In recent years, India has emerged as a top medical travel destination. Medical tourism or medical travel implies when a person seeks medical treatment outside the place that they love. India is a land that is known for modern as…
Liposuction Surgery Cost in India
Liposuction is a type of plastic/cosmetic surgery that involves fat removal. Lipo, lipectomy, or lipoplasty are all terms for the removal of stubborn fat from parts of the body that haven’t responded to diet or exercise. Liposuction surgery in India is one of the most refined and advanced cosmetic procedures. In a nutshell, it’s similar to “contouring,” but for the body.
Fat removal surgery in India is performed to remove fat cells in the body that grow in size and volume. This helps people who are grossly obese or struggling with a medical condition.
International patients travel to India for the fat removal process as the cost of liposuction surgery in India is quite affordable in comparison to other developed countries.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is the suction-based removal of body fat. Liposuction is often performed in combination with other cosmetic procedures such as breast reduction or tummy tuck.
It is used to reshape body segments that have not responded to dietary changes and are not intended to treat obesity.
You may have been eating healthy and exercising for years, yet certain parts of your body refuse to shrink. Some people have fat cells that refuse to shrink no matter how much they work out or eat salad. If you have stubborn fatty deposits, liposuction may be an option. Small bulges are removed throughout the operation to give you better body outlines (shapes).
With the advancement in technology, liposuction surgery in India has become less painful and easier to perform. There are several ways to carry out this procedure; however, all of them require tiny tubes known as Cannula. These tubes are inserted into the body via small incisions in the skin and suction away excess fat from particularly targeted regions.
Liposuction can be performed on several parts of the body, including the neck, face, belly, thighs, back, and buttocks, among others. However, the best outcomes are seen when treatment is performed on smaller sections such as Chin.
Unless a considerable volume of fat needs to be removed, liposuction operations do not require an overnight stay in a hospital. It can be done very well under local anesthesia. Sedation is only required when the process must cover a larger area.
Liposuction surgery in India is commonly used to treat:
- The abdomen and waist
- Back and chest
- Face, chin, and neck
- Buttocks and hips
- Inner thigh, calves, and ankles
- The upper arms
Read more about Liposuction here.
Who is the Right Candidate for Liposuction?
Liposuction can be performed on people of any gender. Liposuction may be recommended for males to treat gynecomastia or enlarged breast tissue.
It is important to have realistic expectations and goals while considering liposuction. Liposuction is used to treat specific portions of the body. Liposuction will not keep you from gaining or regaining weight.
Good Liposuction candidates should be nonsmokers with the following characteristics:
- Average or slightly above-average weight.
- Skin that is firm and elastic, as well as muscle tone.
- Overall good health.
- Fat pockets that haven’t responded to diet or exercise.
What are the Different Types of Liposuction?
- Traditional Liposuction: The surgeon makes an incision and removes a cannula, moving it back and forth to break up fat cells that are removed by suction. Traditional liposuction is performed under general anesthesia.
- Tumescent Liposuction: The safest and most successful method of liposuction surgery is tumescent liposuction. Via small incisions, large quantities of saline fluid are pumped into the fatty region to be treated. The saline solution helps differentiate muscle from fat. A cannula is then passed back and forth by the vacuum pump through the areas of excess fat and fat extracted.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL): It uses ultrasonic energy to liquefy excess fat prior to surgical suction, also known as ultrasonic liposuction. An additional benefit is that during the process, it tightens the skin.
- Power-assisted liposuction (PAL): A controlled cannula is used in this, creating small, rapid movements, loosening and breaking up fat cells, allowing more fat to be removed and can be done quicker, causing less pain and less bleeding after surgery.
- Laser-Assisted Lipolysis (LAL): A narrow tube is inserted through the incision, also known as laser-guided lipo, to inject laser energy and heat into the fat that is then sucked out under the skin.
You may also be interested to know about Tummy Tuck Cost in India
Liposuction Surgery Cost in India
However, the liposuction surgery cost in India is around USD 2,500 (Indian Rupees Approx. 1,54,000). Factors affecting the cost of liposuction procedures are the following:
- Costs for hospitals
- Fees for physicians and doctors’ team fees
- Health Screenings
- Price of medications
- Post-operative follow-up expenses
How Liposuction Surgery is Performed?
