MBBS
19 years of experience
Kochi , India
Consultant , MBBS, MS, MCh
30 years of experience
Visiting Consultant , MCh, MS, MBBS,
29 years of experience Noida , India
Breast cancer illness begins when cells in the breast area are born to outgrow without limits & lead to the formation of a tumor. This is a fatal tumor disease that enlarges into the nearby tissue cells or develops into…
Indian hospitals usually provide surgical treatments, radiation therapy treatments, chemotherapy treatments, bone marrow transplants, gene therapies, hormone therapies, etc based on the kind and stage of cancer that you or your family member is affected with. People getting cancer treatment…
If you are confused by what kind of exercise is good for brain health, then this blog is for you! Learn what kind of exercise improves your brain function, and overall well being in shape. If you ask the mindfulness…