Before the Procedure
- After the surgery, the surgeon will address your expectations and the advantages of having the operation, and possible complications, after treatment.
- The surgical team, a registered dietitian, and a psychologist will examine the patient.
- You will be given a full medical history.
- Preoperative laboratory test series are conducted to test readiness for surgery
- Recommended to modify current medicines, and avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicines, and herbal supplements because they can increase bleeding.
- You are recommended to quit smoking if you are a smoker.
During the Procedure
- Local anesthesia, intravenous sedation, or general anesthesia may be depending on the surgeon’s choice and criteria for anesthesia.
- The treatment of liposuction is carried out by small, inconspicuous incisions.
- Via small incisions, large quantities of saline fluid are pumped into the fatty region to be treated. The saline solution helps differentiate muscle from fat.
- To loosen the excess fat, a thin hollow tube, or cannula, is inserted through the incisions.
- Using a surgical vacuum or syringe attached to the cannula, the dislodged fat is then suctioned out of the body.
After the Procedure
- The surgeon can keep the incisions open after the operation so that excess fluid and blood may drain out of the body.
- Swelling and fluid retention following liposuction are usually encountered.
- In the region where fat has been extracted, there may be numbness. In 6 to 8 weeks, this should change.
- In order to protect the treatment areas, compression sleeves, or elastic bandages are recommended. These help control swelling and compress the skin into new contours of the body.
- In established incisions under the skin, small temporary drains can be inserted to remove any excess blood or fluid.
- Care should be taken to ensure that incisions during the healing process are not subject to undue force, swelling, abrasion, or motion.
- To help recovery and decrease the risk of infection, medicines are administered.
- Once the swelling and fluid retention usually encountered following liposuction subside, enhanced body contour will be evident.
Recommended: Steps for Liposuction Surgery
Swelling usually goes away within a few weeks after liposuction. The treated area should be less bulky by this point. Expect the treated region to become thinner after a few months.
Skin naturally loses rigidity as we age, but liposuction effects are generally long-lasting as long as you maintain your weight. Your fat distribution may vary if you gain weight following liposuction. For example, regardless of which areas were first treated, you may gain fat around your abdomen.
Overall, liposuction provides excellent outcomes. The majority of the progress should be lasting. However, in some circumstances, more than one treatment is required to achieve the desired results.
The Most Important Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When am I going to start having liposuction?
A: If there are excess fat deposits that do not react to diet or exercise in particular areas of the body, liposuction could be an option for you.
Q: What are the liposuction findings?
A: But in some cases, improved body contours may be visible, it may not be possible to obtain optimum results with a single surgical procedure and another operation may be required.
Q: Are the liposuction effects long-lasting?
A: The liposuction effects would be long-lasting, providing a healthy weight, and retaining general fitness. It is normal to lose some firmness as your body ages.
Q: Is it uncomfortable with liposuction?
A: After the operation, there will be bruising, swelling, and soreness that will last for a minimum of a few weeks.
Q: What happens after a liposuction operation if there is weight gain over time?
In people that gain weight, their fat distribution changes after the operation. Many who had fat accumulating in their hips before may discover a new region that accumulates fat.
27 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
Established in : 1898
Number of Beds : 525
29 Saemunan-ro, Gyonam-dong, Seoul Seoul 110-130 South Korea
Established in : 1968
Number of Beds :
Abu Hail Road, Behind Ministry of Environment and Water, Dubai United Arab Emirates
Established in : 1970
Number of Beds : 215
Merkez, Kaptanpaşa Mahallesi Okmeydanı Kavşağı, Darülaceze Cd. No:14, Okmeydanı Sisli İstanbul 34384 Turkey
Established in : 1997
Number of Beds : 199
Consultant , MBBS, MS, MCh, FRCS
31 years of experience
Breast cancer illness begins when cells in the breast area are born to outgrow without limits & lead to the formation of a tumor. This is a fatal tumor disease that enlarges into the nearby tissue cells or develops into…
Indian hospitals usually provide surgical treatments, radiation therapy treatments, chemotherapy treatments, bone marrow transplants, gene therapies, hormone therapies, etc based on the kind and stage of cancer that you or your family member is affected with. People getting cancer treatment…
If you are confused by what kind of exercise is good for brain health, then this blog is for you! Learn what kind of exercise improves your brain function, and overall well-being in shape. If you ask the mindfulness experts,…